Commanders

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Commander

Postby LTDave » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:53 am

"Ah! Picquant!"

Metter Nick loves to eat, and enjoys the meal enormously. The boar are superb! Delicately roasted, and with such herbs! Among Metter's popped rations are some soft-boiled eggs and a silver tray of condiments. There are some empty places on the tray - perhaps more delights will pop in time?

"I am curious, mon freunde, about the various items in the armoury. I confess, I am taken with the exquisite shoes. I have heard mention of a book that allows thinkamancy? What other delights have been found?"
LTDave

Postby GWvsJohn » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:26 am

Macho seats and joins the feast. He takes large Man sized portions and eats as much as anyone. Despite this he seems somewhat sullen, lost in thought.

I appreciate Father taking the trouble to feast us, but I would rather celebrate after our victory, not before
I know how it works. And I'm not that confident.
GWvsJohn

Postby LTDave » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:32 am

"Tell me, my Prince, that Armour you are wearing - are the symbols stars or suns?"
LTDave

Postby Acorntail » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:48 am

You shuffle into the dining hall. It is similarly designed as the throne room, but seems much more comfortable. The walls are covered in portraits depicting scenes of Manly hunting prey, with a rendition of that prey's head above the paintings. There is a giant table in the centre of the room, but oddly, it is bare. You hear a whistle from the side, and look to the kitchens.

Manly has changed raiment. He still wears the Krown, but has donned an apron with "Kiss the Cook (that's an order)" written across it. All meat based rations have popped raw, and strangely for his position, he has taken to cooking them himself over a grilled brazier. Like the pedestal, it appears to be a magic item; Shockamancy judging by the flames and... something else. Healomancy?

"This is the BBQ, a novelty of the Magic Kingdom. We captured it from Lore during one of my earliest missions. Beyond the mere cooking of meat, it infuses the meat with healomancy. I used to dry meat into strips and give them to my knights; kept them from dying right away."

He looks over the rations that have popped for his warlords. Eggs, salads, vegetables. And an enormous pile of steak. Was that his or Macho's? Doesn't matter, there was plenty for the entire court. Using a pair of tongs, he starts to cook the meat, simultaneously managing a War Bore roasting on a spit over a non-magical flame. You take the opportunity to observe the enemy unit. Despite the damage it has taken from croaking and sitting in a larder, it appears vicious. And big. It has to be a C-class special at least. The whole beast was as tall as Manly, who despite its size, effortlessly turned it on its spit.

"Ever since I was just a prince, cooking has been a passion of mine. I do not accuse the Titan's of being poor chefs, but popped rations don't hold the same beauty as a meal you have to work for. Being Emperor now will not refuse me that pleasure."

LTDave wrote:"Ah! Picquant!"

Metter Nick loves to eat, and enjoys the meal enormously. The boar are superb! Delicately roasted, and with such herbs! Among Metter's popped rations are some soft-boiled eggs and a silver tray of condiments. There are some empty places on the tray - perhaps more delights will pop in time?

"I am curious, mon freunde, about the various items in the armoury. I confess, I am taken with the exquisite shoes. I have heard mention of a book that allows thinkamancy? What other delights have been found?"

Manly cuts into a steak. His warlord roots are obvious, as his rough eating methods would suggest. He gestures with a piece of meat.
"Ah the Wing-tipped Boots? Those belonged to my sister, Amanda. Whenever a commander popped, my father would send his casters to buy them a magic item; his way of acknowledging our existence, I suppose. She got those boots; used to fly around court all day."

His steak finished, he reaches for another.

"Most of our magic items aren't those you'd see in the armoury. King Sapien was generous, but he was always a touch frugal. To his warlords, he gave proper items, and to his casters, toys."

GWvsJohn wrote:Macho seats and joins the feast. He takes large Man sized portions and eats as much as anyone. Despite this he seems somewhat sullen, lost in thought.

I appreciate Father taking the trouble to feast us, but I would rather celebrate after our victory, not before

"What's the matter, Prince?" Manly asks, "Eaten too much?" He laughs.
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail

Postby 0beron » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:00 am

I enter the kitchen with the others, awaiting whatever food would be selected for me. Once we were all served, I sit down delicately, following Rax's lead and taking a chair beside him. "An interesting custom, with the added benefit of motivating the Warlords to learn a little bit about magic in some small way, a very clever idea." I nod. "Would it be correct to say you share this curiosity about magic as well sire?" I suggest
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Acorntail » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:10 am

0beron wrote:I enter the kitchen with the others, awaiting whatever food would be selected for me. Once we were all served, I sit down delicately, following Rax's lead and taking a chair beside him. "An interesting custom, with the added benefit of motivating the Warlords to learn a little bit about magic in some small way, a very clever idea." I nod. "Would it be correct to say you share this curiosity about magic as well sire?" I suggest

Manly sighs. "Ah, when I was young, Thinkamancer, when I was young. I used to wish I had popped as a caster; being a warlord felt... unimpressive. I asked Hon. Derbert if Carnymancy had any purview over this, and he laughed. I've since grown up. Warlords are the backbone of a side, Casters the fancy dressing on top. I care less about what you do than who you are. If you can laugh at a joke, enjoy a good steak or a good fight, you're alright in my book. Magic is an impressive tool, but it's lost its... well, magic."

He glances at Cicatrix's hand, at the ring.

"That ring? That's what I got when I popped. Oh, the trouble I used to get up to with that thing. Got captured once, hate to admit; but I was freed and took the BBQ soon afterwards, so it wasn't a total loss, eh?" He chuckles heartily.
Acorntail

Postby 0beron » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:18 am

Acorntail wrote:"That ring? That's what I got when I popped. Oh, the trouble I used to get up to with that thing. Got captured once, hate to admit; but I was freed and took the BBQ soon afterwards, so it wasn't a total loss, eh?" He chuckles heartily.
"You might even say your bacon was saved eh?" I joke, chuckling to conceal how our Ruler's description of casters' place on a side stung me inside.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:27 am

Macho looks up when addressed by Manly.

"Eaten too much? Doubtful. I don't think a true son of Man could ever get his fill.

No, I just look forward to the turn when we can feast my, I mean our, victories."
GWvsJohn

Postby Acorntail » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:52 am

GWvsJohn wrote:Macho looks up when addressed by Manly.

"Eaten too much? Doubtful. I don't think a true son of Man could ever get his fill.

No, I just look forward to the turn when we can feast my, I mean our, victories."

"All in due time, Macho." Manly grins. "But we do not always have our victories, so it is wise to feast our occasion. If victory follows, then the feast was for victory. If defeat, then the next feast will be to console us. Should we croak, well, we croak with a full stomach. I look forward to the feast when you return."
Acorntail

Postby understandslittle » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Tank begins to eat quickly, but when he gets a taste of the steak slows down. In order to eat he appears to have raised a flap at the front of his helm, revealing his mouth. Once he's finished eating he leans back, and shuts the flap, sitting for a few minutes. Then he suddenly scrambles up, before saying "Permission to start my mission sir?" He also sends two more Peekers to the courtyard.
understandslittle

Postby Acorntail » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:49 pm

understandslittle wrote:Tank begins to eat quickly, but when he gets a taste of the steak slows down. In order to eat he appears to have raised a flap at the front of his helm, revealing his mouth. Once he's finished eating he leans back, and shuts the flap, sitting for a few minutes. Then he suddenly scrambles up, before saying "Permission to start my mission sir?" He also sends two more Peekers to the courtyard.

Manly nods. "Granted." Then returns to eating.

understandslittle wrote:He also sends two more Peekers to the courtyard.

Tank exits the dining hall, making his way to the garrison. He looks up. The sun is almost directly above Lore: noon, and the turn was only half over. Two Peekers whirl into his view, and set down in the courtyard. The army has since redeployed itself to the walls and tunnels, so only five units wait in the courtyard. Three Peekers and two Archons. As Tank approaches, the Archons salute. The Peekers grunt in response.

"So, sir." A blonde Archon starts, "Advanced reconnaissance?"
Acorntail

Postby understandslittle » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:31 pm

"Yes. We're headed for Plot, trying to get the lay of the land. Saddle up, we're flying out, and I want the two of you to conserve your move." Whit that, Tank mounts the third Peeker and gives the order to fly.
understandslittle

Postby 0beron » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:34 pm

Having drawn away from the conversation briefly, I brush my eye covertly before digging back in. "Rax and I have begun studying the spellbook and feel there is much for us both to learn from it. With any luck I might even level before we reach Plot." I comment between delicate bites.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby understandslittle » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:33 pm

Tank leads his stack E, E, SE, E, SE, then E 8 hexes.

3 Peekers 17/30 Move
2 Archons 19/19 Move
Tank 5/5 Move
understandslittle

Postby Sir Shadow » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:58 pm

The food is good, but in much larger quantities than I could possibly eat. I poke at my food, eating small bites of this and that. I hoped my future rations would be more to my taste. The conversation was of little interest to me. I found myself musing what it would be like if our side had popped a dollamancer.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby GWvsJohn » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:00 am

Macho watched Sir Tank leave and noticed the less than excited looks on the Casters' faces.

"Father, it appears everyone has taken their fill. With your leave, I believe the army should march."

Turning to the remaining Commanders

"I think the Casters should stay in the center of the column, in the strongest stack of uncroaked possible. One of the Warlords should stay with you. You are too valuable to take any chances. The other Warlord should lead the vanguard. What do you three think? Metter, would you prefer the center or the van?"
GWvsJohn

Postby Acorntail » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:28 am

understandslittle wrote:Tank leads his stack E, E, SE, E, SE, then E 8 hexes.

3 Peekers 17/30 Move
2 Archons 19/19 Move
Tank 5/5 Move

GWvsJohn wrote:Macho watched Sir Tank leave and noticed the less than excited looks on the Casters' faces.

"Father, it appears everyone has taken their fill. With your leave, I believe the army should march."

Manly pauses for a moment, then nods his head in acknowledgement. Knowitall's fate rested in their hands, he supposed.
Acorntail

Postby understandslittle » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:38 am

Tank follows the coastline NW
understandslittle

Postby Acorntail » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:00 am

understandslittle wrote:Tank follows the coastline NW

((Over the water hex?))
Acorntail

Postby understandslittle » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:15 am

(Isn't west left?)
understandslittle

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games