Commanders

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Commanders

Postby Sir Shadow » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:00 pm

As I back away from my work, I size up the warlord. He had talked more than I had expected, but I couldn't blame him. I leave him with a few parting words, "Well, Dain, Meatshield didn't come to your rescue. To them, you're an expendable, low-level warlord... but to us... you'd be a much more valuable asset."

I move off to inspect the croaked, using the rest of my juice to uncroak some of the infantry.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
User avatar
Sir Shadow
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 am
Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Re: Commanders

Postby Acorntail » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:54 am

Sir Shadow wrote:As I back away from my work, I size up the warlord. He had talked more than I had expected, but I couldn't blame him. I leave him with a few parting words, "Well, Dain, Meatshield didn't come to your rescue. To them, you're an expendable, low-level warlord... but to us... you'd be a much more valuable asset."


Dain huffs, mumbling.


((Anyone else want to do anything, or should I start the next day?))
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

Re: Commanders

Postby 0beron » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:39 am

I come in close, kneeling beside Dain and placing a hand on his shoulder. "Please...you have to turn, its the only thing that will save you anymore. I've tried to talk them out of it, but they'll croak you at dawn. Meatshield has left you, and even if they hadn't, you would be croaked before they arrive. Besides...how do you think they'd react when they learn what you have divulged? Your only sanctuary is with us now Dain, please, for you own sake, let me save you." I make a final heartfelt plea.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Commanders

Postby Acorntail » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:12 am

0beron wrote:I come in close, kneeling beside Dain and placing a hand on his shoulder. "Please...you have to turn, its the only thing that will save you anymore. I've tried to talk them out of it, but they'll croak you at dawn. Meatshield has left you, and even if they hadn't, you would be croaked before they arrive. Besides...how do you think they'd react when they learn what you have divulged? Your only sanctuary is with us now Dain, please, for you own sake, let me save you." I make a final heartfelt plea.


Dain looks Ogmah in the eyes for a moment, then shrugs off her hand, grunting.
"You know nothing of Meatshield, and not much more of your own side. You're all new; how I don't know. Some trickery of Manly, no doubt. A man who can pop five commanders, or more perhaps, has cunning. Do you know him as much as you think? I know more of Knowitall than you, and I am not much older. I know of your King, although I hear he calls himself Emperor now. He is a lying coward, not worthy of the legacy his father left to him. I could not serve such a man, caster. If you save me, what would you deliver me to?"
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

Re: Commanders

Postby 0beron » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:59 am

I lean in close to whisper something in his ear, then pull back and look him directly in the eyes again, holding his gaze.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Commanders

Postby Acorntail » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:33 am

0beron wrote:I lean in close to whisper something in his ear, then pull back and look him directly in the eyes again, holding his gaze.


Dain blinks. He seems taken aback by Ogmah's whispers. After a few minutes, he does his best to drag himself from his rear onto his knees.

"You make an... an interesting suggestion, Ogmah. We just might be able to work together after all. But I will not pledge allegiance to Knowitall, never to Knowitall." He looks briefly at Metter, who has taken a back seat, then to the tents that Macho retired to and Tank is recovering in.
"Your side is mischievous, led by a liar and his team of novices. It is something I could never align myself to."

He turns back to Ogmah.
"But, I could, perhaps, align myself to you."
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

Re: Commanders

Postby 0beron » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:41 am

If I was surprised, I did not let it show. "An interesting proposition Dain, one I had not considered. If you do so, you accept the fact that I have Duty to Knowitall's best interests, and my orders to you shall reflect this. As my unit, any actions that directly or indirectly harm Knowitall will not be tolerated, but neither will you answer directly to Manly or my peers. If this is agreeable, then we have an understanding." I return.

(If he accepts, I suppose I'll have to determine what my personal livery is then...cool hehe)
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Commanders

Postby Acorntail » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:54 am

0beron wrote:If I was surprised, I did not let it show. "An interesting proposition Dain, one I had not considered. If you do so, you accept the fact that I have Duty to Knowitall's best interests, and my orders to you shall reflect this. As my unit, any actions that directly or indirectly harm Knowitall will not be tolerated, but neither will you answer directly to Manly or my peers. If this is agreeable, then we have an understanding." I return.

(If he accepts, I suppose I'll have to determine what my personal livery is then...cool hehe)


He pauses momentarily, then nods soberly.
"Then we are agreed."

As he says this, his chains fall to the ground. Though he has been stripped of his armour, his skivvies shift from Meatshield's grey-blue to a new, misty purple. Ogmah's colour. His livery changes from an arrow-studded ham to a emblem of a brain, the same as the one emblazoned on Braniac's Journal, which Ogmah carries. She could, of course, change her livery, should she feel like it. Dain stands, his new allegiance visible to all, though his stats are now hidden to all but Ogmah.

"Dain, Level 1 Warlord, Ogmah's Ensemble."
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

Re: Commanders

Postby GWvsJohn » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:00 am

1
Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWvsJohn
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Commanders

Postby 0beron » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:00 am

"Hmmmm, no no that won't do..." I think to myself, and the brain emblem instantly transforms to a golden quill inside a circle of teal green celtic knotwork. "Much better" she immediately decides.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Commanders

Postby 0beron » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:44 am

With that settled, I go find Rax and chat for a bit, then head to bed.

Edit: Before going to bed, I also make sure that Dain gets his gear back, and is given a comfortable place to sleep, sacrifing my bedroll if one has not yet popped for him.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Commanders

Postby Acorntail » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:25 am

0beron wrote:Edit: Before going to bed, I also make sure that Dain gets his gear back, and is given a comfortable place to sleep, sacrifing my bedroll if one has not yet popped for him.


Dain's gear is hesitantly returned to him by the Knowitall infantry, with the exception of his messaging hat. Currently, it has been slipped into the tent of Macho by one of the infantry, careful not to disturb the prince. The new Warlord takes quarter under a tree near the living infantry. He seems unnerved by the legions of uncroaked standing motionless in the darkness and rain.

Dawn: Knowitall's Turn - 3TSP (Turns since popping)

At dawn, the Uncroaked decay ever so slightly, though the new additions Cicatrix has made seem worse off. Rations pop, with strips of War Bore Bacon appearing alongside russet apples, roasted mushrooms and other woodland rations. The foul weather hex moves on to the south-west, and clear skies greet you. The Cravens squawk impatiently, and Dain moves awkwardly amongst the infantry and uncroaked, out of place.

Image
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

Re: Commanders

Postby 0beron » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:33 pm

Rising, I approach Dain, seeing his obvious discomfort. "Don't worry friend, before long we'll have some living archers for you to command. For now you'll fly stacked with me." I comfort him, before turning to address Macho when he emerged.
"We should send the Cravens to scout ahead before we depart."
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Commanders

Postby GWvsJohn » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:32 am

1
Last edited by GWvsJohn on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
GWvsJohn
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Commanders

Postby 0beron » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:09 am

Taking it upon myself to elaborate on Macho's vague consent, I gather the Cravens and dispatch one to scout the cluster of 11 yet-undiscovered hexes south of us. 5 others are sent to sweep the hexes along our entire route to the target city, such that the hexes we would travel through as well as 2 to either side of the path, were scouted. They would then redezvous at the hex where we would end our turn. I make use of their natural thinkamancy so I can recieve their reports without expending any juice of my own, since they would end their foray within range.
While waiting a few moments to hear back and give the ok for us to depart, I follow Macho for a word in private.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Commanders

Postby 0beron » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:00 pm

It would appear the following discussion did not go to my liking, for I stormed back to the center of camp and then awaited the Scouts' reports. I separated their Strings from the others, watching to see if any went dark.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Commanders

Postby Acorntail » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:13 am

0beron wrote:Taking it upon myself to elaborate on Macho's vague consent, I gather the Cravens and dispatch one to scout the cluster of 11 yet-undiscovered hexes south of us. 5 others are sent to sweep the hexes along our entire route to the target city, such that the hexes we would travel through as well as 2 to either side of the path, were scouted. They would then rendezvous at the hex where we would end our turn. I make use of their natural thinkamancy so I can receive their reports without expending any juice of my own, since they would end their foray within range.


Image

The Cravens report nothing unusual; the way is clear. Returning from the south, the lone Craven reports it's findings of the remaining 11 hexes.

0beron wrote:Rising, I approach Dain, seeing his obvious discomfort. "Don't worry friend, before long we'll have some living archers for you to command. For now you'll fly stacked with me." I comfort him, before turning to address Macho when he emerged.


Dain rolls his eyes. He looks over the army, his face blank.
"How many of your unit were once Lore units, Ogmah? They seem... fresh."
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:56 am
Location: Down Under

Re: Commanders

Postby 0beron » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:29 am

Acorntail wrote:Dain rolls his eyes. He looks over the army, his face blank.
"How many of your unit were once Lore units, Ogmah? They seem... fresh."
"As I understand it, all save those created yesterday. Or rather to be more precise, they were casualties of the battle that ended Lore. What proportion were Lore and what were Knowitall though, I cannot say for sure." I reply before calling out to Macho "Cravens report a clear path commander, we are safe to depart on your order!"
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Previous

Return to Your Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 0100010 and 2 guests