Pathfinder?

Your campaigns, your favorite systems, and gaming news.

Pathfinder?

Postby YesNinja » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:18 pm

So, I don't often post on this site. I read the webcomic and such, but I just don't often post on any forums. ANYway, on to the actual problem at hand. In a few weeks, I'm going to be starting a campaign in Pathfinder. Rather, I'll be a player in the campaign that's starting. Well, I decided to be a monk, because face it. Who doesn't wanna punch goblins in the face? Now, I'm an experienced gamer. I'm rather experienced with DnD, and I'm fairly experienced Pathfinder, but... I cannot see a way to make an effective combative monk. We're on a 20 point buy system. What I've decided on so far is thus:

Dwarf, Monk level 1, Monk of the Healing Hand and Monk of the Sacred Mountain.

Str: 18
Dex: 10
Con: 12
Int: 7 (I'd like to boost this)
Wis: 18
Cha: 5 (Yes, laughably low. XD)

He's taking the Vow of Celibacy, Vow of Truth, and Vow of Cleanliness. I'm picturing him as a sort of Adrian Monk (haha, Monk the monk) sort of character, who refuses to shake people's hands, etc. That would explain his low charisma, as he's not pleasant to run into at a party. Anyways, I was hoping you guys had suggestions on both how to flesh out the character, and ways to make him for effective? The campaign doesn't start for a couple weeks, so I've got time.
YesNinja

Return to General Gaming