Commanders - Sign Ups [CLOSED] and Discussion

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Commanders - Sign Ups [CLOSED] and Discussion

Postby LTDave » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:15 pm

Do we know how much move various terrain eat up?
We should probably march SE around the forest to avoid the wood (even though Manly Men march around in Forests looking for fights, nes par?)

I think we can cut down the time to Plot if we use some careful mount combos.
Our Dire Wulfs can carry an infantry each two or three hexes, then return for another bunch, and so on until they've used up all their move. Same for the Peekers.
We can then end with the infantry in front a bit, and the flyers and wulfs together.

We'll be able to move most, if not all, of the infantry a few extra hexes before they start walking again. Those two extra hexes should cut down approach time to Plot by a full turn.
LTDave

Postby GWvsJohn » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:01 pm

Personally, I think we should avoid those kinds of "tricks." Outside the box thinking is what makes Parson special. I doubt a native Erfling would ever consider using a mount like that.

Just my thoughts.
I know how it works. And I'm not that confident.
GWvsJohn

Postby Sir Shadow » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:05 pm

I would assume that they're the move-cost presented in the Erf 2.0 rules, so that light forest in our way would be 1.5 move.

Hmm... if we did that... by my calculations we could get 2 extra hexes each turn (assuming grassland) from abusing the mount system. Gotta say, Peekers have some nice Move... but yea, I agree, that's a little manipulative. Of course, the power gamer in me wants to save as much time as possible for the uncroaked.

Also, something I just noticed, in the picture Acorn drew, Rax's thumbs (at least I assume those are thumbs since they are short and stubby) are on the wrong side of his hands...
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby Acorntail » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:22 pm

LTDave wrote:Do we know how much move various terrain eat up?
We should probably march SE around the forest to avoid the wood (even though Manly Men march around in Forests looking for fights, nes par?)

Sir Shadow wrote:I would assume that they're the move-cost presented in the Erf 2.0 rules, so that light forest in our way would be 1.5 move.

Yeah, I'm using the Erfgame rules to fill in the gaps. Use that as a guide-line.

Sir Shadow wrote:Also, something I just noticed, in the picture Acorn drew, Rax's thumbs (at least I assume those are thumbs since they are short and stubby) are on the wrong side of his hands...

... Boop. >_<
Perpetually locked in a Mathamancy/Turnamancy link.
Acorntail

Postby Acorntail » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:44 am

Dave, so we don't have this problem again, end your posts with open ended statements. XD

But, then Shadow, I did ask you to tell everyone you had gone out to repair the uncroaked - given that they should know that. XD
Acorntail

Postby Sir Shadow » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:30 pm

I know but I fell asleep shortly after you asked me to do that, I didn't think it would matter but obviously it did.

Also, LT, I definitely wasn't trying to avoid interaction. Rax actually likes Metter most out of the trio of warlords
<_<
>_>
No 'fense meant other warlords.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Postby LTDave » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:26 pm

I apolgise entirely for misinterpreting your post. It seemed arbitrary at the time.

All is forgiven, nes par?
LTDave

Postby Sir Shadow » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:20 am

I think everyone is ready to move on, just in case you were waiting for something Acorn <<;
Sir Shadow

Postby Acorntail » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:35 am

Sir Shadow wrote:I think everyone is ready to move on, just in case you were waiting for something Acorn <<;

Yeah, sorry for the delay. ^^; Me and my brothers went to the Magic The Gathering Theros prerelease, which was at 5am this morning.

On the plus side, school holidays have started for me, so I should have plenty of time over the next two weeks to be Titan. ;) The downside is, exams are soon, so I may not have as much time as I thought.

Regardless, I'll try to find a balance. I'll reply to everything now. Stand by.
Acorntail

Postby Sir Shadow » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:10 pm

I like how you send Manly's least favorite to go and pester him about what's going on :P
Sir Shadow

Postby LTDave » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:16 pm

Metter Nick is growing on him. You just wait and see.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:51 am

I'm seeking a clarification on the "Mounts" rule. Mounts can carry 1 + hits/10 units. Does this number round up, or down?

Can our Peekers and Wulfs carry 1 passenger, or two? (or 1.8?)
LTDave

Postby GWvsJohn » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:34 pm

LTDave wrote:I'm seeking a clarification on the "Mounts" rule. Mounts can carry 1 + hits/10 units. Does this number round up, or down?

Can our Peekers and Wulfs carry 1 passenger, or two? (or 1.8?)

I've always thought it was round down. 0beron rounds it down in his game.
GWvsJohn

Postby Sir Shadow » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:35 pm

it's round down, generally, so your mount has to have 10 hits to carry 2 units.

Also, since the light forest hexes are 1.5 move, it's faster to go through the forest than try to skirt around it. In fact, given the # of forests, it's more efficient to go straight through.
Sir Shadow

Postby understandslittle » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:35 pm

Due to a lack of computer access, unless explicitly ordered, Tank will stay with Macho, and follow any orders.
understandslittle

Postby Acorntail » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:27 pm

I'll need some final orders regarding where you want to go, then I can post.

Skirt the forest, or go right through?
Acorntail

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:53 pm

I'd say straight through.
Sir Shadow

Postby LTDave » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:55 pm

It probably doesn't matter, but in general we should avoid terrain to prevent ambushes.

If we get hit by flyers, then only our flyers and ranged will be able to reply - and if in woods, not even our ranged can reply.

I say we stay in the open. It won't make much difference to movement either way.
LTDave

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:59 pm

LTDave wrote:It probably doesn't matter, but in general we should avoid terrain to prevent ambushes.
If we get hit by flyers, then only our flyers and ranged will be able to reply - and if in woods, not even our ranged can reply.
I say we stay in the open. It won't make much difference to movement either way.

Ambushes are not likely if we use our archons like they are supposed to be used for scouting :/

The forest we are traveling through is Light Forest, so our archers will still totally be able to hit any flyers. We also know that no other sides near us have much air strength so it's not a very pressing issue IMO.

If we stay in the open, it will delay our arrival at Plot by 1 turn. Moving straight through the Light Forest hexes is faster. And we're going to have to go through some forest at some point anyways.
Sir Shadow

Postby GWvsJohn » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:31 pm

I agree with Shadow. I seriously doubt we're going to be ambushed by anything with enough air power handle 18 Archons, 18 Peekers and 3 Warlords. If our archers can participate, forget about it.
GWvsJohn

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games