Erfworld Go Club (EGC)

Your campaigns, your favorite systems, and gaming news.

Erfworld Go Club (EGC)

Postby Telva » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:22 pm

I'm not good at making things sound intriguing, so here is the meat and potatoes folks. In the IRC chat, I've learned that several of my fellow Erflings play, or are interested in playing Go. Majorly, we'll be playing on the KGS server here and anyone who is interested is welcome to play in the league. Register by logging in as a guest then clicking on User>Register. After you do so please leave your name on the server here, and your preferred league, I'll add you to my buddylist and to the lists below. Alternatively you can contact me in the IRC http://treeofworlds.net/irc/erfworld.html about playing in the league and in tournaments.

[EDIT] If there is a scheduling conflict due to difference in timezones, or other problems, there are servers such as http://www.dragongoserver.net/index.php which allow players to play over a longer period of time, without both players having to stay logged in at the same time. Players may choose a fair time limit for themselves if this is the case.

Interested, but don't know how to play? Take an Interactive tutorial! After you do so, the only way to get better is to practice. Igowin is a good way to practice if you have no one to play against. Aside from that, this league is meant as a way for players to find other players to play with, who have a common interest in Erfworld. I know I normally have a hard time playing against people I don't know, because I get embarrassed easily. It's easier for me to play against people I know I can have a conversation with.

Without further ado, here's a list of players in the league!

Beginner League
Amateur League
    Forum:Telva KGS:Telva
Amateur Dan League
    [Be the first!]

Scheduled Events
Tournaments
    Bracket will posted along with the dates. Each player will receive a number as they enter according to when they sign-up. Numbers will then be randomized.
    Default ruleset for all tournaments is Japanese. This is because the Japanese ruleset most closely resembles the World Amateur Go Championship Rules which are sanctified by the International Go Foundation. If all players agree, they may may chose to use a different ruleset.

All players

Double Elimination 9x9 tournament.
Dates: TBA when full.
8 or 16 players (First 8 signed up guaranteed, if another 8 players sign up afterward they too will be entered).
Free, Main Time 1:00, Byo-Yomi Time 3:00, Byo-Yomi Periods 6

Single Elimination 13x13
Dates: TBA when full.
8 or 16 players (First 8 signed up guaranteed, if another 8 players sign up afterward they too will be entered).
Free, Main Time 1:00, Byo-Yomi Time 5:00, Byo-Yomi Periods 10

Future Events
Possible future events, if interest arises.

RenGo 19x19 tournament
4 or 8 teams (2 players per team)
Rengo, Main Time 1:00, Byo-Yomi Time 5:00, Byo-Yomi Periods 10

Single Elimination Team Go
2, 4, or 8 teams (3 players per team)
Free, Main Time 1:00, Byo-Yomi Time 5:00, Byo-Yomi Periods 10
Last edited by Telva on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:54 am, edited 8 times in total.
Telva

Re: Erfworld Go Club (EGC)

Postby benjamingeiger » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:24 pm

Put me in the beginner's league. When I last played, I was about 18k.
benjamingeiger
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby doran » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:51 am

KGS: doran Put me in the beginner's league as well I'm around 18-20k
MarbitChow wrote: Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.
doran
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Renter » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:04 am

I'm 1k IRL, so that translates to 1k-2d in KGS. I don't really like playing online, so I don't ;) .

I don't think there's much point in me playing in the leagues, but I'll be happy to play teaching games with everyone. Put me in if you like ;)
Renter

Postby Renter » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:29 pm

bumpa-ba-bump

So, is the EGC dead? I was thinking I could run some beginners' lectures and games during next week. Say Thursday around 21PM EET. If you want a teaching game just gimme a holler.

If you're interested in the lecture drop me a note over IRC or the forums. I might actually hang around a bit ;)
Renter

Postby Safaquel » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:33 am

With this timeline, you will not attract players.

A single game of Go isn't supposed to take less than 40 minutes. On average, 30 minutes + byoyomi would suffice.

1 minute is beyond blitz. This isn't even Go.
Safaquel

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:53 pm

Don't be such a wuss, play your board games like a pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9wkAMx092k ;)
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Return to General Gaming