Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 075

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 075

Postby balder » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:14 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 075

Postby Radagast » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:22 pm

Nice, really didn't see the bud coming... I wonder how they finally kick that habit?
Radagast

Postby Acorntail » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:24 pm

So... Signamancers are lawyers? Didn't see that coming.
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail

Postby 0beron » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:29 pm

Huh so the earlier speculation about Contracts and Signamancy was correct after all! Although it looks like both were right...they're Think and Sign combined.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Also interesting to see confirmation that units need permission to spin off a side, so that's one more thing we know about it. Still unclear as to whether that unit has to be an Heir or if any Commander could be given permission.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby ftl » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:39 pm

The Deal of a Lifetime gives even more of a reason for Charlie to mess with the Dwagon spawn rates when Stanley came to raze FAQ - he's not aiding any side, he's just aiding wild animals! Well, maybe. It could be a loophole he left in his contract, that he could do that. dunno.

Also, he fights dirty. Heroin buds - that's hitting below the belt. Bam.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lipkin » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Contracts are Signamancy. Nailed it.
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby No one in particular » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:49 pm

Hm. "Sign on the dotted line" if you will.

Also, I think this will be what finally gets Jillian to kick her Bud dependancy (or at least seriously try to).

Loyalty, Duty, self-preservation, Love... these are all powerful motivators, but one must NEVER underestimate the power of Spite. Jillian'll go cold turkey just to spit in the face of Charlie's offer.
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby 0beron » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:51 pm

Lipkin wrote:Contracts are Signamancy. Nailed it.
Eh....I wouldn't be so hasty. Labler linked with Charlie to do it, so it may in fact be both Sign and Think, and maybe even Carny too like someone suggested. Perhaps that's just because of the magnitude of the contract, but still it bears considering that multiple mancies cover it in certain ways.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lipkin » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:05 pm

0beron wrote:
Lipkin wrote:Contracts are Signamancy. Nailed it.
Eh....I wouldn't be so hasty. Labler linked with Charlie to do it, so it may in fact be both Sign and Think, and maybe even Carny too like someone suggested. Perhaps that's just because of the magnitude of the contract, but still it bears considering that multiple mancies cover it in certain ways.

Don't take this from me. :cry:

I'm gonna guess it's magnitude. Seems like all Think adds to link ups is usually adding deeper understanding of the other discipline, and thus increasing the power of the spell. So unless Carnymancy was involved (which is possible, but a NDA doesn't seem like it's bending the rules of Erf to me), I'm gonna guess it's just very powerful Signamancy.

Besides, Parson is a rules lawyer. Finding loopholes is his entire deal. This makes that pet theory more fun.
Lipkin

Postby 0beron » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Lipkin wrote:So unless Carnymancy was involved (which is possible, but a NDA doesn't seem like it's bending the rules of Erf to me), I'm gonna guess it's just very powerful Signamancy.
The argument offered earlier for Carny dealing with contracts is the fact that their discipline seems to deal with rules in general. I can see some merit to that.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby BakaGrappler » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:31 pm

OH CHARLIE! YOU BOOPHOLE!

And I just wanna say real quick, Rob, the updated Epilogue 8... whoa. I wouldn't want to see the inside of Parson's head the moment Wanda told him she could see through Archon's Eyes. (I wonder if they'll eventually get an Archon named Diamond...) It was just, complete confirmation of all of Parson's supposedly unfounded fears from the Home Coming chapters after book 1. I imagine the inside of Parson's head being something close to an echoing scream.

And it also explains the perspective of drawing the moment when Ossomer turned back to Jetstone. I had always thought that was a little different from all the other panels ever done, so now I know it was because Wanda saw the event through her Archon's eyes. Fascinating.

And was I the only one unnerved when Wanda said "You must get me some more"? It's almost like they are toys. Fucking Erfworld sensibilities.

And I would really like to ask the question of Wanda... were you eavesdropping on any of the strategy conversations I had with the Archons while I was garrisoned at the Capitol?
Hey, have you read Shadows of the Evergreen? It's my ErfFic. People say it's pretty good over here, and who am I to argue? Check it out, and then tell me what you think of my hack writing.
Last Updated: 6/16/14
BakaGrappler

Postby bldysabba » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:59 pm

If Charlie knows everything about Faq, and Jillian knows Charlie knows everything about Faq, then why does Jillian say this in Summer update 41?
"Fine," she said, with an edge to her voice. "Good. How do you know about Faq at all, Charlie?"
bldysabba

Postby ftl » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:06 pm

With this new revelation that charlie knows all about old FAQ, I guess we have to assume that what Jillian meant was "How do you know about NEW Faq?" since technically, she hadn't told anybody that she had refounded FAQ.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby BakaGrappler » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:07 pm

bldysabba wrote:If Charlie knows everything about Faq, and Jillian knows Charlie knows everything about Faq, then why does Jillian say this in Summer update 41?
"Fine," she said, with an edge to her voice. "Good. How do you know about Faq at all, Charlie?"

The reborn FAQ.

It was just made, not even a month old, secluded and not having encountered any side and a national secret of Transylvito.

There is no conventional way for Charlie to know it exists. Except for tapping Bunny's line.
Hey, have you read Shadows of the Evergreen? It's my ErfFic. People say it's pretty good over here, and who am I to argue? Check it out, and then tell me what you think of my hack writing.
Last Updated: 6/16/14
BakaGrappler

Postby Joe Falco » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:19 pm

Prediction: And this is where Jillian makes the decision to accept the deal provided that Charlie and Brother Labeler link up to restore Wanda's signmancy to what Jillian saw her as during her heroine-induced haze.
Joe Falco

Postby Ditto » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:25 pm

The proper spelling of Banhammer's first line is HERALD, not harald.
SteveMB wrote:The question is getting Wanda to honor the offer. They could keep going back and forth: offer, honor, offer, honor....
Sorry*.
*no I'm not
Ditto

Postby SteveMB » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:37 pm

ftl wrote:The Deal of a Lifetime gives even more of a reason for Charlie to mess with the Dwagon spawn rates when Stanley came to raze FAQ - he's not aiding any side, he's just aiding wild animals! Well, maybe. It could be a loophole he left in his contract, that he could do that. dunno.

He could also claim that it was an attempt to stop Stanley by throwing dwagons at him faster than he could tame them -- maybe the Arkenhammer only works on one at a time, or Charlie thought it only works on one at a time, or maybe Charlie could doublthink himself into acting as if he thought it only works on one at a time. A lame excuse, but perhaps good enough to use as a loophole.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Radagast » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:39 pm

0beron wrote:Huh so the earlier speculation about Contracts and Signamancy was correct after all! Although it looks like both were right...they're Think and Sign combined.

Doesn't have to be, don't forget that a linkup (which HAS to be with a Thinkamancer) allows a caster to cast more potent spells than otherwise they could have alone. I believe it was Sizemore and Maggie who told Parson that.
Radagast

Postby Mikalyaran » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:44 pm

0beron wrote:
Lipkin wrote:So unless Carnymancy was involved (which is possible, but a NDA doesn't seem like it's bending the rules of Erf to me), I'm gonna guess it's just very powerful Signamancy.
The argument offered earlier for Carny dealing with contracts is the fact that their discipline seems to deal with rules in general. I can see some merit to that.

Yup. Even if it is just to mare sure the loopholes are closed.

Joe Falco wrote:Prediction: And this is where Jillian makes the decision to accept the deal provided that Charlie and Brother Labeler link up to restore Wanda's signmancy to what Jillian saw her as during her heroine-induced haze.

I like it.
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions