Marbit Island - The Far Side of the World - COMPLETED

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Marbit Island - The Far Side of the World

Postby Lamech » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:30 am

I grab M4!
Lamech

Postby Lamech » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:34 am

I don't think that those are food bushes... however there is a mushroom we can harvest from.

M4
Harvest food from the Mushroom

Eat
Uproot small bush
Plant berry

Anyway, we need axes to produce more wood and items, not spears.
Lamech

Postby Werebiscuit » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:59 am

Lamech wrote:I don't think that those are food bushes... however there is a mushroom we can harvest from.

M4

Eat
Uproot small bush
Plant berry

There will still be an axe at the end of the combat, however if we do not stack up there may be no marbits to use it.
There do not appear to be any fruit bushes so I'm guessing we'll have to explore or die...and thats where the spears may come in handy.
Werebiscuit

Postby Exate » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:25 pm

I'll snag M7.

M7 will equip anything available from inside the chest after M5 opens it (particularly that Helm if it's there), then stack up and attack the creature.
Exate
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Werebiscuit wrote:
Lamech wrote:I don't think that those are food bushes... however there is a mushroom we can harvest from.

M4

Eat
Uproot small bush
Plant berry

There will still be an axe at the end of the combat, however if we do not stack up there may be no marbits to use it.
There do not appear to be any fruit bushes so I'm guessing we'll have to explore or die...and thats where the spears may come in handy.

That's why we're planting berries. Anyway, you guys should be fine with even a couple marbits.
Lamech

Postby Swodaems » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:28 pm

Assuming I can pick up rocks to use as crude weapons:

M3 "Rod':
Grab 2 rocks
Stack for combat
Eat
Craft Rock axe tool
Swodaems

Postby LTDave » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:57 pm

One Marbit remains - M6.

Q: I see 2 iccons that I am interpreting as rock piles for rocks of different sizes. Is this correct? And how big are the rocks in each pile relative to us?
A: Correct. One pile is of small rocks, the other is of large (too big to carry) rocks.

Q: Does the Rock axe require the rock tool to create?
A: Yes - it is a rock attached to a stick. You always need a tool to make an item (not a Weapon - so the Sword cannot be used to make items).

Q: Does the Green creature look like it could be friendly? Or does it look like it wants to attack anything near it? (Could it possibly be tamed?)
A: It could go either way.

Q: Could we use the rocks to fight the creature if needed? Could we simply pick them up and use them as bludgeons? Could we throw the rocks at it?
A: The rocks have a +1 to Combat, so can be used to fight. Marbits can also fight without weapons or tools of any kind, but are less effective.

M5 spends two actions trying to open the Chest by kicking it, but finds it has no effect. It is of very sturdy construction.

M8 looks at the bushes - they have no berries or fruit - just leaves. The leaves are unpalatable. Cook decides that the bushes could really only be used for wood - and not much wood at that.

M4 - are you eating from the Mushroom or from the Stores?
LTDave

Postby Lamech » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:03 pm

I'm gonna go with a shroom. Just to see what happens. Also fulfill my daily allotment of risk. However, I am planting a berry from the stores though.
Last edited by Lamech on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lamech

Postby CroverusRaven » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Gonna Claim M6, call him Monk

Monk Will join the group and fight the creature. After it has been harvested for rations he will take its hide, then start making basic armor, then finish making basic armor.
CroverusRaven

Postby KF25 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:29 pm

I call next popped marbit.
KF25

Postby Lamech » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:31 pm

We do have berries in the food store right so I can plant one?
Lamech

Postby Swodaems » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:42 pm

I see that the orders I posted last time were ignored because I forgot to bold them. Just as well, they needed changing. Apparently, everyone wants to fight the creature instead of tame it.

M3 'Rod':
Picks up 2 rocks
Eats
Stacks to fight Green Creature
attempts to break open chest with rocks
Swodaems

Postby WhirdCheese » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:02 pm

M5 will spend the rest of the turn kicking at the dust looking for seeds.
WhirdCheese

Postby LTDave » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Turn 1
Actions: . . . .
M2 Picks up Sword makes Spear waits to stack up to attack Creature Can't make spear - no tool Attacks Creature - 4 hits inflicted 2 hits taken in reply
M5 is mine again! He kicks open the treasure chest and loots! M5 will spend the rest of the turn kicking at the dust looking for seeds. The Chest is super tough, and cannot be opened. The Ground is very hard, and made mostly of rock. There is no dust, and definitely no seeds.
M1 takes the Axe M1 crafts a single spear! (Gathers Rock, Start Making Spear, Finish making Spear)
M8 Cook will stack up to attack the creature, Attacks Creature - 2 hits inflicted - creature slain - 6 food harvested Harvest Mushroom x 3
M4 Harvest food from the Mushroom Eat Uproot small bush no tool - takes 2 actions - 1 wood generated
M7 will equip anything available from inside the chest after M5 opens it (particularly that Helm if it's there), then stack up and attack the creature. Chest not open - creature cwoaked - defaults to eat and singing
M3 "Rod': Grab 2 rocks [Gather Rocks x2] Rod finds a Rock tool, and a shiny pebble Eats Fights green creatures - already cwoaked attempts to break open chest with rocks - no success
Monk Will join the group and fight the creature. After it has been harvested for rations he will take its hide, then start making basic armor, then finish making basic armor.

Unit Status
Spoiler: show
Name
M1 (The Colonel) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M2 (Werebiscuit) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 2 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M3 "Rod" (Swodaems) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M4 Lamech Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M5 (WhirdCheese) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M6 "Monk" (CroverusRaven) Combat 2, Defence 3, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M7 (Exate) Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1
M8 "Cook" Combat 2, Defence 2, Hits 4 /4, Move 4, Level 1

Equipment Details
Sword Weapon, +3 Combat Costs 2 Ore and 1 Wood
Axe Tool, +2 Combat Costs 1 Ore and 1 Wood
Rock Tool Found Item
Rock Axe Tool, +1 Combat Costs 1 Wood and 1 Rock
Spear Weapon, +2 Combat Costs 2 Wood and 1 Rock
Hide Armour Armour, +1 Defence Costs Hide

Pop Queue
YOUR NAME COULD BE HERE!

Turn 2 Starts Now. 24 hours to post orders (or sooner if all players respond sooner).

Please put all your orders in Bold, and remember to tell me your Marbit's designation (Mx) and Name if you have one. If you don't, then why?

Things to Note:
Red circles are mushroom food.
Black dots by the name indicates a Marbit is Starving.

Rules (such as they are)
Marbit Island is a play-by-post game run by me. Each player will be a Marbit, looking to survive here.
Move is the most important stat. It determines the number of actions you can take in a turn - move into other hexes, gather food, cut trees, build, etc.
Post your orders on the forum. For this game, orders will be resolved in the order in which they were posted - no editing of your posts, please!
This gives an advantage to early posters to grab equipment and resources, but allows later posters to know what has happened before they give their orders.
Marbits like to eat. At least once per turn. Marbits do not eat automatically, but must be given an order to eat.
If a Marbit is unable to eat, he will become hungry. A hungry Marbit that does not eat in their turn will become ill, or cwoak.
Marbits may hold up to two items in their hands. It takes an action to equip one or more items. Excess items are dropped in the hex.
If the weather turns bad, Marbits will need to take shelter in a hut. A hut can shelter up to six Marbits.
Combat is a dangerous game, and no one is really sure just how it works. High Combat and Defence values are good. Working as a team, or 'stack' is also good.
Marbits who do not submit orders within the allotted time will default to eating once, and then singing lewd lyrics drafted into popular musicals.
NPC Marbits may be given orders by Player Marbits. It takes one action to give a set of orders to one NPC. The first player to issue orders to an NPC controls it for that turn (no befriending).
All the necessary information should be displayed on the map, above. Any questions? Just ask.
LTDave

Postby LTDave » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:43 pm

Not shown in picture is M9 (KF25). M9 is standing by... dun dun DUNNN! the hut.
LTDave

Postby CroverusRaven » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Monk eats some rations. He looks for a rock tool. He then tries making an axe, then chops some wood.
CroverusRaven

Postby Exate » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:06 pm

We need to locate a less terrible hex. Marbits, back me up here.

M7 will head northeast, look around, and return with scouting information.
Exate

Postby Lamech » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:14 pm

I appear to be green... Is that a bad sign?

M4 Builder:
Look for a rock tool in Rock Pile
Plant Berry

Eat non-shroomfood

Rest and recover from the green
Lamech

Postby CroverusRaven » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:20 pm

"I will try and gather as much wood as I can from these bushes so we can be well equipped for whatever may be in the nearby hexes. Perhaps I can make some tools for when we find a useful food source."
CroverusRaven

Postby HerbieRai » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:44 pm

Hey guys, just noticed some rules changes. We DO NOT AUTO EAT anymore. Make sure you use an EAT action.

Cook gets a nervous look as he realizes they can't stay in this hex, and he has no equipment.

Cook EATS, Picks up a Rock, Heads NW, returns to starting hex.
HerbieRai

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games