Commanders

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Commander

Postby 0beron » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:23 am

Sir Shadow wrote:I had been thinking that entering the Magic Kingdom would be to risky, but hearing the king's outburst was startling. "That's a rather optimistic view, Omgah."
"Is it? The Magic Kingdom is ruled by neutrality, how could we come to harm there? The worst possible outcome is that we find our peers to be less welcoming than expected, which would be regrettable but certainly far from harmful."
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:31 am

"Yes, I doubt harm would come to us, but if there is bad blood between it and our side, better to let the wounds scab over before we go poking around. Going to soon may do more harm than good, and besides, as level 1 casters, we have little to offer anyways."
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby Acorntail » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:52 am

0beron wrote:"The Magic Kingdom is ruled by neutrality, how could we come to harm there? The worst possible outcome is that we find our peers to be less welcoming than expected, which would be regrettable but certainly far from harmful."

Manly scoffs. "Neutrality... I did hire casters, true, and for a long time I considered myself their friend. But they cannot be trusted, not now of all times. I will speak no more of this; you are all forbidden from entering the Magic Kingdom, or associating with casters from it."
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail

Postby 0beron » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:06 pm

Crestfallen, I excuse myself from the War Room and leave any more detailed planning to my Warlord peers.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby understandslittle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:13 pm

"May I suggest that each of us commanders take a group of Peekers and Archers to scout the nearby hexes. At the very least finding out what the terrain types are around here would be helpful.

In fact, I volunteer to take a stack of Peekers and Archers and flying to just outside of Plot, then almost back, and walking back to find the most expedient route for our slow infantry."
understandslittle

Postby GWvsJohn » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:24 pm

Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWvsJohn

Postby understandslittle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:23 pm

"All that does is invite an attack from some unknown force. We are only aware of three sides yes, but look at how much is unknown about this map. Until we can be certain that no attack will occur from an unknown source I strongly advise against depleting Garrisons."
understandslittle

Postby Acorntail » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:36 pm

GWvsJohn wrote:"Father, do you have any suggestions on how to utilize out garrisoned troops? I would nearly empty the garrisons of Lore, Copout and Busybody to aid in the assault. I of course defer to your impressive experience."

understandslittle wrote:"All that does is invite an attack from some unknown force. We are only aware of three sides yes, but look at how much is unknown about this map. Until we can be certain that no attack will occur from an unknown source I strongly advise against depleting Garrisons."

"Lore was at war with us when we the capital fell; the majority of their armies were sieging Busybody and Copout. As such, most of their forces are gone, but if the armies supporting their capital was any indication, their cities will contain full compliments. Our army took Lore, but that was led by several high level warlords and casters. Their cities will not be as heavily defended as Lore was, but then, we have only my bonus to rely on. If so much of our treasury had not been emptied, I would suggest mass production of Boogie Woogie Men to meet you at Plot. As is, perhaps a shuffle. We move soldiers from Busybody, now our most secure border, to Knowitall, soldiers from Knowitall to Copout and the garrison in Copout to Plot, where they will meet with you and construct siege. Keeping a stack of Boogie Woogie Men in Busybody and Knowitall, the rest march up to Plot, and help form the meat of the attack."

understandslittle wrote:"May I suggest that each of us commanders take a group of Peekers and Archers to scout the nearby hexes. At the very least finding out what the terrain types are around here would be helpful.

In fact, I volunteer to take a stack of Peekers and Archers and flying to just outside of Plot, then almost back, and walking back to find the most expedient route for our slow infantry."

"There's no need for you personally to go along; the Archons are more than capable to act as advanced recon. But, I suppose you may want to visit the field for the first time, stretch your legs, as it were. Cravens are already in the field around Knowitall, they can be ordered to Plot so we can learn the terrain."
Acorntail

Postby understandslittle » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:27 pm

"If you think that's wise sir I'm okay with it. I just don't want us to lose some of our old cities in our thirst for new ones.

I'd prefer to see the terrain for myself. I'll speak with the thinkamancer before I leave, so you can get into contact with me while I'm in the field, and to grab the spell book the Thinkamancer has. If I did my math wrong, I'll ping the thinkamancer and you can come out with a mount with slightly more move than I have left."
understandslittle

Postby Acorntail » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:07 am

understandslittle wrote:"If you think that's wise sir I'm okay with it. I just don't want us to lose some of our old cities in our thirst for new ones.

I'd prefer to see the terrain for myself. I'll speak with the thinkamancer before I leave, so you can get into contact with me while I'm in the field, and to grab the spell book the Thinkamancer has. If I did my math wrong, I'll ping the thinkamancer and you can come out with a mount with slightly more move than I have left."

"The only risk to our cities was Lore. If all goes to plan; Plot shall fall and the garrisons in Copout, Busybody and Knowitall shall renew themselves. The mines of Woohoo are still going strong."

He raises an eyebrow.

"I'm sure even you can count, warlord. But yes; I approve of your scouting mission. Take a peeker and two of the Archons: their eyemancy should be sufficient."
Acorntail

Postby understandslittle » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:29 am

"I wasn't certain if the peeker could make it back. I will spend the night in the field then as there's no way the Archons could make it back. Thank you sir, I'll be leaving shortly."

Tank then leaves the room, and searches for Omgah. When he finds her, he says "I'll be spending the rest of the turn, and into the next scouting. Would you mind if I used your book you have there as a means of getting your attention if I need to speak with those still in the city." Once that's been said he issues a command for a peeker and two Archons to meet him in the courtyard.
understandslittle

Postby Acorntail » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:59 am

understandslittle wrote:"I wasn't certain if the peeker could make it back. I will spend the night in the field then as there's no way the Archons could make it back. Thank you sir, I'll be leaving shortly."

Tank then leaves the room, and searches for Omgah. When he finds her, he says "I'll be spending the rest of the turn, and into the next scouting. Would you mind if I used your book you have there as a means of getting your attention if I need to speak with those still in the city." Once that's been said he issues a command for a peeker and two Archons to meet him in the courtyard.

As Tank leaves the room Manly shouts after him.
"Archons have the rider special, warlord!"

He laughs, then turns to Metter and Macho. Manly was overly critical of both of them, he admitted. But having heard the two of them talk strategy, he was growing a fondness for his son, and even for the diplomat. They weren't at all like the old court.
"Von Brawn, you wanted to go scouting. Do you want to go with Tanksalot, or would you prefer to stay in the capital until turn's end?"
Acorntail

Postby GWvsJohn » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:04 am

Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWvsJohn

Postby 0beron » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:00 am

understandslittle wrote:Tank then leaves the room, and searches for Omgah. When he finds her, he says "I'll be spending the rest of the turn, and into the next scouting. Would you mind if I used your book you have there as a means of getting your attention if I need to speak with those still in the city.".

He finds Omgah sitting with Rax near the Uncroaked, both sitting close together and studying the very book he had come in search of. I listen to his request and shake my head "I am sorry Tank, but this item is very valuable and it's crucial that Rax and I take advantage of all the time we have to study it before battle. The Eyemancy of the Archons should be sufficent, I believe they can Ping me if you need assistance."
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Acorntail » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:05 am

GWvsJohn wrote:"Father, if I may be so bold. Why not strike for Plot this turn? Every turn the uncroaked spend in the city is a turn we cannot use them in the field. The Cravens that pop next turn can easily join the column next turn."

Manly looks at the Prince. The is a hint of momentary confusion in his eyes before he blinks, then responds.
"I see no reason why not. I had thought perhaps I could spend some time getting to know my warlords outside of what this Krown can tell me; invite you all to my feast tonight. But I suppose you are right; there is no reason to waste time. But the turn lasts as long as we desire."

He turns from the war room table, a loose hand playing with his moustache end.
"I tell you what, warlords. You shall march out for Plot this turn. But first, neither of you have eaten yet, or ever. It would be wrong to not first feed you. We shall have my feast for lunch, then you shall march to war."

He relays this order to all of his commanders.
*Will march to Plot this turn. Wait until Tanksalot leads advanced scouting force, wait in the field. Eat.*

(Note; that whilst the thread is a touch slow at the moment, there is a flurry of private messages going on. If a player looks inactive, they may not necessarily be so.)
Acorntail

Postby 0beron » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:30 am

Upon receiving the order I blink. "Hmm, and it seems we have a meal to attend first, how exciting!"
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:39 am

"Bon, Majesty. Which shall we eat?"
LTDave

Postby Acorntail » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:01 am

LTDave wrote:"Bon, Majesty. Which shall we eat?"

Manly clasps his hands together, any talk of strategy or war forgotten.
"Meat. But not just any meat; the last of the sides of Lore's War Bores, alongside whatever the Titan's have decided to pop for you. Tough little beasts, but they taste fantastic. You may have noticed, I enjoy a meal."

He gestures at his signamancy. Manly was large, but this was not fat. It was muscle intended for work, not for show. He made sure to show that.

"The old court never appreciated my feasts, but I am sure the new one will."
Acorntail

Postby 0beron » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:09 am

I rise and tuck the book away in my satchel, gesturing for Rax to lead the way. "After you." I invite, following behind him to the feast. My stomach was indeed grumbling, and I hoped to find something savory...perhaps a nice balanced plate of bread, fruits and cheeses. Yes, Manly was a large fellow so despite not being in the room to hear him say so, I could guess from his Signamancy that his tastes leaned towards meat, so a nice ploughman's lunch would compliment the main fare nicely.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:22 am

The request from tank is odd, in my opinion, how did he even know about the book and what it did? He wasn't in the armory when I gave it to Omgah. Regardless, she managed to shoot him down before I did. Still, the order gets my attention and I rise with her. As she gestures for me to lead, I nod and head toward the banquet hall.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games