Twibes of Erfworld

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Twibes of Erfworld

Postby Deo » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:45 am

Happy Hallows Eve!

Any who, I was checking my mail and thought about how its been awhile since I heard anything. It will be a week tomorrow since I last sent orders and its been quiet since.

Is something going on, or is this just a a bit of a pause in the game?
Deo
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:12 am

No, that's my fault. Sorry. I've been distracted lately.

I hope to process tomorrow night - so call it 24 hours. I'm not sure that I have recent orders from acorntail.

Apologies!
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:40 am

3 players processed. Will finish Deo's tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.
LTDave

Postby Deo » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:07 am

I have not seen my turn yet

:(
Deo

Postby Deo » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:00 pm

So Dave?

You Alive?

You said you were going to send my turn tomorrow, back on the 2nd, and I never heard from you.
Deo

Postby Werebiscuit » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:01 am

Hi Deo
Dave hasn't logged on since Monday the 11th and Acorntail seems to be busy with Real life exams (see "commanders" thread) so looks for now like we're on hiatus. I haven't rushed to send in my return so far but it won't take me long if I know we're active again.
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:55 am

Yeah, hi, woops. Sorry.

I'm having some issues at the moment, the least of which is that I've mislaid my flash drive with all of the game stuff on it.

It will turn up at some point, and my life might return to the place where I can go back to gaming, but at the moment I'm elsewhere.

I apologise. I hate it when games go on this kind of hiatus - I should have apologised earlier.

Now, to find that damn stick...
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:47 pm

Ok, so good news! I found my flash drive. It had gone through the washing machine and survives, which is quite impressive I believe.

The bad news seems to be that we have entered another of those 'long dark tea-time of the soul' that longtime erfworld fans have come to accept as normality. As a result, there is a diminishing of forum activities in general, and forum game foruming in particular.

I'm also in one of the busy periods of work life with the run up to Christmas, and then the long, lazy, steady, summer months that follow for us in the Great South Land. So gaming may or may not resume some time in the new year.

In the meantime, it looks like we've lost Azgrut and werebiscuit, though I hold out hope for both as extraordinary gentlemen of the first calibre. Deo has been gently reminding me to get back to it, and I hope to honour his commitment and excellent gaming capabilities. Acorntail is no doubt recovering from the Great South Land tradition that is called "schoolies", whereby newly matriculated secondary students consume their own weight in alcohol, and embarass themselves on the television news. Titans' speed, Acorn.

All in all, if the comic picks up, and players come back, and I don't lose my flashdrive again, this game will continue its shambolic and laconic drive to completion. If 'ifs and buts' were candy and nuts, we'd all have a bowl of granola.

Chiz
LTDave

Postby Azgrut » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:09 am

I am still alive. But the long silence has taken my priority away a bit. Or are you the one waiting for me?

Gz!
Azgrut

Postby LTDave » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:46 am

Technically yes, but mostly no.

I did send you a report, but don't think I have orders from you.

But then, I have not processed orders for Deo from way back in October or something, so he's waiting for me.

Good that you are still alive. I will try to rouse myself from the doldrums...
LTDave

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:22 am

LTDave wrote:In the meantime, it looks like we've lost Azgrut and werebiscuit, though I hold out hope for both as extraordinary gentlemen of the first calibre. Deo has been gently reminding me to get back to it, and I hope to honour his commitment and excellent gaming capabilities. Acorntail is no doubt recovering from the Great South Land tradition that is called "schoolies", whereby newly matriculated secondary students consume their own weight in alcohol, and embarass themselves on the television news. Titans' speed, Acorn.

All in all, if the comic picks up, and players come back, and I don't lose my flashdrive again, this game will continue its shambolic and laconic drive to completion. If 'ifs and buts' were candy and nuts, we'd all have a bowl of granola.

Chiz

Definitely not lost Werebiscuit...he's in gentle hibernation but if prodded he'll spring back to life and bite your head o....ermm no..he'll resume where he left off.
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:37 am

Excellent, excellent.

This is like Blues Brothers, or the Muppets. We're getting the band back together!
LTDave

Postby Deo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:53 pm

I am still around though I am a tad busy at the moment as my college finals are taking place so I am scrambling a bit.
Deo

Postby Acorntail » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:16 pm

I'm still here. Or rather, I've just returned. :P

A pity there's this hiatus, I was -so- close to world domination. :lol:
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail

Postby LTDave » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:44 am

Hiatus un-hiated.

I've finally processed Deo's orders. Waiting on Werebiscuit and the Crafters, and also Azgrut and the Golmon for some orders.

Cheers!
LTDave

Postby Deo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Finals this week and last so I am being slow about sending in new orders, should have them done by Thursday or Friday. I am also doing some traveling between Dec 23rd and Jan 2nd and I do not know how responsive I might be during that time.
Deo

Postby Deo » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:58 am

Holy crap. Totally thought I sent my orders before I went to California on Dec 23rd for ten days. My bad, I am really sorry about that. Orders have been submitted.
Deo

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:22 am

Went back to hibernating again after I sent in my orders...but still here...gently snoozing... awake at your leisure (or is that peril- Who knows ?) :twisted:
Werebiscuit

Postby LTDave » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:39 pm

Yep, okay, I'll try to bring this to a nicer conclusion than just abandoning it.

Azgrut, if you are out there, give me sign!

(the chirping of cicadas)

(actually, the squealing of tyres on a blue holden utility)

Cool cool.

(I'll PM him)
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:13 am

Baa-Waaa!

Warlord Daire looked up from his papers. The trumpet had sounded to signal the end of turn, but the sun was still high in the sky. He hadn't used his one move, so the sun had not moved all turn, but this was strange. Something new. Turn ends, sun sets, sleep, wake, rations, turn starts. That's how it had always been. But not...thisturn

"To Arms! To Arms! Someting is in our battle space!"

The warriors of Clanna Dedad looked at their warlord, mouths agape. But that did not last long, as the giant leader started wapping them with his hat and bellowing "Garn, ya jits! To Arms! To the Walls!"

Hex: Munster
    Level 1 City
    Level 1 Walls

Warlord Daire Level 1
    24 Cwuthin (Stabbers) Level 1
    4 Warriors (Knights) Level 1
    4 Heavy Warriors (Knights) Level 1
    2 Sin Mac (Scouts) Level 1
    1 Ogre (Heavy) Level 1

Burkar looked around and thought: "Ok. No problem." He took a deep breath. "Eyes of the Chief on me. Eyes of the Titans. Everybody is watching. No problem. We can do this."

He turned to Garlezo. “We can do this.” He said. Garlezo nodded, clanking.

Burkar fought the urge to shake his head. Why was a Courtier here? And why, in the name of all that was holy, was he wearing level 4 armour? Titans teeth!
“Ok. Let’s go.”

Burkar waved to the other units in the hex. “Come on, Gnomes. Stack tight, let’s go. It’s going to be a cake walk.”

Burkar Warlord Level 1
    Courtier Garlezo Gnomic with Lvl4 Armour and Weapon, Level 1
    13 Heavy Warrior Gnomes (Knights) 1
    47 Gnomes (stabbers) Level 1
LTDave

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games