Commanders

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Commanders

Postby Sir Shadow » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:29 am

Rax claims a wulf of his own and orders the uncroaked knight onto another. He then organizes the freshest uncroaked with the highway level into a stack with room for the prince and Omgah to join. He also orders defensive stacks of uncroaked around the stacks of diggers.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby 0beron » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:31 am

I grab a Wulf for myself as well if one was available, as that seemed to be the trend. My Move was higher than the Infantry anyway, but having a Mount afforded me more protection.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby GWvsJohn » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:54 am

With his fellow Commanders ready, Prince Macho orders the army forward, headed toward the eastern farm.

With so few living units in the army, his travelling song would have little effect. Still, Prince Macho was proud of his side and began it anyway.

We're Men!, waiting for his troops to give the reply, Manly Men!, before continuing.

We're Men in tights! We travel through the woods looking for fights! Oh Yeah!
I know how it works. And I'm not that confident.
GWvsJohn

Postby Acorntail » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:00 am

Sir Shadow wrote:Rax claims a wulf of his own and orders the uncroaked knight onto another. He then organizes the freshest uncroaked with the highway level into a stack with room for the prince and Omgah to join. He also orders defensive stacks of uncroaked around the stacks of diggers.

0beron wrote:I grab a Wulf for myself as well if one was available, as that seemed to be the trend. My Move was higher than the Infantry anyway, but having a Mount afforded me more protection.

There are only four Dire Wulfs in Lore at the moment - Metter took most of them in his farm capture move. The Knight can take the Dire Wulf, but that'll leave Ogmah walking. Dire Wulfs can only hold one passenger. She could take a Peeker, I suppose, but it would be safer on the ground. Defer the Knight's mount to Ogmah?

GWvsJohn wrote:With his fellow Commanders ready, Prince Macho orders the army forward, headed toward the eastern farm.

With so few living units in the army, his travelling song would have little effect. Still, Prince Macho was proud of his side and began it anyway.

We're Men!, waiting for his troops to give the reply, Manly Men!, before continuing.

We're Men in tights! We travel through the woods looking for fights! Oh Yeah!

The living soldiers, for their part, do their best to join in the song. They don't appear particularly enthusiastic, even a touch nervous. The Uncroaked, of course, just follow in line. The Archons float in a gaggle, gossiping. It is not the most military of columns; every unit save a handful of the vanguard living units have more experience than their commanders, and their uncertainty shows. Regardless, they march on.

Crossing the hex borders for the first time is an intriguing sensation, but you keep yourselves composed for your army's sake. The sun quickly crosses the sky, and soon you see a farm hex in the distance. A small hovering formation pops into appearance, and upon crossing the border you recognise it as Metter and a stack of Peekers. The Dire Wulfs he took with him bound up to the column, happy to rejoin with their kin. You combine your columns.

The farm hex is not particularly remarkable. It's level 1, producing 100 schmuckers a turn; enough to pay for two of your upkeep costs. Metter reports the other farm hex was similar. So far, you've earned most of your upkeep. As the column has depleted its collective move, you decide to adopt the farmhouse as a commander centre, and entrench the force. The farmhouse is fairly spartan. It has three rooms, a kitchen and two bedrooms. Like all buildings in the field, it instantly adopted the livery of Knowitall upon its capture, and was decorated much in the way Lore had been.

((Entrenching is a tactic: you can use it to provide a defensive and upkeep reduction bonus so long as you are on a utility or defensive hex. Applicable hexes are: Farms, Fortresses, Towers, Dungeons, Mines, Mills and Unclaimed City Sites.))

The turn has yet to end, Manly must be doing something in the capital. Most likely managing production values and commanding the Archons near Diagetic.
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail

Postby 0beron » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:12 am

Once the column was settled in, I called the other commanders together in the farmhouse kitchen. Once everyone has assembled, I explain "I still have a fair amount of Juice remaining, so I was about to call Manly to deliver a report."

That said, I focus inward and easily find Manly's String, the thickest and brightest cord in my neatly organized bundle, near the top of the dimensionless space I organized them in. Tugging gently to make it taut, I open a channel, voice only for the moment.

*Ogmah reporting from the field sire. Both farms have been successfully claimed, and the column is presently entrenched at the eastern location. I have the other commanders with me, and will open the channel to them if needed. Any additional intelligence to report?* I begin, the others with me able to hear me as I spoke aloud.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Acorntail » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:24 am

0beron wrote:Once the column was settled in, I called the other commanders together in the farmhouse kitchen. Once everyone has assembled, I explain "I still have a fair amount of Juice remaining, so I was about to call Manly to deliver a report."

That said, I focus inward and easily find Manly's String, the thickest and brightest cord in my neatly organized bundle, near the top of the dimensionless space I organized them in. Tugging gently to make it taut, I open a channel, voice only for the moment.

*Ogmah reporting from the field sire. Both farms have been successfully claimed, and the column is presently entrenched at the eastern location. I have the other commanders with me, and will open the channel to them if needed. Any additional intelligence to report?* I begin, the others with me able to hear me as I spoke aloud.

Manly's response is hazy and quiet. You try adjusting, and his voice becomes much clearer in your head. You can feel your juice depleting quickly; soon you will be spent for the day.
*S.. you... ually got two... -orking... -ot bad. The Archons have flo... no engagements detected. When you return... updated map will be waiting. I just have some errands to... turn will be ending soon.*
Acorntail

Postby 0beron » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:45 am

Alarmed by this rapid drain, I cut the conversation short.

*Understood sire, until tomorrow* I finish, quickly cutting the call, my rapid heartbeat the only sound remaining in my ears. Once I catch my breath, I repeat the message exactly aloud.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:56 am

I seem very disturbed, bordering on distressed. As soon as I had repeated the message, I rapidly excused myself and rushed into one of the bedrooms, closing the door behind me.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:46 pm

A little more than concerned, I excuse myself from the warlords and follow Omgah. With a gentle knock on the door i ask, "Is everything alright?"
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Postby 0beron » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:49 pm

There is a momentary delay, and through the flimsy door a shaky exhale is heard. "Yes...just an unanticipated side-effect, I think it may have been caused by the Krown. I need time to myself to rest." I reply in an even enough tone.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:55 pm

"I see, how peculiar. We should discuss that when you feel better, but for now, wo.uld you mind lending me the book while you rest? I'll return it once you've recovered, I just wish to make good use of the rest of the turn."
Sir Shadow

Postby 0beron » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:12 pm

There is a delay before I respond. "Actually there is something I wanted it for...give me a few minutes."

A short time later, no more than 5 minutes, the door opens. Ogmah stands there holding the book, eyes a little glassy....had she been crying? Without any further comment, she passed the book to Rax and closed the door once again.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:06 pm

It was hard to tell if I should press further and see if there was anything I could do to help. She seemed rather distressed, at least a lot more than I would think she would be after expending so much juice, "Are you sure you're alright? Was it some kind of feedback from the Krown? Anything you'd like to talk about?"
Sir Shadow

Postby 0beron » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:35 pm

I pause in the middle of closing the door. "It's fine....just an unexpected backlash...Thinkamancy can do odd things when it goes wrong. This one was emotional in nature...I felt a loss that was not my own." I explain. "Thank you though." I add, genuine gratitude showing in my glassy eyes before closing the door once more.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:36 pm

"Well, alright... rest well." I give her an uncertain smile as she closes the door and head off to another room to study.
Sir Shadow

Postby Acorntail » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:49 pm

Over the horizon, the sun finally sets.

End of Turn.
Acorntail

Postby understandslittle » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:23 am

Tank having walked here alongside the living units beds down for the night. Yes, he's sleeping in his armor.
understandslittle

Postby LTDave » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:12 am

Metter Nick von Braun can't sleep - life is too interesting to sleep!

He walks up and down, looking at the stars and smelling the night air.

Then he makes his way back to the farmhouse, looking for a place to rest his little grey cells. He opens a door, but finds the room occupied by the Croakamancer, Ciciatrix?
The mancer is reading, or studying the spell book.

"Ah! Good evening Kamerad. How is it? Sorry to intrude. What is it you are reading? Very interesting, I am sure. May I?"

Metter Nick reaches out a hand to take the book and gives it a cursory examination...
LTDave

Postby Sir Shadow » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:15 am

When Nick opens the door, he finds that Cicatrix is long gone.

If he goes searching for him, the Croakamancer would be found out in the field looking over the Uncroaked and trying to preserve them a little more.
Sir Shadow

Postby LTDave » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:21 am

"Ah!"

Metter Nick finds the spell book sitting on the bed, and takes the time to read it thoroughly.
LTDave

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games