Desolation of the Titans (CLOSED)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Desolation of the Titans (CLOSED)

Postby GWvsJohn » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:43 am

I think it's 30. There were 24 group B Dwagons that ostensibly survived the failed pincer attack. Plus Stanley's plated Red, which we can assume Parson didnt use for the attack. Plus Stanley, Jack and 3 Knights makes 30.
I know how it works. And I'm not that confident.
GWvsJohn

Postby 0beron » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:47 am

Jillian then counts 30+ Dwagons at the pass, so there must have been some A's who survived and were taken.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:18 am

I kinda like the unit type determines max stack size idea thy someone said earlier (too lazy to check)

Maybe a function of hits. So low hit units like uncroaked and bats can form big swarms, but Dwagons are more limited.

There also needs to be some, as yet unstated, reason why two stacks of 8 are superior to one stack of 16. Parson explicitly states units often fight in stacks of 8, but if bigger stacks still get the max stack bonus AND they get ablative wounds, larger stacks would make sense.
GWvsJohn

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:17 pm

As a general principle, a stack of 16 is better, but it depends on the tactical scenario. If you need them to split up so as to engage two close, but seperate targets. Maybe one of the stacks is of archers, so keep them back while the stabbers go forward and keep the enemy occupied. Unless you have a VIP that needs protecting, in which case yeah put all 16 units together to offer more screening.

It's all relative.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:34 pm

OOOOOO! Totally by accident, I came across a time reference. Sizemore actually says he's 100 turns old! (I assume this is approximate). I'm gonna have to crunch some numbers and check for other references, but we might FINALLY have a reliable metric to judge how long casters take to level from spellcasting alone.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:49 pm

Not quite. That's 100 turns since the volcano link-up. 100 turns since then, and he's still questioning the fundamentals of his craft. Remember that a turn is a day, 100 days is only 3-4 months, which sounds like the amount of time it would take for GK to rebuild their force of dwagons, infantry and other misc units like twolls.
With the dawning of each new day, my evil machinations inch me closer to world domination. And also breakfast.
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:53 pm

I considered that, but the summer updates only span 55 turns, so he can't mean that. I'm thinking that the sentence is just poorly worded and it meant he was about 100 turns old at the time the link happened. That, or Rob really made a bit of a continuity boop.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:05 pm

I feel like he must be older than that. Sizemore popped under Slately. Long enough to admire the ruler to then be killed and replaced by Stanley, who then needed to spend enough time to gather up a force to attack and beat FAQ, claim lots more cities to be known as Stanley the Snake, or whatever it actually is, then more time to lose those cities again until eventually Parson appears. Nah, he's gotta have a couple hundred at least.
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:07 pm

Yeah that's a very good point (You mean Saline IV though haha). Well drat -_-
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:33 pm

Yup, that's the name. Stupid rulers all beginning with S. Thank god for Charlie, Don and Jillian.
Lord of Monies

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:46 pm

The wiki conjectures that Max stack is at least 30 with good evidence that it is higher due to the dragon stack with Stanley.

Also, Stanley attacked FAQ while under Saline. He said his ruler let him do anything he wanted, basically.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby Lord of Monies » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:10 pm

Oh yeah, forgot that detail. Still don't think it stops Sizemore from being at least 200-300 turns old.
Lord of Monies

Postby GWvsJohn » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:41 am

I think that line is an error. It implies that it's been 100 turns since either the volcano trap or when Sizemore was popped and neither of those are true from what we know.
GWvsJohn

Postby 0beron » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:43 pm

Would any of you be interested in conducting turns via email instead of PM on here?
Also, fair warning....we may have a wait ahead of us since Boyce is now a turn and a half behind you, and hasn't logged on for a while....
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:56 pm

I'm fine with email turns if that's easier for you. I will say that checking for the little 1 at the top of the screen is exciting though :)

Do we have a "plan" for Boyce? He hasn't logged in a week and the last time posted in this thread was like a month ago.
GWvsJohn

Postby Sir Shadow » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:01 pm

I don't mind emails if it's easier on you. You already have mine.

Well... if he gets too far behind, you could put him on autopilot couldn't you? I mean, he must have a plan or you could predict his next moves.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Postby Lord of Monies » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:26 pm

Somehow I don't think it's gonna be that easy. I imagine any DM has a bit of trouble trying to predict how exactly any given player will act, especially if there's a chance of another side being in the area. Though I suppose if you guys are ahead of him and not met him then that's probably not an issue, but I'd have thought the principle still stands. Especially when it reduces the active players down to 2.
Lord of Monies

Postby 0beron » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:22 pm

Okay, my method for organizing PMs on here has hit max capacity, so I'll be switching over to email for anyone with no objections.

As for Boyce, I will give it another day or 2 before I activate autopilot. If we still haven't heard from him by the end of the month, I will consider replacing him.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:47 am

Emails have been sent to the currently active players just to verify I have the email you want to use for it :)
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:04 pm

I just have to say, if either of you guys are expanding as fast as I am, I am probably horribly horribly screwed.
Sir Shadow

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games