ErfGame Open to all

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: ErfGame Open to all

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:12 pm

Yeah, certainly something that might fall under fabrication. No rules for it obviously, but I'm sure something could be worked out. I'll have to figure out what I want for ships in the mean time. I suppose I can't continue my underground theme by having subs :P
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Durmatagno » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:15 pm

Taikei no Yuurei wrote:Yeah, certainly something that might fall under fabrication. No rules for it obviously, but I'm sure something could be worked out. I'll have to figure out what I want for ships in the mean time. I suppose I can't continue my underground theme by having subs :P

Make em Frigates and other metal steam ships, maybe use turnamancers and dollamancers to upgrade them before truly setting them free so they act the part. Metal is a good substitute for fire when there is no fire around to most people. Either that or they're made of a crystal wood or volcanic glass.
Everyone started out a little insane
But we learn pretty quick how to fake it for the game
But some of you never learned to drop the act
So under that skin of yours: a heart attack
Durmatagno

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:39 pm

Yeah, I had considered metal, which works. It is perhaps a bit overused, but sometimes that can be very acceptable in Erfworld, though being a twist is more entertaining. I had considered obsidian ships (infeasible as that sounds), but I like the idea of volcanic glass. I think I'd get bonus points for giving them high attack, low defense, and the ranged special to make them 'glass cannons'.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Durmatagno » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:42 pm

Taikei no Yuurei wrote:Yeah, I had considered metal, which works. It is perhaps a bit overused, but sometimes that can be very acceptable in Erfworld, though being a twist is more entertaining. I had considered obsidian ships (infeasible as that sounds), but I like the idea of volcanic glass. I think I'd get bonus points for giving them high attack, low defense, and the ranged special to make them 'glass cannons'.

Hehehe

My ships are more designed to chase down units, thus their names of bugs usually thought to be fast. If at all possible, I'd like to make Avatar Style Fire Nation tanks with a combination of dollamancy, turnamancy (which we know from either the summer updates or book 0, probably book 0, never read it, deals with a lot of machines that deal with movement, like the paddle boat) and maybe shockamancy.
Durmatagno

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:14 pm

Book 0.

I have to admit that I have been wondering lately if fire and such falls under shockamancy or something else. On the one hand, shockamancy seems to be the 'combat' school of magic above all others from what we've heard so far, but on the other hand, shockamancy sounds much more like it will be lightning based than fire. The FAQ shockamancer used lightning. The 'flash' spell was 'shocking'. The three archons that killed the dwagons used: a laser blast, a disintergration ray, and some energy whip cutting thing.

Only fire based thing I can think we've seen so far has been the red dwagons (and uncroaking the volcano). Well, and Sizemore used some fire traps I suppose. It was one of the things that took me a while when I was figuring out what mancies I wanted my D types to have. Dirtamancy was obvious with the tunnels, but the other was harder, and came up with changemancy to go with turning rock into lava and the like.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Durmatagno » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Taikei no Yuurei wrote:Book 0.

I have to admit that I have been wondering lately if fire and such falls under shockamancy or something else. On the one hand, shockamancy seems to be the 'combat' school of magic above all others from what we've heard so far, but on the other hand, shockamancy sounds much more like it will be lightning based than fire. The FAQ shockamancer used lightning. The 'flash' spell was 'shocking'. The three archons that killed the dwagons used: a laser blast, a disintergration ray, and some energy whip cutting thing.

Only fire based thing I can think we've seen so far has been the red dwagons (and uncroaking the volcano). Well, and Sizemore used some fire traps I suppose. It was one of the things that took me a while when I was figuring out what mancies I wanted my D types to have. Dirtamancy was obvious with the tunnels, but the other was harder, and came up with changemancy to go with turning rock into lava and the like.

I think shockamancy might cover fire, just most avoid using it because of the dagner of infernos. Several mancies might cover it.
Durmatagno

Postby Godzfirefly » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:58 pm

Durmatagno wrote:
Taikei no Yuurei wrote:Yeah, certainly something that might fall under fabrication. No rules for it obviously, but I'm sure something could be worked out. I'll have to figure out what I want for ships in the mean time. I suppose I can't continue my underground theme by having subs :P

Make em Frigates and other metal steam ships, maybe use turnamancers and dollamancers to upgrade them before truly setting them free so they act the part. Metal is a good substitute for fire when there is no fire around to most people. Either that or they're made of a crystal wood or volcanic glass.

Stone Tanks. That drive on the bottoms of the Water. Makes total sense.

I kinda wish Ships weren't Items...Then, I could have my Ships be Giant Turtles.
Godzfirefly

Postby Grand Diplomat » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:59 pm

Wow... Where do I even begin?
First, I'll start with correcting a slight error. The Tactical special doesn't give increased juice due to a recent update.
Second, Yea I figure you can fabricate nice things for ships. Ships will cost a fair amount more than ordinary units but has there are only a couple sides that can produce ships I don't feel like setting exact costs on it.
Third, the whole siege thing... If you have an idea on how to change your naval units into ground based vehicles go ahead and tell me. I have no problem working with you on this.
Grand Diplomat
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Durmatagno » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:02 am

Jack is pale and thin, taller even than his already taller than normal units, almost twoll in height. He appears interchangeably with a jack-o-lantern on his head, and a face pain reminiscent of a skull. His clothes are tattered, and dusty, though around his neck is the only thing he seems to keep clean. A small silver pendant with a sapphire set in the center. When ready for combat, he wields a scythe of bone with feather hanging of the base along with small skulls. His armor is made of bone, and even his pumpkin gets bone reinforcement through it. Unlike most things, Hollywean units can bleed when they so desire, and when in combat, scars on Jack’s hands leak blood through his white gloves, and his face, whether pumpkin or human, bears signs of a fight, with stab wounds and cuts through it, making it appear more sinister and frightening.

Hollyweans buildings, what few the small city has, are twisted, as if a building that once stood their was molded like clay. Buildings twisted, they’re shapes twisting and shaking in the air, giving it an appearance of being in a funhouse mirror. The buildings seemed dirty, with black stains on their walls, and cobwebs in their corners. Some were cleaner than others, and the cobblestone streets were the only thing in the city that seemed to be clean. Pumpkins grew wild in front of buildings and in alleys. The palace, or the bare bones of one anyway, appeared to made of jet, polished to a shine. Green vines, healthier than any of the others in the city, snaked up the walls, wrapping around the small balcony at the top. On the balcony sat two chairs, one had a sinister pumpkin, a physical show of the sides Livery, on it and was made of the same jet as the palace. Next to it sat a chair made of bones. On top of it sat a small humanoid skull with black feathers surrounding it, in its teeth a playing card.The balcony had a view of the entire city as it was, and connected directly to a planning room. The lights were jackolanterns hanging from the ceiling, and large candles on the wall. The streets weren’t neat and orderly. They curved and snaked through the city like a vine, some shrinking and ending in a cul de sac, others doubling back on themselves. The streets themselves were lit by lanterns, some had vines growing on them, others were bent and twisted, and others still had bones hanging from them. Signs gave the small number of streets names. Most were named after various plants that ran east-west, namely autumn harvest plants, and north-south were named after predators.

Capital and Leader now officially have descriptions. To expand as they level/change.

Question, do the +2 to stats apply to golems, casters, rulers, and heirs?
Durmatagno

Postby Grand Diplomat » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:24 am

Yea the +2 applies to casters, Rulers, Warlords, Heirs and to Golems. In fact the side bonus (when applicable) does apply to golems.
Grand Diplomat
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby thlawrence » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:37 am

Grand Diplomat wrote:Yea the +2 applies to casters, Rulers, Warlords, Heirs and to Golems. In fact the side bonus (when applicable) does apply to golems.

Wait, does that mean all of Abysia's naval units have Tunnel Capable? Could they then move into tunnels on land, though nowhere else?
thlawrence

Postby Durmatagno » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:40 am

thlawrence wrote:
Grand Diplomat wrote:Yea the +2 applies to casters, Rulers, Warlords, Heirs and to Golems. In fact the side bonus (when applicable) does apply to golems.

Wait, does that mean all of Abysia's naval units have Tunnel Capable? Could they then move into tunnels on land, though nowhere else?

Underground rivers :P

Got my first doll template done

Marionette 5/4/1/6 Frightening (3)

http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/d ... pydoll.jpg

If you can't tell yet, leadership bonuses aren't as good against my stacks most of the time :P
Last edited by Durmatagno on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Durmatagno

Postby Godzfirefly » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:42 am

thlawrence wrote:Wait, does that mean all of Abysia's naval units have Tunnel Capable? Could they then move into tunnels on land, though nowhere else?

Nothing in Terrain Capable gives our units the ability to enter that terrain type...it just ignores penalties in it. So, my guess is no...no more than my Naval units can go into Hills just because they are Hill Capable.
Godzfirefly

Postby Grand Diplomat » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:49 am

You are correct Godzfirefly, the Terrain capable side special doesn't give units the ability for Naval units to go on the land.
Grand Diplomat
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Durmatagno » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:12 pm

Hey, what's the rule for unit training? In the comic it mentions training is a slow way to gain progress towards the next level outside of combat, though it is much slower than fighting is.
Durmatagno

Postby Godzfirefly » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:16 pm

Special Actions: You can do a thing called training but you have to stay in one hex the whole turn and you’ll gain 1 Exp. Point if you roll the chosen # (‘s) for that turn. Each turn you train you get 1 #. For example if a ruler trained for five turns straight he would have five #s. But there cannot be a turn where he moves out of the hex otherwise the training has to start over
Godzfirefly

Postby Durmatagno » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:17 pm

Godzfirefly wrote:
Special Actions: You can do a thing called training but you have to stay in one hex the whole turn and you’ll gain 1 Exp. Point if you roll the chosen # (‘s) for that turn. Each turn you train you get 1 #. For example if a ruler trained for five turns straight he would have five #s. But there cannot be a turn where he moves out of the hex otherwise the training has to start over

Thank you, missed that in my first looksee. Helpful.
Durmatagno

Postby Grand Diplomat » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:17 pm

Yea, You tell me your training and what units are training and I'll tell you the results. Please ignore the special actions version of training, that ruling is out of date.
Grand Diplomat
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Durmatagno » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Grand Diplomat wrote:Yea, You tell me your training and what units are training and I'll tell you the results. Please ignore the special actions version of training, that ruling is out of date.

Alright, getting a rough sketch of my first few turns down so its easier to get them in to you, thought I'd ask about training before I got to far.
Durmatagno

Postby Durmatagno » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:11 pm

I'm now wondering what wild/feral units might be in my area.

Edit/Reason for repost.

The trees rustled in the wind, a few leaves fluttering to the ground, breaking free of the branch which once held them. The sun was low, it was barely dawn. Little moved in the forest aside from the trees. Faint chirps of early birds echoed through the silence. Crickets chirped, worms worked, bees and wasps flitted about, it was peaceful. At least, for now. The ground was damp from a fresh rain, the leaves glistened with dew in the young light of the new day. At the base of a tall oak tree a figure was sprawled in the mud. His black clothes were tattered and torn even though a new turn had started. He didn’t stir, but he was alive. A curious bird, a small thing with red feathers and a golden crest, flitted down and twisted its head curiously at the figure.

Something wasn’t right. No units ever ventured in these woods, there was nothing around here. Yet here was a unit. The wildlife around here weren’t used to units, most were staying away, others roamed close to see who this man was. A pumpkin sat discarded to the side, a small squirrel, nibbled at it, as soon as its teeth touched it, a hand shot out and grabbed the thing. The squirrel squeaked in surprise, and the bird flew back up out of reach. The man kept a tight grasp on the struggling creature and examined it, after a moment he he sat it down and grabbed the pumpkin, a faint glow came from within as soon as his hand touched it. He watched the bird in the tree above him, then bent down to where the squirrel had pressed itself to the tree. He reached out his hand slowly and let it approach, and then grabbed it, snapping its neck. He settled down and cooked the squirrel. He ate it slowly, and then wiped his mouth before cleaning up the very basic fire pit he had made, and turned his attention back to the strange pumpkin.

Something was wrapped around the stem, a silver locket with a sapphire set in place. He examined it and then put it on, though he did not know why, something told him he should. The man picked up the pumpkin and traced the cuts in it, a small hole at the bottom widened as he trace a cut near it. Curious, he put his hand inside and felt...nothing, not even the edge of the thing, nor could he see his hand through the holes in the thing. He could, however, still feel the light breeze run over his hand. After a moment he slipped his head inside and everything went black, then came back into focus. He could feel the pumpkin as if it was his own skin, and he saw just fine. The pumpkins face twisted into a sinister grin as he twisted, having heard a noise. His eyes widened at what he saw, and there he knew what he had to do, what he was popped to do.
Last edited by Durmatagno on Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Durmatagno

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games