Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:30 pm

Zeku wrote:Have Guile (Ace?) Make him a Thinkamancy-blocking helmet. Yes, made out of tin foil.


At least let him have a Magneto style hat, man.

And its a shame that it'd be a huge stretch for Parson to speak Navajo. But I suppose Ace can always build Enigma machines.



Menlo Marseilles wrote:That's a difficult habit to hide, given that it involves extended breaks from reality and wearing flowers in your hair.


Indeed. I was just proffering it as a possibility. Given that you can inflict them on someone just be letting them touch it, it would be an excellent tool for corruption. Especially if you rationed the victim's access to them.

Of course, its even more fun if you do it to someone your target loves and use that form of coercion to control the both of them.
Jabberwocky
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby 0beron » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:42 pm

Oberon wrote:[The Great Minds] actually went through the trouble to build the temple just to keep [Charlie] out of their minds.
I'm not sure we know that they did. The Temple could have been built back when the Great Minds were first formed, as a logical HEADquarters (sorry couldn't resist) It's blocking property may simply be an existing asset they are now forced to take advantage of due to Charlie, rather than being just a neat feature.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby Vorteks » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:09 pm

Is it just me, or has the art gotten better over the last couple weeks?
Vorteks
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 10:50 pm

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby elecampane » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:16 pm

So, any thoughts on who are the new casters here? I mean, surely each of them is a reference to someone.
Last edited by elecampane on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elecampane
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby badninja » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:18 pm

So I wonder who the spy is? Parson is going to tell just enough to scare Charlie that his true nature is getting out in the open. The fact of the thinkamancers knowing about the leak is a trivial matter because they will cover their tracts because Charlie will not allow the leak to be found, look at people who leak on the internet they are everywhere and next to impossible to track down exactly after the fact. The next few updates will be interesting as Parson sets the stage for the next battle.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:46 am
Location: Tatooine

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby 0beron » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:29 pm

Um...is it just me or is everyone jumping to conclusions here? I'm not seeing any confirmation in the update that there IS a spy...just Parson saying that placing one would be the smart thing for Charlie to do.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby technojunkie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:02 pm

No, we don't know for a fact there is a spy. But we're NOW doing what the great minds WILL be doing over the next few updates. Considering possibilities; looking for confirmation that nobody is actually on the inside. I see a good old fashioned McCarthy-esque inquisition in the MKs future.
User avatar
technojunkie
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby bladestorm » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:09 pm

0beron wrote:Um...is it just me or is everyone jumping to conclusions here? I'm not seeing any confirmation in the update that there IS a spy...just Parson saying that placing one would be the smart thing for Charlie to do.
I think Parson is just feeling out the actual security of the Temple, and seeing how well the Great Minds have actually considered what Charlie is capable of. Like he did with Ansom, he's playing the opponent rather than playing the game. He's pushing Charlie's big button with the reveal of information about him, and he's pushing the Great's Minds's buttons by calling their ultimate security into question.

If this stuff really does make an area immune to Charlie, what would that be worth on an open market? I'm sure Stanley would authorize a treasury expenditure to get his planning room (at the very least) coated with this stuff (and it matches his Hammer). Could Ace make a suit of armour out of this stuff (possibly via link)? does this stuff block natural thinkamancy as well, effectively blocking Parson from issuing commands to his units? Could they make enough of this stuff to encase Charlescomm's single city? no need to attempt the murderous defenses of the city when you can just seal it off.

Also, could a thinkamancer linked to a thinkamancer do their boost loyalty spell at a distance and prevent the archon from turning? or maybe even pop an archon over three turns?
bladestorm
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 10:11 pm

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:51 pm

0beron wrote:Um...is it just me or is everyone jumping to conclusions here? I'm not seeing any confirmation in the update that there IS a spy...just Parson saying that placing one would be the smart thing for Charlie to do.


Indeed. Their society might be closed up tighter than a duck's porkhole. But introducing the idea of a spy is a solid move, especially if there is one.

And most of us are just speculating about how such a spy could be placed, recruited, ect.


Though I will say that now the idea has been stated, *something* has to come of it. Maybe there is no spy, but if you bring out Chekov's Spy then you gotta do something about it, even if it turns out to be a RED Herring. Or even a BLU Herring.

"Spah 'round here!"
Jabberwocky
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby Kornaki » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:31 pm

Parson putting together how JoJo knew where to find him in three.... two..... one.....
Kornaki
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:44 pm

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby technojunkie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:39 pm

Kornaki wrote:Parson putting together how JoJo knew where to find him in three.... two..... one.....



Awww Booop.....

I think you just found the strongest argument yet for the actual existence of a spy.
User avatar
technojunkie
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby ManaCaster » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Kornaki wrote:Parson putting together how JoJo knew where to find him in three.... two..... one.....

Parson sort of transmitted his portal plan by Thinkamancy to Wanda, and Charlie can spy on Thinkamancy. That would be more than enough.
ManaCaster
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:06 am

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby Ditto » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:29 pm

Well, yeah, of course. So Charlie knows where Parson is, whatever. But then a (fellow) Carny shows up holding a scroll from Charlie. Dots connected. That's significant rather than not.
SteveMB wrote:The question is getting Wanda to honor the offer. They could keep going back and forth: offer, honor, offer, honor....
Sorry*.
*no I'm not
Ditto
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby Miryafa » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:31 pm

Where is the white-shirt-hail-rolls woman from? Rent? (Haven't seen it)
Miryafa
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:57 pm

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby Tonot » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:27 am

Miryafa wrote:Where is the white-shirt-hail-rolls woman from? Rent? (Haven't seen it)


I was expecting people to provide explanations of the new thinkamancers.

I don't know where she would be from, the first thing I thought was Lucille Ball, but I can't provide a reason she would be a "great mind" except that sort of extremely sideways approach to greatness.
You know how Clowns in the Circus Ring look like they are totally inept, but actually they are far more skilled than any of the other performers . . . they flawlessly do all the things the other performers do (tumbling, acting, juggling, animal handling) while at the same time introducing accurate "flaws" that look to the audience as comedy, and that is the definition of great?. Lucille Ball was that clown on the biggest Ring of all.

Jus a theory.
Tonot
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:06 am

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby mortissimus » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:41 am

Ditto wrote:Well, yeah, of course. So Charlie knows where Parson is, whatever. But then a (fellow) Carny shows up holding a scroll from Charlie. Dots connected. That's significant rather than not.


Checking the archives, Parson communicates his plan (p48) to Wanda as "lets do lunch" via thinkomancy. Wanda and Jack apparently knows this as a possible plan (as Maggie does per page 42, while Sizemore doesn't) because even though Parson does a follow-up in page 52 that includes securing the portal room he does not tell Maggie to tell them he will be coming there. Marie predicts Parson coming to MK in text 37. Maggie tells Isaac by encrypted G-string in text 40. JoJo can be seen getting into position in page 57 while Sizemore digs the tunnel and Marie and Janis arrives. Finally, Maggie gets communication form Isaac that the thinkomancers are getting there in 58.

So as I see it, Charlie and then JoJo could have found out by way of:
A) Unsecure, off-screen thinkomancy
B) Decrypting G-string communication
C) A predictomancer
D) Spy among the thinkomancers

I would rate them:
A) Unlikely, not in Balder's style
B) Unllikely, Charlie is already way powerful, giving him that power too seems pointless
C) Possible, Charlie has been mentioned as an excellent employer for MK casters
D) Probable, because the idea has now been introduced, also we have been given more information on the Great Minds then on a possible hired predictomancer

So, I would say JoJo's appearance does support the spy theory. Unless I missed some part of the communication.
mortissimus
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:04 am

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby ManaCaster » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:36 am

mortissimus wrote:Checking the archives, Parson communicates his plan (p48) to Wanda as "lets do lunch" via thinkomancy. Wanda and Jack apparently knows this as a possible plan (as Maggie does per page 42, while Sizemore doesn't) because even though Parson does a follow-up in page 52 that includes securing the portal room he does not tell Maggie to tell them he will be coming there. Marie predicts Parson coming to MK in text 37. Maggie tells Isaac by encrypted G-string in text 40. JoJo can be seen getting into position in page 57 while Sizemore digs the tunnel and Marie and Janis arrives. Finally, Maggie gets communication form Isaac that the thinkomancers are getting there in 58.

So as I see it, Charlie and then JoJo could have found out by way of:
A) Unsecure, off-screen thinkomancy
B) Decrypting G-string communication
C) A predictomancer
D) Spy among the thinkomancers

I would rate them:
A) Unlikely, not in Balder's style
B) Unllikely, Charlie is already way powerful, giving him that power too seems pointless
C) Possible, Charlie has been mentioned as an excellent employer for MK casters
D) Probable, because the idea has now been introduced, also we have been given more information on the Great Minds then on a possible hired predictomancer

So, I would say JoJo's appearance does support the spy theory. Unless I missed some part of the communication.

If Parson didn't tell Wanda that he was coming by portal, then why did she secure the portal room and wait for him?
ManaCaster
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:06 am

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby Mindless Automaton » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:12 am

I see Quinn the Eskimo is already there, how come they are not jumping for joy?
Mindless Automaton
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:02 am

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby mortissimus » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:07 am

ManaCaster wrote:If Parson didn't tell Wanda that he was coming by portal, then why did she secure the portal room and wait for him?


Presumably because Jack and Parson had gamed the scenario beforehand and named it "lets do lunch".
mortissimus
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:04 am

Re: Epilogue 14 - Parson and the Great Minds 1

Postby 0beron » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:19 am

mortissimus wrote:Presumably because Jack and Parson had gamed the scenario beforehand and named it "lets do lunch".
I doubt that, because Parson seemed to be treating it like a new idea he had in response to Kingworld. Kingworld is the only situation in which "let's do lunch" would be necessary for a city fight, and nobody saw Kingworld coming, so I doubt Parson would have even considered the situation.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Spicymancer and 8 guests