Empires X - Erflia - COMPLETED - OOC discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Empires X - Erflia - Playing

Postby Silversought » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:24 pm

[Book]A grand ball is a wondrous idea! Voyera's representative will be the lovely Anchor Luscia, who can answer all questions about our sovereign side and the wisdom that guides us! For survival to hold too great a sway over our minds is a worry that entertainment can well dispel![/Book]

OOC: By the way, GJC, your post assigns Whedawall's ruler to Underempire! (Underempire is ruled by Secret Victoria ^^)
Silversought

Postby Deo » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:31 pm

[Book]

Underempire? Who in the titan testes is Underempire? I am of Whedawall, Sir.
We have not taken anything, nor have we ever dealt, or even encountered, your side before.

Slightly Offended,
Charl E. Main Of Whendawall.

[/Book]
Deo
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby GJC » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:53 pm

OOC: Oh my dear lord, that's incredibly silly of me.

[book]
My Overlords and Overladies,

I seem to have confused the undoubtedly impeccable Overlord of Whedawall with the thieving Overlady of Wonderland's neighbor, Underempire. Our message was, in fact, intended for her side.
I offer my most sincere apologies to Whedawall and its ruler Charl E. Main, and hope that they might excuse this oversight.
We assure Whedawall that, as far as far as Wonderland is concerned, there is no strife between us.

Regards
Janis Tassadar
[/book]

Janis closed the book, her usually pale cheeks blushing bright red. She'd never been the diplomat her father had been, but this was a remarkable misstep by any standards. She was only grateful that Charl E. Main was more confused than upset. It didn't seem like any damage had been done; beyond the hit to her ego, at least. Janis sighed, massaging the bridge of her nose. This was why she needed courtiers.
GJC

Postby CroverusRaven » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:57 am

[book]
The Moppits look forward to all arriving dignitaries, we look forward to entertaining you all in our grand Throne room.

[/book]
CroverusRaven

Postby LTDave » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:10 am

All players have completed turn 6.

Turn 7 is starting for Deo, HerbieRai, and Brimstone.
LTDave

Postby HerbieRai » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:10 am

[Book]
To those attending the Moppit Ball,

We will warn you that Wonderland is full of treacherous snakes. Even now they are sending units deep into our territory to provoke an attack from us. They will undoubtedly tell stories of us betraying them, these are lies. They are the ones who tried to manipulate us into subservience and then tried to get us to attack our friendly neighbors Savage.

And to Jannis, the units we speak of are on the opposite side of our city from yours. While we never stated actual boarders, they are obviously not in a no mans land. Do not trespass again without some kind of truce or alliance.

~Queen Victoria
[/Book]
HerbieRai

Postby GJC » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:23 am

[book]
Victoria

Your attempts at rewriting history are laughable. You took our city from us, and you publicly admitted as much. That is all that must be said.

As for provocations, we gave no orders for any incursions. "Opposite side of our city from yours" tells us very little. Where are these alleged units?

Janis Tassadar
[/book]
GJC

Postby HerbieRai » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:32 am

[book]

The unit is one south, one south east of Unmentionable. As your city(ies) is north of us, this lies opposite.

[/book]
HerbieRai

Postby GJC » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:15 pm

[book]
Victoria

We gave no orders to send units anywhere near either of those hexes. Last turn we had only a single unit in movement range of the hexes in question. We advise that you double-check your information.
For all the strife between us, needless provocations are not our style.

Janis Tassadar
[/book]

Edit:

[book]
Come to think of it, Victoria, this may be something you want to take up with our captive warlord. Those almost certainly aren't our units, and we don't take kindly to impersonators. Perhaps we might find ourselves on the same side in this matter.

Janis Tassadar
[/book]
GJC

Postby LTDave » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:59 am

Slight delay in processing turn 7 as folks have spotted some minor errors I needed to fix.

Turn 6 was certainly interesting for a couple of players. Hope everyone is having fun.
LTDave

Postby Silversought » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:05 am

I sure hope those errors aren't the units that Victoria and Janis are arguing about! xD
Silversought

Postby HerbieRai » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:01 pm

no, I just didn't read Daves PM to me with the message. The map said there was a unit somewhere there wasn't. My Bad.

[book]

We apologize to Wonderland for accusing them of infiltrating our territory. There was a scouting error

[/book]
HerbieRai

Postby LTDave » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:49 pm

I have started processing turn 7, and I'm making a rules retconjuration:

Workshops no longer exist. Those who had workshops have been compensated slightly.
To build ships, you need a barracks called a 'shipyard'.

To build siege equipment, well, you can't. You can pop siege units in barracks if desired.

I'm also adding a section to let folks promote infantry to Courtiers for 200S.

And a reminder that promoting to Knights gets you a Knight, not the half and half thing originally listed in the rules.

Maybe I'll do an update of the rules and post a link.
LTDave

Postby CroverusRaven » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:09 pm

Any specific ruling for other units being in your cities? Like, am I aware of where all my guests are all the time or do I need to actually have units with them to keep track of them?
CroverusRaven

Postby Deo » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:42 pm

CroverusRaven wrote:Any specific ruling for other units being in your cities? Like, am I aware of where all my guests are all the time or do I need to actually have units with them to keep track of them?

Wondering if you can kill them all quickly, or if they might escape hm?

j/k

We have seen in the comic/text that units in a city would search for others, such as an escaping prisoner or enemy troops. Not sure how the erfworld rules work for city hexes, though I imagine it would be complicated if we imagined units being off the radar in a hex without a stealth ability in this game.
Deo

Postby GWvsJohn » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:48 pm

In the most recent update it's specifically mentioned that Posbrake does NOT know where the Delkey units are in the city.
GWvsJohn

Postby LTDave » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:49 pm

I'm not going to give a blow-by-blow description of what every unit in your hex is doing - that would be exhausting, particularly if you are going to have a party.

I'll try to let you know if units leave, and I will definitely let you know if more units arrive.
LTDave

Postby GWvsJohn » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:10 pm

What do Courtiers do, other than act as an intelligent unit? Does a city with a Courtier produce more Shmuckers?
GWvsJohn

Postby Silversought » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:50 pm

GWvsJohn wrote:What do Courtiers do, other than act as an intelligent unit? Does a city with a Courtier produce more Shmuckers?

Cheap intelligent unit for diplomacy, from what I can see. Not sure about other possibilities.
Silversought

Postby LTDave » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:50 am

As SilverSought says - Courtiers are for Diplomacy and Cheap command units.
There are no bonuses for running cities, etc.

The last 3 players have now started turn 7.
LTDave

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games