Empires X - Erflia - COMPLETED - OOC discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Empires X - Erflia - COMPLETED - OOC discussion

Postby LTDave » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:40 pm

It's been a bit quiet around here recently. And, as is my want, I occasionally launch a new game.

I'm pretty sure that Twibes of Erfworld has come to its sadly dispiriting conclusion.

I'd like to play another game, so I'm calling for interest in this latest version (1.04) of Empires X.

Rules Doc

If you're interested, have a read, and post the required information.

If for some reason you can't read the link above, click the one in the signature and try that.

Thanks!

EDIT: Now in force, version X.1

Rules Document
Last edited by LTDave on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
LTDave

Re: Empires X - Erflia - Interest Gauging

Postby Acorntail » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:44 am

It has? I thought Twibes was going fine, we were just having people on their christmas/new years holidays.

But if you are starting another game, I'm definitely interested. Twibes was/is great fun. (And not just because I was winning. :P)

I'll post here to mark my interest, then immediately start editing my side details in. ;)

Spoiler: show
Side Name: Downtown
Colour: Orange (Technically, grey with orange highlights.)
Description:
Ha! Those foolish invaders and their smug little eyeballs! They think that we dwarfs don't know the way of war! Well we know! WE KNOW! Our hammers broke deep into the earth, and we hid. Well, it wasn't hiding! WE"RE NOT COWARDS! For you see, it was all a plan, a plan the Oldking Coal hatched in his BEARD! We would emerge after the dust settles and claim the desert as our own, smashing all pitiful resistance beneath our GIANT HAMMERS! FOR DOWNTOWN!

Ruler Name: Oldking Coal
Warlord Name: Duke O'York
Number Between 1 and 100: 88
Hiding Location: Mountains

Units:
Pinheads 5/5/3/6 (20 + 0)
Stabber
'Pinheads are known for their reckless behaviour and tendency to head-butt their opponents. Like all Downtown units, they sport magnificent beards with dangling hammer charms. Their classification as stabber class is a technicality - they wear pointed helmets.'

Cheap-Shot 5/5/1/6, ranged (20 + 0)
Archer
'Downtown's hammer obsession takes a strange turn with their Cheap-Shots, heavily armoured plated crossbowmen. Instead of arrows, they fire hammers. Seriously.'

Snub 3/0/0/10, scout (30)
Scout
'Snubs are a strange side effect of Downtown's industry - bricks with a thousand legs with a tendency to hurl themselves at people. Close enough to living hammers to get a pass.'

Special Unit:
Hammer-Heads 11/3/2/12, siege, burrowing, mountain capability, speed Boost - (40)
Beast Class A Special
'Hammer-Heads were bred originally as pets to the courtiers of Downtown, but their potential for warfare was discovered after an incident involving three Hammer-Heads and a ladder. Since, these misshapen beasts have served as Downtown's calvary of choice.'
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail

Postby GWvsJohn » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:58 pm

Very interested.

Working on a side now
GWvsJohn

Postby GWvsJohn » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:14 pm

Question: is there no simple -mancy for special units?

Also, a barracks can pop a single stabber per turn or a stack?
GWvsJohn

Postby LTDave » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:58 pm

I've cut out the simple mancy, since I have no rules for those spells that work on any kind of level.

If there is still a reference in the rules, please ignore it.

A Barracks pops 1 unit per turn, not stack.
LTDave

Postby HerbieRai » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:27 am

I have some interest, but I'll be getting my faction up later. Right now its a salvo of questions!

Questions:
Are building structures in a city free when we upgrade?
You note Siege Towers, weapons ect under workshop but there are no details on what they do/are.
If a unit has burrowing and mount, can it take its rider underground as well?
what makes stabbers useful compared to pikers? The only thing stabbers get is +1 attack, but when compared with the 2 defense and 2 hits pikers get they seem a lot stronger.

Edit: So I've been answering a lot of my own questions through creating the side. Sorry if there are any more stupid ones.
HerbieRai

Postby GWvsJohn » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:49 am, edited 5 times in total.
GWvsJohn

Postby CroverusRaven » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:06 am

Side Name: Moppits
Colors:Orange
Description: The underestimated Moppits managed to avoid the Great Empire's sweep through the region by hugging the coastline, in an out of the way location. The odd "people" that make up the ranks of Moppits are an assortment of creatures, some fuzzy, some smoothskinned, with many colors of fur and skin, which seems to always denote their station. They are a hardy bunch, ready to rebuild, and maybe put on a good show.
Ruler Name: Jimmeny Henderson
Warlord Name: Wort Gisnee
Number Between 1 and 100: 25
Hiding Location: Coast

Units:
Fozzy 8/3/3/6 (20)
Stabber
Fozzy's are very durable, being much larger than many of their kinsmen. They are covered in brown fur and are never without their pork pie hats and pressed ties.

Gonzo 5/5/1/6, ranged (20)
Archer
With their large curves schnozes, these purple men have feathered skin, and noticeable tufts on top of their head. They prefer defending to attacking, but bring their sling shots to battle wherever they are needd.

Kermie 3/0/0/10 scout(30)
Scout
These small green-skinned men have rather large eyes and are mostly hairless. They enjoy jumping and leaping about, and have a tendency to flail when surprised or afraid.

Special Unit:
Missy Pig 11/8/4/6 - siege (40)
Beast Class A Special
These savage beasts are durable and pack a wallop. They often wear collars made of pearls, and seem to enjoy pink. When they charge into battle they give off an incredibly irritating shriek that annoys everyone in ear shot.
CroverusRaven

Postby GWvsJohn » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:22 am

Do you want us to come up with all our units now, or just the ones we start with?
GWvsJohn

Postby LTDave » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:50 pm

Just the units you start with.

Buildings will have a cost, which will be revealed when you have a city.

I'm travelling the next few days, so don't expect much response from me for a bit.

Cheers for signing up!
LTDave

Postby HerbieRai » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:17 pm

Side name: Underempire
Colors: Brown
Description: The Underempire has existed for several invasions of the great empires, but never been able to get a strong foothold in the land. The Underempire are experts at hiding, usually doing so under large drapes of cloth. They tried to hold their own on the last invasion, but were forced to secretly send their heir, Queen Victoria, and a few last men into hiding.
Ruler Name: Secret Victoria
Warlord Name: Calvin Klein
Number: 42 of course
Hiding place: Deep Desert

Units:
Stabber - Brief 5/7/1/6 (20)
Archer - Braman 5/5/1/6 (20) ranged
Scout - (name) 3/0/0/10 (30) scout
Spec A - Long John 13/5/5/12 (40) Mount, Burrowing, Speed Boost, Heavy
HerbieRai

Postby Silversought » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:59 am

Questions!

1. Still looking for players?
2. What does veiled do in Empires X?
3. Is there anything I should -have- to participate? (other than a stable net connection and computer)
4. Do I have to pay to promote my starting Warlord to Chief?

Side name: Voyera
Colors: Blue (Primary) Gold (Secondary)
Description: The Moguls rose through their incessant curiosity and willingness to seize every little chance for exploitation. Because of this, they could afford to send Mediason, their proud heir, out to the dry desert in time to survive the war. Now he returns, eager to bring the frenzied love of scandal and inane secrets to Erflia.
Ruler Name: Mogul Mediason
Warlord Name: Anchor Smiles
Number: 1
Hiding place: Desert

Units:
Stabber - MobBits 5/3/1/10 (20) Wielding an odd array of broken pipes and rocks, MobBits resemble crazed EyeWits.
Archer - SpotCops 5/5/1/6, ranged (20) Distinguished by their strict uniform and gold badge, SpotCops all know that they must not fire if the target surrenders upon hearing the battle cry "Freeze". Fortunately, nobody ever will.
Scout - EyeWits 3/0/0/10 Scout (30) Civilians in a world without civilians. Scouts wear solid blue clothes of random design and narrate everything they see as it happens.
Special A - SkyWits 8/2/3/18, Mount, Flying, Jinn Stealth, Speed Boostx2 (40) Round, shimmering silver creatures, SkyWits have an almost drawn-on face and emit a heavy whirring when they take flight.
Silversought

Postby LTDave » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:37 pm

I'm still around - just in the midst of two 3000 word essays. Fun!

I'll be starting the game officially next week, so stay tuned for that.

Silversought's Qs:
1. I can and will continue to take players until I can take no more.

2. A good question. It conveys some kind of benefit to confuse scouts, etc.

3. Commitment, patience, and good humour.

4. Um. Yes. Naturally.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:42 pm

Oh, and you MUST have email notification turned on for Private Messages.

Players / humans can easily get lost from the game / forum, and the email notification is a good way to remind them to come back.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:43 am

[the rules say](Terrain) Capability - A unit with terrain capability does not receive penalties from it’s chosen terrain. It also gives the unit a 50% bonus in combat while attacking or defense while defending. [/the rules say]

First off, I want to apologise for that apostrophe in its. What is this, the 1840s or something? Gah!

Secondly, I want to point out that much of this stuff is stolen holus bolus from the other Erfgames. This is not an excuse, it's (see - correct apostrophisation there) just that sometimes there are things written that make no sense with the other parts that I have written (sometimes the parts I have written make no sense with the other parts I have written, but that is, as I'm sure you'll agree, the nature of the human condition).

Terrain Capably units make a given terrain type as though it were ordinary terrain for movement purposes. You may not choose an impassible terrain type as your capability.

Also, the bonus in combat and defense apply only in the specified terrain, though perhaps that is assumed.

[the rules say] Jinn Stealth - (3) If the unit ends turn with full move, it becomes veiled until it attacks or leaves the hex. [/the rules say]

Veiling is one of those comic ideas that haven't really been fully explained. I'm going to rule that it means that a veiled unit will not show up in a scout report, and cannot be attacked. If there are units in the same stack as units with Jinn Stealth, those units cannot be veiled. So, riders on mounts can be seen, even if the mounts are veiled.

Cool cool.
LTDave

Postby HerbieRai » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:47 am

Hi Dave,

Still have a couple questions on Burrowing Mounts. If a mount has a rider, can it burrow with the rider.
Can a burrowing unit move into an unscouted hex underground, or do we need to scout the above ground hex to move a unit into the hex underground?
HerbieRai

Postby LTDave » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:36 am

Good questions.

I"m going to say yes. A hex must be scouted before a unit can move into it.

And - I guess that units mounted on a burrowing unit can burrow with it. By they won't enjoy it. They'll get all messy.
LTDave

Re: Empires X - Erflia - Recruiting and Starting

Postby LTDave » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:23 pm

I have sent PM's to the five players who have registered a power. I have no idea what the upper limit is going to be here, but let's keep going until my head explodes. Hopefully hopefully HOPEFULLY I have simplified the whole thing enough that we can have many players. Maybe 10? Maybe.

If you want to join in, give a shout nowish.

Cheers
LTDave

Postby SeraphRedux » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:16 pm

After some registration issues, I'm around to post interest on the forums. No army post just yet, but I'll edit that in shortly, and any questions I'll just post later. On the bright side I can at least have a caster or two from the get go soon, which'll allow for lots of flavor stuff.

(Also I'm not sure if by power you mean 'army world power' or something else.)

(Also cause nobody else posted yet, for stacking, is the 'extra attack' meaning an extra unit attacks, or just an effective +1 to the Combat Score for the stack? I'm not sure how combat in general will work.)

Side Info
Side Name: Winter Wonderland
Side Colors: Aero and Black
Race: Snowmen
Ruler Name: Janis Tassadar
The leader of the Snowmen, she resembles the Elite Boolaroo Class of her previous side. Skin and everything else about her shines with pure pristine white, with cold black eyes and hair being the only exceptions. Something that sticks out are her razor teeth and long red tongue, but she doesn't usually open her mouth and her mouth is normal sized so this rarely comes to prominence. Her regal robes are a half transparent light blue, with some portions of them similar cold black to her eyes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_(color)#Aero
Hiding Location: Mountains
Number Picked: 37

Once reigning over the mountainside with snow from the tippiest toppiest tree on the highest heights, this Side enjoyed relative peace for longer than usual for their relative isolation and out of the way nature. However the waring armies eventually forged and fought for in the mountains to gain extra cities and sack for smuckers, but the depth that they had to go to conquer the capital itself was far enough that the Wonders managed to send their heir deep in hiding. With a new vision of her side and as practically the sole survivor, Janis aims to snowball her side and mold the erf itself in her image.

Warlord Name: Cindy Lou
Rising up through the ranks to become the right hand Angel to Janis, she has a very high loyalty to the princess. Mixed feelings about all those other dear friends who called her pipsqueak and wouldn't let her play in their games, she misses their companionship but loves the chance to grasp at a bright and glorious future along with her new queen.

Units:

Snowguys [Stabber Unit]
11/3/1/6

The rank and file unit of Wonderland, Snowguys are clad in a suit of sheer white leather armor. Padded with snow, its inability to stop blows is made up for by its ability to blunt and spread their force. This outfit is complemented by heavier black boots, as well as a fashionable (yet protective) helmet shaped like a Bowler hat. The Wonderland, perhaps uniquely, takes the concept of faceless mook literally, and all Snowguys pop with a white, cloth, one-way mask. This is worn only in combat and serves to provide anonymity, so that Stabber may not know which comrades have fallen, and to distance the units themselves from the atrocities they are sure to commit. While polite and remarkably courteous outside of battle, Snowguys have a tendency towards Hyperviolence in combat, vicious caneswords carving up their foes as they crush friends and foes underfoot with heavy hobnailed boots. Snowguys seem a contradictory bunch sometimes, but sometimes the unpreditable foe can be far more dangerous than a foe that runs like clockwork.

Dollamancy replica of a Snowguy, facemask on, canesword sheathed but ready.
http://imgur.com/LYGslDf

Picture taken at the Stanley Kubrik Exhibition at LACMA, by Michael Mcvey
http://skiffleboom.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... anonero-2/

Blizzas [Archer Unit]
5/5/1/6 (Ranged)
Snowmen of a more literal kind, these one-armed creatures primarily throw glomps of snow at enemies. Their bodies are made up of huge portions of cold fluff. Each Blizza has a hat. When these hats are taken off for more than a few seconds the snowstuff collapses into a quickly evaporating heap. The Blizza's true form is the hat, though not all Hats are alike. Due to the ease of knocking the hat off a one-armed Blizza, especially in the thick of combat, blizzas are typically deployed far from the frontline. Thier projectiles, though, formed by natural snowamancy, a subset of dirtamancy, hit with deadly force. Chilling Wonderland's enemies to the bone, Blizzas leave thier foes both cold and dead.

Blizzas of the rare "Blue Fez" variety.
http://imgur.com/YFi3bdN

Picture found here: http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/File:Mr_ ... _NSMBS.png
Created by "DohlMissed"

Camewa Lakitu [Scout Unit]
3/0/0/10
Miniature creatures, part scout, part tiny, undeveloped Wam Cloud. They're uniquely equipped with an innate understanding of the mysterious camewas, which let them picture and scope out the landscape. Their perpetual mounts haven't mastered the speed or cloud-hopping of their big siblings, but can hover a few mere inches and skim overland with great speed. When mounting a proper Fwost Wam Cloud, the scout's perpetual mount merges with its big brother, allowing the Lakitu to ride in complete comfort.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... Lakitu.png

Fwost Wam Cloud [A Class Beast Unit]
8/2/2/30 (Flying) (Mount)
(Speed Boostx4, Flying, Mount)
Ice cwouds that form into animalistic steeds. While mere clouds hardly make for a durable battle mount, these units are second to none in lightning speed transport. They have the ability to fly by jumping nimbly from cloud to cloud as they make their way through the sky. Should no convenient clouds be present, small puffs of mist will materialize just long enough for a Wam to bounce off them and be on its way. This is likely a very weak form of natural stuffamancy.

A Fwost Wam Cloud in transit:
http://imgur.com/i4b8Bik

By the following artist:
http://rattledmachine.deviantart.com/ar ... -358651125
Last edited by SeraphRedux on Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:36 am, edited 9 times in total.
SeraphRedux

Postby Deo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:26 pm

I am interested in joining. I will try to have a side designed and posted within the next few days. Not sure if I will remake my side from Twibes or do something new, but hopefully it will be able to compete well :)

-Edit-

Side info posted!

Side: Whedawall
Color: White or Red.
Description: Whedawall was divided about what to do when the Great Empires moved, once again, into the area. Warlords bickered amongst themselves whether they should stand and fight with everything have or retreat into the nooks and crannies of the earth to wait out the coming storm. The heir, Charl E. Main, eventually took up the cause of hiding some units underground as a fallback when the ruler decided he would meet the great empires with the bulk of his forces and attempt to force them out of the land.

Charl became ruler three turns after a warlord arrived with word from his father boasting of how his forces stand firm against the invaders. He tried to save what he could with orders to go into hiding but only two riderless Lisps that were able to fight off their pursuers and stay hidden till the side reemerged from hiding.
Color:

Ruler: Charl E Main. Purse with 2000 S
Warlord: Varrus One-Eye. Purse with 2000S

Number between 1 and 100: 17

Where are we hiding?
The Coast.

Name and Design
10 Stabbers: (5/4/4/6) Swot – The Swot are well-armored and disciplined foot soldiers of Whedawall
3 Scouts: (3/0/0/10) Scout Runners – With their keen eyes and fast movement, the robed runners are the trained scouts of Whedawall for their exploring and intel gathering skills.
10 Archers: (5/5/1/6) Ranged Wolds - Short, reptilian creatures armed with bows that make up the standard archery unit in Whedawall.
2 Special A beasts: (13/5/6/12) – Flight, Mount, Speed Boost, Heavy Lisp -
Lisps are large flying insectoid creatures with a strong, but yet lithe, exoskeleton. They are extremely ferocious in battle and often serve as mounts to knights or leaders of Whedawall.
Edit 3/3/2014 x2 - Snipped unit stats, then unsnipped unit stats. Confusing myself, heh.
Last edited by Deo on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deo
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Next

Return to Your Games