Sweeping Dwagon

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon May 13, 2013 5:37 pm

Adreena buys Wildthwing the biggest sturdiest shield she can find. She will pay for work to put a large spike in the centre and smaller forward facing spikes around the circumference as long as time allows for the modifications.
(if the work is carried out she will present it to Wildthwing and explain it can also be used to hit things as well as block hits)
"Wildthwing I will also need the short 'arrows' or I will not be able to shoot things. Is there anything else you want?"
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1136
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby ETheBoyce » Mon May 13, 2013 9:31 pm

Doctor Love Shack does not have a good feeling about this mission, in fact he thinks it smells like death...his death potentially and he wants no part of that. The best way not to die is naturally to convince people not to kill you and so he goes to a house of..."companionship" for training in how better to charm, entice, and generally persuade others to do what he wants them too...and then spends a few schmuckers for a few hours of the more common service.
ETheBoyce
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Mon May 13, 2013 10:20 pm

On the way back from Staeve's Armourisms, Adreena gets the feeling someone is watching her.

She turns to see a man in a grey cloak reaching out to tap her on the shoulder.

"Oh. Hey."

"I thought it was you. I saw you in the hex with Balen earlier thisturn."

"It all sounded too dangerous to me. Did you stay to sign up? Where's the mission going?
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby MarbitChow » Mon May 13, 2013 10:35 pm

Sing will dump all of his newly acquired Schmuckers into picking up another spell for his spellbook: "Countermagic". Sing mumbles to himself, "the best way to deal with another caster is to make sure they never cast, then let your fighters take them out. Well, except for that one hippiemancer chick; there was a much better way to deal with her. Ah, yes, she looked good in ribbons..."
User avatar
MarbitChow
 
Posts: 2510
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 am

Adreena smiles a hard-lipped smile
" Your sharp eyes do you credit....yet, you did not see me sign ?
I'm afraid I know naught of the mission . If your interest is not slaked the female elf with the haughty manner...erm...I forget her name, should know more. She seemed to be in charge. I'll tell her to look out for you......
" She leaves a pause for the man to fill with a name.

She tries to casually scan the surroundings, looking for exits or city guards, tensing herself for flight should she spot others interested in her. She will also note as much as she can about the man, specifically, weapons, footwear and anything that might distinguish him.
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1136
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Tue May 14, 2013 6:49 am

Adreena makes a Perception check, but sees nothing out of the ordinary. There is quite a crowd of units walking past. No one seems to be watching.

The man in Grey looks quite ordinary, with no noticeable weapons or armour. He has a small moustache under a square nose. The nose seems to have been broken a couple of times.

Adreena looks down, but can't see his shoes - they are covered by the cloak, which drags on the flagstones.

No, I didn't stop long enough to see anyone sign. I left before the lookamancer gave me one of those looks.

I would be interested in meeting the "haughty" elf. Any idea where I could find her? Maybe I can still sign on... although it would still mean working for Balen Bond - and I'm not quite that crazy. Desperate, maybe.

My name is Sy, by the way. And your name?
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue May 14, 2013 7:17 am

" A lookamancer...you say ? So what was he doing, do you think ?. I thought he might be sizing us for a uniform. Who knows ? They tell us nothing."

She starts walking towards the nearest crowd going the way she was facing

"Seems you know more than me Sy, come... we can walk as we talk. Perhaps I'm more unremarkable that I thought as you do not have my name, even though I announced it to all in the hex. " *Feigns disappointment* " I'm Adreena, though I cannot hold your memory against you since mine is as bad, it seems. I'm heading back to my assigned stack so perhaps the elf will be there or mayhap not. She did not let us in on her plans..... "
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1136
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Tue May 14, 2013 8:26 am

"Sure, I'll walk with you - Adreena, you say? Is that name Quelsh? I knew a Quelshian sentry called 'Ahina' once.

You did not notice the lookamancer? He studied your face, I assume? I did not stay to see, but it is what Balen likes to do. There is a trace on you, I'll wager. If you don't show up at your unknown destination, that lookamancer will be able to find you anywhere on this whole southern continent. Maybe anywhere on the erf.

Let's just say that if Balen wants to find you, you'll be found.

So you've signed up with an elf? A female elf?"
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue May 14, 2013 8:47 am

" Oh, I noticed him well enough. But I had no-idea what he was about." *she shrugs* " You may find it hard to believe but I'm not used to men staring at me, so I tend to notice it. " *a small chuckle* " Though you seem to know what he was about, well enough, and Balen's methods...are you familiar with the mancies ? You have style of a mancer, if not exactly the face for one"
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1136
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Tue May 14, 2013 3:31 pm

Ferrr-Durrrp!

The man in grey looks up to the sky. It has grown dark.

"The turn is ending. I'd better head back to my lodging. It has been pleasant to speak with you.

If you see your Elf mistress, tell her I might be interested in signing up. I'm not a mancer. I'm an acrobat by profession.

Will I see you in the town nextturn?"



Players may make final actions before the turn begins again nextturn, when you are due at the docks.
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby WhirdCheese » Tue May 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Due to his receiving a shield Wildthwing will figure out if he can wield his greataxe one-handed. If he can't he'll swing by the armorments store and pick up an axe. He'll then sleep out on the docks where they're supposed to meet in the morning.

He also keeps an eye out for any food/schmuckers on the ground
WhirdCheese
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Tue May 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Wildthwing finds that he cannot swing his Battle Axe one-handed, and so goes to the Armoury to purchase a simple Axe.

He finds no coins or food on the street (the Beggar's Guild is far too efficient), and sleeps the night phase on the docks. He awakes cold and hungry.

Characters and Stats...
Spoiler: show
Name: Shack [ETheBoyce]
Race: Human Profession: Healer
STR 2 DEX 2 INT 3 SPT 4
Agility 3 Craft 6 Fighting 3 Knowledge 6 Perception 6
Persuasion 11 Shooting 4 Speed 3 Stealth 5 Toughness 5

Weapons: Mace, 3 Hunting Spears
Armour: Light Armour
Special: Healer. Once per phase, a Healer can touch a wounded Character to restore to full health, or a "KO'd" character to restore to wounded. Cwoaked is another matter…
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Tent, Writing Set, Potion of Healing.
Funds in hand: 95


Name: Wildthwing [WhirdCheese]
Race: Twoll Profession: Wilder
STR 5 DEX 3 INT 1 SPT 2
Agility 5 Craft 3 Fighting 9 Knowledge 1 Perception 3
Persuasion 3 Shooting 3 Speed 8 Stealth 4 Toughness 9

Weapons: Battle Axe, Axe
Armour: Light Armour, Shield
Special: Survival. A Wilder can use their perception skill to track animals and enemies, as well as find food and water.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Hammer, Pick, Grapnel.
Funds in hand: 80


Name: Singthis Corrosion [MarbitChow]
Race: Elf Profession: Caster
STR 1 DEX 1 INT 5 SPT 4
Agility 1 Craft 6 Fighting 1 Knowledge 13 Perception 9
Persuasion 7 Shooting 5 Speed 1 Stealth 4 Toughness 4

Weapons: Staff, Pointy Hat, Spellbook, Longbow (12 arrows)
Spells: Fire Bolt: If a Caster makes a Shooting check this automatically casuses a wound. Range 30'; Invisibility: Caster cannot be seen for 3 phases unless he attacks an enemy or casts a spell; Teleport: Caster disappears and reappears at any point he can see within 60'; Countermagic: This disrupts a spell targeted at the Caster and nullifies it. This is the only spell that can be cast as an immediate reaction and not on the Caster's turn. It can only be cast once per turn.
Armour: None
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Chalk, Small Mirror, Writing Set.
Funds in hand: 0


Name: Adreena [Werebiscuit]
Race: Human Profession: Scout
STR 1 DEX 4 INT 3 SPT 3
Agility 7 Craft 8 Fighting 4 Knowledge 5 Perception 6
Persuasion 5 Shooting 8 Speed 4 Stealth 9 Toughness 3

Weapons: Dagger, 3 Hunting Spears, Crossbow (16 bolts), Atatl (over-encumbered)
Armour: Light Armour, Shield
Special: Infiltration: A Scout can try to open locked doors using their craft skill.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Lockpicks, Mirror, Pot of Grease, Spade.
Funds in hand: 125


Name: Craven [Swodaems]
Race: Marbit Profession: Warrior
STR 3 DEX 5 INT 2 SPT 1
Agility 11 Craft 6 Fighting 10 Knowledge 3 Perception 2
Persuasion 1 Shooting 6 Speed 8 Stealth 5 Toughness 3

Weapons: Sword, Sling (20 bullets)
Armour: Light Armour, Light Shield.
Special: A Warrior can attack twice in a phase, if he has not moved, against any adjacent enemy.
Other Kit: Clothing, Hooded Cloak, Backpack, Bedroll, Rope (30’), Flint & Steel, Knife, Flask of Oil, Lantern, Sack, Three Sea Shells, Water Flask, Crowbar, Pole (8'), Iron Spikes (x6)
Funds in hand: 200
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby WhirdCheese » Tue May 14, 2013 8:05 pm

Wildthwing looks for someplace to get something to eat. Or just food. Either is fine with him.
WhirdCheese
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed May 15, 2013 4:03 am

OOC Can Adreena tell what she needs to shed to rid herself of over encumbrance ?

She would be willing to dispense with the alatl, the shield and 2 spears giving out the shield and spears to any companions that wish. /OOC

Adreena will head back to where she left her companions and ask around for Jax. If she cannot find her she will spend a few schmuckers on a good inn with a hearty supper and breakfast. If she can find her she will relate the tale of her encounter with Sy leaving out the part about the lookamancer. The only person she will discuss the lookamancer with would be Sing and only if she can separate him from the others. ( Will RP it out with Marbit)
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1136
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Wed May 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Fer-Durrp!

The turn dawns, dark and foggy. The stack assembles at the Docks as per orders. Wildthwing slept here, the others stayed in a comfortable inn, the "Tool's Head".
Adreena looked for Jax, but to no avail. She did not get a chance to speak to Sing alone.

It seems strange that a city should have Docks for a small inland sea, but here they are. A large Warehouse structure stands empty on the shore, and a single long wharf stretches out into the water. A few boxes and crates stand on the wharf, but there does not seem to be any boats or ships tied to the wharf. The whole place seems deserted. Apparently no one from the City comes here very often.
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Wed May 15, 2013 4:00 pm

The end of the Wharf is lost in the mist, so the Stack decide to go to the far end and see if there are any boats down there. Jax has to be here somewhere, right?

The stack are most of the way out when Adreena stops them. Footsteps. Coming from behind them.

The man in grey comes out of the mist... "Oh, hey, Adreena. I thought I might find you here. Is your friend not here? Typical elf. They've all got a bit of the tardy in them, no matter what they say."

"Are you sure we're in the right place? What exactly did she tell you?"
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Swodaems » Wed May 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Have we seen any trace of the other two stacks that were to meet Jax here along with us?
Swodaems
 
Posts: 620
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:52 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Wed May 15, 2013 5:02 pm

No sign of the other stacks...
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu May 16, 2013 4:14 am

" Oh hello, Sy" She gives a short humourless snort
" Again, you seem to know more about our meeting than we do. Mayhap we should be asking you where the elf is...."

She turns from Sy towards the group, her friendly smile fading to a scowl the moment she is sure he cannot see

" Stack, this is Sy. An acrobat by profession looking to meet our employer and mayhap join up with us."

She scans the mist behind the group looking for signs of trouble and tries to attune her ears for any sounds of activity to her rear.
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1136
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Sweeping Dwagon

Postby LTDave » Thu May 16, 2013 7:56 am

"Mayhap. Mayhap not."

Sy gives a careful smile.

"I've no interest in signing up with Balen Bond or the flying elf. I'm afraid that was just a little con, Adreena. And you saw through it quite well. I represent, well, a syndicate of individuals who have interests in ending Balen's little games. The syndicate wants information on what he is doing. They are willing to pay handsomely. Let's start with the mission, and five hundred schmuckers."

Sy stops smiling.

"Why did Balen hire over a hundred mercenaries last turn, and where they all going? Time to speak up."
User avatar
LTDave
 
Posts: 2340
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:53 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest