DotT Side Index/Reference

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

DotT Side Index/Reference

Postby 0beron » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:32 am

Players in Desolation of the Titans should post their sides here. Please see my post HERE for an example of how I would like it to be formatted.
All Rules and clarification written here assume standard mechanics, without the intervention of magic.
I will also post the stats of known Natural Allies and Wild units.
Current Rules, Beta 2.0

Rules Errata
Here I will keep track of any rules clarifications or errata that are made during the course of the game.
  • Specials with Simple-mancy have all the "passives" of a level 1 caster as long as they have Juice remaining. (Ex, Simple Rhyme-o-mancers have the Dancefighting special while they have juice remaining.)
  • Builder & Surveyor may not be purchased multiple times (though the same unit can have both)
  • Royal sides MUST purchase a Throne Room at level 1.
Clarification on Scouts and their abilities:
Spoiler: show
  • Scouts reveal the hex they are in, as well as all adjacent hexes to a certain degree. They always see the terrain type of adjacent hexes, as well as any structures or other upgrades.
  • In "open" terrain they also spot units in adjacent hexes, but can only count number of stacks and note the presence or absence of leadership in said stacks. In "obscured" terrain, they can only spot the presence of units, without the ability to count them. If in the same hex, they can count exact troop numbers.
  • A scout can also count troop numbers from an adjacent hex if the terrain is open, and they expose themselves by standing in clear view on the hex border to get a good look.
  • All of the above assumes no stealth or magic is in play.
  • If instructed to patrol/explore a given area, Scouts will always take the most efficient path possible making full use of their ability to view adjacent hexes, unless you specifically order them to personally pass through every single hex instead.
  • Scouts have limited Natural Thinkamancy that allows them to communicate their findings to Command Units within 6 hexes of them. Beyond this range, they can still receive the basic "go to x destination" orders allowed by a Ruler's Natural Thinkamancy, or act on standing orders "Patrol [a specified path] repeatedly".
  • Scouts may extend this range by "relaying" information through other Scouts within their range, but these reports are less detailed than reporting directly to a Command Unit. See example below of how the same Scout's report would appear through both methods, for clarification.
    • Direct Report: Scouted X terrain (this would show up on your War Room Map), at hex ___ I spotted 3 Haffaton stacks, 1 with leadership. At hex ___ I spotted a level 1 Haffaton city. At hex ____ spotted 1 stack of an unknown side.
    • Relayed Report: Scouted X terrain (same as above), spotted 2 different sides, and one city at hex ____.
[/quote]

Movement Errata
  • Movement always has to "round down", meaning that a unit must have all the Move required to enter a Hex. So if for example a non-mountain unit tries to enter a Mountain hex with only 2 move remaining, they fail.
  • Regardless of terrain type, units always treat their side's cities as having a Move cost of 1. This benefit extends to allies.
  • Barbarians, Natural Allies, and Wild Beasts all act at Dawn, and lose their Move when this "communal turn" ends. Wild Beasts however will regain any Move they had remaining IF they are successfully Tamed later that same day. Newly acquired Natural Allies will immediately refresh their full Move if a side acquires them.

Experience & Leveling
The precise mechanics of leveling are a mystery to Erflings, with one exception. Because Courtiers' only notable source of XP is the supervision of cities, the amount of time it takes to level from such activities has become known and thus predictable.
  • As stated in the rules, a Courtier gains XP equal to the level of the city they are managing each turn.
  • In order to level, a Courtier requires a cumulative XP total of:
    • Level 2: 9
    • Level 3: 27
    • Level 4: 81
    • And so on, multiplying by 3 each time.
I will rely on you guys to track your own Courtiers' leveling progress, so look back to determine how much XP they currently have and continue doing so going forward.
Basic Infantry do level, but their stat gains are fixed and constant each time they level, as follows:
  • Stabbers: +1 Hits
  • Pikers: +1 Defense
  • Archers: +1 Combat
  • Scouts do not level.

Clarification on City Building
For the purpose of building and upgrading, cities are divided into 2 categories. Ones built on Capital Sites (regardless of whether they are being treated as actual capitals) and normal city sites. Here are the rules as they apply to each:
Capital Sites:
  • Not bound to any kind of template, each one may be completely unique.
  • The commander performing the upgrade or founding the city has complete and total control over it's stats.
  • If given orders to this effect, commanders will always obey their Ruler when upgrading/founding such sites, but because their own mind is the source of the "blueprint" the city may come out LOOKING different than the ruler intended. The commanders will however faithfully fulfill all stat requirements ordered of them.
  • The one restriction is that Royal sides must always purchase a Throne Room at any level 1 capital site the build on. Failure to do so would mean that if you ever lose your first capital, the secondary one would be an ineligible alternative, and your side would go Barbarian.
Normal Cities
  • Bound to a uniform side-wide template, in both stats AND general appearance/architecture
  • This template is decided by the Ruler, regardless of location.
  • The first time a city of a given level is built, the Ruler must then decide (if they haven't already) what the stats are for that level of the template.
  • The commander founding/upgrading the site may deviate by 10% from a stats perspective, but will only do so if their ruler orders it. When doing so, the Ruler may specify how exactly to deviate, or leave it to the commander's best judgement.
Last edited by 0beron on Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 12 times in total.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Re: DotT Side Index/Reference

Postby 0beron » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:32 am

Creature Compendium
Dwagons
  • Red 25/14/8/35/Fire Breath, Mount(3), Flight
  • Blue 25/14/8/35/Lightning Breath, Mount(3), Flight
  • Purple 25/12/8/35/Sonic Breath, Siege, Mount(3), Flight
  • Pink 22/8/8/35/Bubble, Mount(3), Flight
  • Yellow 22/8/8/35/Battlecrap, Mount(3), Flight
  • Green 22/8/8/35/Acid Breath, Mount(3), Flight
Beasts
  • Wulf 11/5/5/12/Packmind
Last edited by 0beron on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby ETheBoyce » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:08 am

Tenton
Ruler: Overlord Scwartz
Colors: Red. Black, and Blue
Livery: A pair of overly muscled red arms flexing over a field of bruises

ETheBoyce wrote:I guess I should have asked about the cost of flying and the ranged/flying combo, but my side is otherwise ready

Side Name: Tenton
Colors: Red, Black, and Blue
Leader Name: Overlord Schwartz
Preferred Terrain: Plains
Caster Preference: Dollamancer, Dirtamancer
Caster Non-Preference: Croakamancer, Turnamancer
Side Bonus: +2 to all units

Side Flavor- Bigger is better, stronger is better, and Tenton is bigger and stronger than your puny side! Just look at your units, they are so small! Now look at Tenton, see the difference!? Overlord Schwatz and crew are going to pump you up, or beat you up...or beat you up!

Infantry

Stabber- Crushers (8/6/2/5)
Crushers actually use two-handed swords, but the size of them are such that they are more like bludgeoning instruments rater than cutting blades

Whompers (Stabbers) (10/4/5/5 Garrison)
Whompers fight with hammers of ridiculous size, they pack a punch but are unwieldy their armor further slows them down but keeps them well protected

Compos (Pikers) (5/11/0/5 Ranged, Garrison)
Compos are small in body, but huge in arm from all their...target practice. Which is good because they wield bows as tall as they are, which they us to devastating effect

Discus (Scouts) (3/2/0/20 Scout, Flying)

These stone creatures are hurled can maintain the force with which they are thrown indefinitely

Brawler (Knights) (13/9/8/5 Rider, Siege)

Weapons are for the weak! The Brawler fights with his fists,feet, and forehead and punches with such force that walls crumble beneath their blows

Specials

Treadmare (A) (20/5/5/12 Heavy, Mount, Speed Boost, Beast)
An unusual mount the Treadmare is a meaty beast that can provide both transportation and a workout for up to 3 units

Wingman (B) (13/8/5/12 Heavy, Speed Boost, Flying, Ranged, Knight)

Nothing annoys Tenton units more than not being able to reach someone to clobber them, the Wingman helps them out by being able to deal with those annoying guys

Personal Trainer (C) (17/10/6/10 Heavy, Speed Boost, Leadership, Dance fighting, Fabrication, Ranged, Knight)
The strongest units always need someone to keep them at the top of their game, and filling that need is the Personal Trainer capable of jazzercising a unit to its full potential and making sure the units under its care have everything they need to succeed

Atlast (D) (22/12/10/19 Heavy, Sonic Attack (Siege), Speed Boost+, Toxin, Earthshaker)

A Brawler on steroids an Atlast's hits so hard that their fists break the sound barrier, your bones, and even the very earth itself
ETheBoyce
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sir Shadow » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:16 pm

Zorastar
Ruler: Emperor Oximandus Cotton (Royal)
Colors: Jade, Silver, Cerulean
Livery: Silver shooting star over a blue field in a jade circle

Favored Terrain: Hills
Side Bonus: +2 to all Units

Infantry Units
  • Stabber - (8/3/5/5) (30)
  • Piker - (10/4/5/5; garrison) (20)
  • Archer - (5/11/0/5; garrison, ranged) (30)
  • Scout - (3/2/0/20; flight, scout) (30)
  • Knight - (13/10/7/5; frightening, rider) (90+10)

Special Units
  • Special A; Maiden - Knight(8/2/3/6; fabrication, rider, simple findamancy, surveyor) (60+10)
    Maidens are beautiful woman that maintain the empire’s cities. They are polite and chaste and well versed in the management of cities and skills of housekeeping. They use their women’s intuition to find resources for the empire to use and benefit from.
  • Special B; Bolt - Beast(13/5/5/12; heavy, burrowing, mount, speed boost, toxic) (60+10)
    Long, lanky lizards with poisonous fangs, Bolts come in all colorations and travel through the ground nearly as fast as the land. They are capable of taking on riders and are the main steeds of the empire.
  • Special C; Siren - Knight(15/7/5/4; rider, leadership, dance-fighting, simple naughtymancy) (120+20)
    Unlike the Maiden, Siren’s use their vicious beauty to their advantage, dancing around dazzled foes like a deadly dervish. Others are so enthralled by their beauty that they too are pulled into the dance, and even the croaked cannot resist them.
  • Special D; Bullet - Beast(22/12/4/51; heavy, flight, lightning breath, mount, siege, speed boost+ x3) (300+50)
    Bullets are the ultimate method of transportation. Their speed is unparalleled and their combat capabilities are not to be sniffed at. Masters of hit-and-run tactics, they are capable of harrying an enemy into submission.
Last edited by Sir Shadow on Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demon Lord Etna wrote:Looks like I have to resort to the politician's golden rule: "If they can't prove it, deny, deny, deny."
Sir Shadow

Location: When you reach the border of hell, turn right. Can't miss me.

Postby GWvsJohn » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Side Name: Dwagonbone
Colors: red, white, black
Ruler Name: King Egon the Conqueror
Livery: A diagonal red slash on a black field with two white silhouettes of dwagons, one above the slash, one below
Preferred Terrain: Mountain
Caster Preference: pro: Turnamancer, Moneymancer
con: Dirtamancer, Dollamancer
Flavor: Aegon Targaryan meets the Ghostbusters
Side bonus: +2 custom points

GWvsJohn wrote:Side Name: Dwagonbone
Colors: red, white, black
Ruler Name: King Egon the Conqueror
Preferred Terrain: Mountain
Caster Preference: pro: Predictamancer, Turnamancer
con: Dirtamancer, Dollamancer
Flavor: Aegon Targaryan meets the Ghostbusters
Side bonus: +2 custom points

Infantry
  • Stabber - (5/6/4/5) (30)
    Stabbers are simple infantry comfortable on attack or defense.
  • Ghost (Piker) - (7/2/9/5/garrison) (20)
    Armed with massive white shields adorned with a single red slash, King Egon's Ghosts have a proud history of standing in front of other troops and absorbing arrows. They are popped as garrison units, meaning that they start with no move, they can be upgraded to field units for 50 schmuckers. This raises their upkeep to 30.
  • Buster (Archer) - (5/11/0/5/garrison, ranged) (30)
    Busters are armed with high tech crossbows, powered by a lightning charged backpack. They are popped as garrison units but can be upgraded for 50 schmuckers, raising their upkeep to 40.
  • Slime (Scout) - (3/0/0/22/ flight, scout) (30)
    Floating blobs of green goo, Slimes are usually kept out in the field so as to avoid nauseating other units. They also have the “scout” special which give them very limited thinkamancy.
  • Ecto (Knight) - (10/11/11/5/rider)(90+10)
    Ectos are knight-class infantry. They hit hard and fast but are not as hardy as similarly classed units. They are rarely seen other than mounted on their signature stony hounds.

Specials
  • Terror (A) - (13/5/8/18/heavy, mount, speed x2) (60+10)
    Terrors are massive hounds with skin as hard as stone. They make fearsome guard dogs and surprisingly fast mounts for King Egon's knights.
  • Puff (B) - (13/14/5/6/heavy) (60+10)
    The fluffy white stuff of nightmares, Puffs are the lumbering hammer of King Egon's ground forces.
  • Drake (C) - (17/6/13/16/heavy, flying, mount, speedx2) (120+20)
    Weaker cousins of King Egon's prized Dwagons, drakes are usually used as flying mounts to provide leadership to stacks of Dwagons.
  • Lava Dwagon (D) - (19/16/12/19/heavy, flight, speed+, fire breath, siege) (300+50)
    The pride of King Egon's forces and the source of his power. Fast, strong in attack and defense, equally adept at assaulting troops and cities, Lava Dwagons are among the most powerful units on Erf. Lava Dwagons have several advantages over their close relatives, the more common Red Dwagon. A Lava Dwagon's fire breath is mixed with molten lava making it more effective against both troops and city walls. A Lava Dwagon's scales are akin to volcanic rock, much tougher than a Red Dwagon. In exchange or these benefits a Lava Dwagon is slower and less hardy than a Red. If possible, a Lava is also more ornery than a Red and will rarely tolerate a rider.
Last edited by GWvsJohn on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
I know how it works. And I'm not that confident.
GWvsJohn

Postby 0beron » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:42 pm

Clarification on Scouts and their abilities:
  • Scouts reveal the hex they are in, as well as all adjacent hexes to a certain degree. They always see the terrain type of adjacent hexes, as well as any structures or other upgrades.
  • In "open" terrain they also spot units in adjacent hexes, but can only count number of stacks and note the presence or absence of leadership in said stacks. In "obscured" terrain, they can only spot the presence of units, without the ability to count them. If in the same hex, they can count exact troop numbers.
  • A scout can also count troop numbers from an adjacent hex if the terrain is open, and they expose themselves by standing in clear view on the hex border to get a good look.
  • All of the above assumes no stealth or magic is in play.
  • Scouts have limited Natural Thinkamancy that allows them to communicate their findings to Command Units within 6 hexes of them. Beyond this range, they can still receive the basic "go to x destination" orders allowed by a Ruler's Natural Thinkamancy, or act on standing orders "Patrol [a specified path] repeatedly".
  • Scouts may extend this range by "relaying" information through other Scouts within their range, but these reports are less detailed than reporting directly to a Command Unit. See example below of how the same Scout's report would appear through both methods, for clarification.
    • Direct Report: Scouted X terrain (this would show up on your War Room Map), at hex ___ I spotted 3 Haffaton stacks, 1 with leadership. At hex ___ I spotted a level 1 Haffaton city. At hex ____ spotted 1 stack of an unknown side.
    • Relayed Report: Scouted X terrain (same as above), spotted 2 different sides, and one city at hex ____.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Movement Errata
  • Movement always has to "round down", meaning that a unit must have all the Move required to enter a Hex. So if for example a non-mountain unit tries to enter a Mountain hex with only 2 move remaining, they fail.
  • Regardless of terrain type, units always treat their side's cities as having a Move cost of 1. This benefit extends to allies.
  • Barbarians, Natural Allies, and Wild Beasts all act at Dawn, and lose their Move when this "communal turn" ends. Wild Beasts however will regain any Move they had remaining IF they are successfully Tamed later that same day. Newly acquired Natural Allies will immediately refresh their full Move if a side acquires them.
Some Wild Beasts have been added to the Compendium, either because you have all encountered them, or their stats are commonly known because of their infamy.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:34 am

Experience & Leveling
The precise mechanics of leveling are a mystery to Erflings, with one exception. Because Courtiers' only notable source of XP is the supervision of cities, the amount of time it takes to level from such activities has become known and thus predictable.
  • As stated in the rules, a Courtier gains XP equal to the level of the city they are managing each turn.
  • In order to level, a Courtier requires a cumulative XP total of:
    • Level 2: 16
    • Level 3: 64
    • Level 4: 256
    • And so on, multiplying by 4 each time.
I will rely on you guys to track your own Courtiers' leveling progress, so look back to determine how much XP they currently have and continue doing so going forward.

Motherlode
Again to take some of the "lode" off my plate and ensure the game continues to run smoothly, I am entrusting you all to manage your own Motherlode chance if you have Mines. You can roll a physical d% for it, use an online roller, or use a spreadsheet like Excel to serve as a random number generator. There's no need to include your rolls in the messages, simply let me know when one begins and then keep track of how long it will last on your own.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:46 am

Added some info to the leveling section. I think I've told you all about the leveling of basic infantry, but now its there for future reference in case you forget.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Clarification on City Building
For the purpose of building and upgrading, cities are divided into 2 categories. Ones built on Capital Sites (regardless of whether they are being treated as actual capitals) and normal city sites. Here are the rules as they apply to each:
Capital Sites:
  • Not bound to any kind of template, each one may be completely unique.
  • The commander performing the upgrade or founding the city has complete and total control over it's stats.
  • If given orders to this effect, commanders will always obey their Ruler when upgrading/founding such sites, but because their own mind is the source of the "blueprint" the city may come out LOOKING different than the ruler intended. The commanders will however faithfully fulfill all stat requirements ordered of them.
  • The one restriction is that Royal sides must always purchase a Throne Room at any level 1 capital site the build on. Failure to do so would mean that if you ever lose your first capital, the secondary one would be an ineligible alternative, and your side would go Barbarian.

Normal Cities
  • Bound to a uniform side-wide template, in both stats AND general appearance/architecture
  • This template is decided by the Ruler, regardless of location.
  • The first time a city of a given level is built, the Ruler must then decide (if they haven't already) what the stats are for that level of the template.
  • The commander founding/upgrading the site may deviate by 10% from a stats perspective, but will only do so if their ruler orders it. When doing so, the Ruler may specify how exactly to deviate, or leave it to the commander's best judgement.
  • No deviation from the architecture/appearance will ever occur.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:27 pm

Nuffin
Last edited by Kaed on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:30 pm

Note in light of the above:
All rules as written here assume standard mechanics without any intervention from magic.

Also, I prefer to keep this thread clean of conversation so that it doesn't get cluttered or anything, that's what PMs or the Game Discussion Thread is for. Chalk it up to my awful OCD haha.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Mikalyaran » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:15 pm

The Zerk
Ruler: Overlord Zeduno
Colors: Yellow, Black, and Blood red
Livery: Black outline of an Orc face on on a yellow background with blood diagonally across the face.
Side Special: All units have the chance to pop with the rider special.
Favored Caster: Moneymancer, Thinkamancer
Non-Fav Caster: Luckamancy, Date-a-mancy

Template Name Hts/At/Df/Mv Upkeep Special Notes
Stabber Swordzerker 5/6/2/5 30 -
Piker Pikezerker 7/4/5/5 20 - F. Upgrade: 50/30
Archer Bowzerker 5/7/2/5 30 - F. Upgrade: 50/40
Mount Warg 6/2/2/18 30 Mount
Knight Stuffzerker 10/12/8/5 90+10 Rider
Special A Dire Warg 8/5/5/18 60+10 Mount, Sp. boost x2
Special B Night Fury 8/4/4/18 60+10 Toxin(Lightning), Sp. boost x2, flight
Special C Ogre Wrecker 17/9/8/10 120+20 Heavy, Siege, Speed Boost, Builder, Surveyor
Special D Twoll Shaman 16/6/8/19 300+50 Heavy, Fabrication, Flight, Tactical Special: Leadership, Simple Shock, Rhyme, or Heal-amancy
Mikalyaran
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Return to Your Games