Dual discipline casters and link ups

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Dual discipline casters and link ups

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:46 pm

drachefly wrote:No, I'm pretty sure that A) Goodminton fell after Haffaton was on the way up, and B) Wanda's overlady sense felt Delphie croak. More sure of B than A.

Well perhaps a unit who turns doesn't feel any different than one who croaks. I'll have to reread both that update and Wanda's trial testimony to check on those.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:58 pm

Okay, a re-read of Wanda's testimony suggests to me that Judy was actually summoned after the fall of Goodminton, because it was stated that Haffaton experienced a long period of growth and was only stopped by Easteros and Westeregg. Haffaton was definitely growing when it took Goodminton. So the timeline allows for it to be Delphi, if Turning and Croaking are indeed indistinguishable to a Ruler's Thinkamancy. The second fact however is probably something we'll never know.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby ManaCaster » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:38 pm

0beron wrote:Okay, a re-read of Wanda's testimony suggests to me that Judy was actually summoned after the fall of Goodminton, because it was stated that Haffaton experienced a long period of growth and was only stopped by Easteros and Westeregg. Haffaton was definitely growing when it took Goodminton. So the timeline allows for it to be Delphi, if Turning and Croaking are indeed indistinguishable to a Ruler's Thinkamancy. The second fact however is probably something we'll never know.

Problem. Olive Branch was Haffaton's Chief Caster before Goodminton fell. And she didn't join Haffaton until some time after Judy Gale was summoned (remember that her turning presumably involved the Arkendish, which Judy Gale helped Charlie acquire). It probably wouldn't have been long before Goodminton fell, given how much smaller Haffaton was at the time, but it was still before.

Besides, Haffaton was specifically mentioned to have a Predictamancer already, Maya Calendar.
ManaCaster

Postby 0beron » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:54 pm

ManaCaster wrote:Problem. Olive Branch was Haffaton's Chief Caster before Goodminton fell. And she didn't join Haffaton until some time after Judy Gale was summoned.
Besides, Haffaton was specifically mentioned to have a Predictamancer already, Maya Calendar.

Excellent catches on both accounts, thanks!
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:29 pm

Only kinda glanced through all the discussion, but I distinctly remember the Lookamancer Hubble was mentioned as being linked in the creation of the scroll. Not sure how that affects all the discussion, and there may be a bit more retconjuring in store for the characters surrounding the scroll.
Taikei no Yuurei
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:37 pm

Correct, Hubble was explicitly stated, and the fact that it was a Link was also explicit, so we know Look and Think were involved. And since pulling off a previously unheard of 4-link would be worth mentioning, we can safely assume it was only a 3-way, which means Findamancy must have been the last one. Predictamancers were only "involved" in the sense that it was their idea because they Predicted it was possible/necessary to do in the first place.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld