Commanders - Sign Ups [CLOSED] and Discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Commander

Postby Acorntail » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:18 am

0beron wrote:Sure why not! Hope this doesn't throw a curveball, but I'm gonna be a girl.

Thanks 0beron, I had to go throw everyone's PMs and change pronouns. XD Speaking of, yours is the last to be sent, then I'll start posting here as Manly.
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail

Postby 0beron » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:42 am

Awwww sorry! :( I was hoping I caught it in time. If there is a mistake somewhere though I'm sure people will know what was meant :p
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Acorntail » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:55 am

On second thought, I'll turn this thread into the signup/discussion thread, and start a new one for gameplay. Keeps things organised. ;)

Remember everybody, keep your secret specials secret, chew your upkeep one hundred times before chewing and have fun. :)

See you in the play thread.
Acorntail

Postby Sir Shadow » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:17 pm

Acorntail wrote:Remember everybody, keep your secret specials secret
:D If you want to tell me, go ahead. Everybody knows that secrets are best kept when you tell more people!

<_<
>_>
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby Acorntail » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Sir Shadow wrote:
Acorntail wrote:Remember everybody, keep your secret specials secret
:D If you want to tell me, go ahead. Everybody knows that secrets are best kept when you tell more people!

<_<
>_>

Yeah... but seriously, don't. XD Keeping them secret is important to the game, as they will interact with the story a lot.

Anyways, the play thread is up: http://www.erfworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6655
Acorntail

Re: Commander - Sign Ups [CLOSED] and Discussion

Postby understandslittle » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:45 pm

Hrm...

seems like either the Prince or myself is in contention for Chief Warlord.

Also what does the +5 apply to? Combat? Defense? (Probably not move or hits)
understandslittle

Postby Acorntail » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:13 pm

understandslittle wrote:Hrm...

seems like either the Prince or myself is in contention for Chief Warlord.

Also what does the +5 apply to? Combat? Defense? (Probably not move or hits)

+5 from a chief warlord, at least in the case of Ansom and Sylvia, appears to be a general bonus (pardon the pun). In any situation where you would need to roll, you get +5 to that roll if its combat related. It doesn't give a concrete bonus to your stats, but does play a role in how you fight.
Acorntail

Postby understandslittle » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:30 pm

Is this how all leadership works, including banner of command? ( thinking that BoC is a different type of leadership. Not sure if that's what you were thinking)
understandslittle

Postby Acorntail » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:08 pm

understandslittle wrote:Is this how all leadership works, including banner of command? ( thinking that BoC is a different type of leadership. Not sure if that's what you were thinking)

Yep, that's how I'm running leadership. Not quite sure what banner of command is. Things that combo with leadership, such as dance-fighting, can provide actual stat bonuses to units, but leadership itself does not affect unit stats, only their rolls. This effectively adds to their stats in combat, ensuring a minimum roll of X, but even the best commander can't make a level 1 Stabber fight like a level 6 Knight just by showing up. That's my reasoning, at least.
Acorntail

Postby understandslittle » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:19 pm

Sorry, I meant banner of defense. Just derping.
understandslittle

Postby understandslittle » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:51 am

All I'd like is the helm. Flying isn't good for me, as Tank prefers to be on the front line, and the rest seem limited in use.

Second would be SHIELD, or the Boom'er'ang.

Thinkamancy book should be transcribed then used as needed for pings. Ping when your portion of the plan is done or some such.
understandslittle

Postby Sir Shadow » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:59 am

So current thoughts on item spread:
Sir 'Tank' Tanksalot - S.H.I.E.L.D, and possibly Boom'a'rang
Cicatrix Rax - T'Oils, Vanishing Ring, and possibly Boom'a'rang
Metter Nick von Brawn - Winged Boots, and possibly Boom'a'rang
Prince Macho Man - Helm of Many Heads
Omgah Binder - Thinkamancer Spellbook, Token Choker, and Boomstick

Reposting along with some explanation:

Everybody would want/benefit from the Helm; it is likely one of the best items at the table. Though I jokingly said it was being given to Macho to make him stop running his hands through his beautiful, silken locks, Cicatrix does have some reason behind it. He figures the two most important people to keep alive (other than himself of course) are Omgah and Macho. Omgah, as a caster, is a high-value individual--particularly on a side with only 2 casters and the inability to even potentially pop more for another several hundred turns. Macho is likely the one that's going to become Chief Warlord (at least in Cicatrix's mind) and maybe even eventually the Heir.

The Winged Boots aren't particularly useful to anybody since this Side has such good mounts, but as the one of us with the highest move, Brawn is naturally the logical choice as the recipient. Plus, it might get him out of a sticky situation and save his life, as he seems to have little combat prowess. Again, Cicatrix feels that nobody should really be going off on their own anyways, and giving the boots to somebody that he feels is a high-value Unit is a bad idea.

The Boom'a'rang is really an up-in-the-air item. I don't know how well Tank could use it since he should be in the middle of combat, especially if he has the S.H.I.E.L.D., and the same goes for Macho. Brawn I suppose might be able to make good use of it, especially in conjuncture with Winged Boots. At the end of the day, it seems like it's best use would be hitting units that are out of reach, which Cicatrix could use since he won't be in the front of the fray.

The S.H.I.E.L.D. really fits Tank, obviously, the only question is its reliability since it seems damaged.

T'Oils is obvious. Thinkamancer Spellbook is obvious. And I don't think trying to Meta with these items is a good idea. Token Choker would be best used by an Eyemancer anyways and it's a woman's accessory.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Postby LTDave » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:15 am

Brawn has combat and defence 5 - he's not a chicken.
I'm keen on the winged boots, provided they are made of patent leather, and I think the boomstick would fit well with his outfit. The boom-arang would not suit at all. How gauche!
LTDave

Postby GWvsJohn » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:43 am

I think everyone is doing a great job so far. In a few posts each commander has a unique personality.

That being said, Prince Macho is kind of a jerk, I'm a nice guy. For in-comic references, I see him as a mix of Ossomer and Sammy. He has Ossomer's stern, Royals are superior, infantry trumps special units, casters are mysterios and dangerous, but don't know anything about war mentality. Mix that with Prince Sammy's wildness and flair.

Anyway, I'm sure we will all work together OOC and our characters will learn to respect each other IC, but right now, Macho thinks he's the man :)
GWvsJohn

Postby Sir Shadow » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:44 am

His defense and combat are 4 each.
Sir Shadow

Postby understandslittle » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Now I'm expected to stop in the middle of writing to look up character names?

Tanks not good with names okay! That's a thing now :P
understandslittle

Postby Sir Shadow » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:44 pm

Lol, there's only five of us :-P
Sir Shadow

Postby Acorntail » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:59 pm

It's good to see we've gotten to the point where I can go to sleep and you guys can still keep working off one another. XD

Also, I feel your pain: I can't tell you how many time's I've misspelt Omgah. XD
Acorntail

Postby understandslittle » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:03 pm

Wait, which one is Omgah? :P
understandslittle

Postby Sir Shadow » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:26 pm

Sir Shadow

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games