Reactions to "A new life"

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Reactions to "A new life"

Postby Raigne » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:49 pm

Raigne only knows (well, has a strong gut feeling and some knowledge of what you can and can't do with certain kinds of knives, she can't really know for sure) that despite the punch daggers, Lothmar didn't make that wound. They aren't the right knife for the job, as it were.
I Am A: Neutral Good Human Ranger/Wizard (2nd/1st Level)
Str-10 Dex-12 Con-11 Int-16 Wis-15 Cha-13

>It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Raigne

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:43 pm

Lothmar wrote:the blanket I used to tie him to Noah

Thanks for that, by the way.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Lothmar » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:49 pm

One, the weapon is 'similiar' (meant for appearances) to a punching dagger, didnt say it was.
But true, I could see where you'd be suspicious of a d6 x2 crit weapon doing that.
Unless I happen to maybe, oh I dont know... Double BLAM-bah-Lamed! 20&20 (confirmed for both)!

But in all seriousness, you have every right to be suspicious... I for one still think this is all in my head secretly but I dont let on to such thoughts at all. XD

But unless you're insinuating the enemy priests did it; or it was the work of magic, those are probably the biggest weapons you've seen between the two of us (me and Josh), since those are the only weapons im carrying at all and all i've seen on josh was a quarterstaff.

Cmdr I. Heartly Noah wrote:
Lothmar wrote:the blanket I used to tie him to Noah

Thanks for that, by the way.

Hey, at least you were on top of the pile so you wouldnt take damage from being dragged through the woods and rough terrain. XD
Lothmar

Postby Raigne » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:02 pm

I'm not insinuating anything about what really did it. Merely observing that it would be highly unlikely that it was Lothmar, especially not with the weapons in evidence.

I for one still think this is all in my head secretly but I dont let on to such thoughts at all.

Raigne's given up trying to decide if it's a dream or not. If it's a dream, what does she gain by knowing for sure? I have had dreams that encompassed an entire lifetime and only lasted for 30 minutes before. Spending a month in the town doesn't rule it out for her, doesn't even make it less likely, she just has to stop and consider if it really matters whether it's a dream or not, at this point.

Raigne

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:57 pm

Well, for all you know it could have been me.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby MuthSera » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:37 pm

First of all, the weapon used by the cleric was a short sword. If I diddn't previously say it was present in the lewt, I'm saying it now. It's a +1.

FYI, the massive damage the cleric took was from a crit, and Lothmar's weapons and strength score more than permit it to occur.

I think I should write in some sort of "Rend" ability for Lothmar, with his blades. You know, like a troll. If he hits with both attacks in a round, he can rend for X damage.
oh god how did this get here
I am not good with computer
MuthSera

Postby Lothmar » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:47 pm

MuthSera wrote:First of all, the weapon used by the cleric was a short sword. If I diddn't previously say it was present in the lewt, I'm saying it now. It's a +1.

FYI, the massive damage the cleric took was from a crit, and Lothmar's weapons and strength score more than permit it to occur.

I think I should write in some sort of "Rend" ability for Lothmar, with his blades. You know, like a troll. If he hits with both attacks in a round, he can rend for X damage.

NO! I had an awesome idea! You remember the indianna jones movie, where the guy plunges his hand into the other guys body and pulls out his heart? If I crit using my weapon for piercing damage on the first attack (if using flurry of blows), Can I shift my hand which is now slightly inside thier body and use stunning fist with a bonus to the DC equal to damage delt because im grabbing something vital and/or painful? XD ~Imagines literally holding the other persons life in his hands~

True i'd imagine i'd be fairly open while doing that, probably lose my dex bonus for the round... But G' Damn, I dont think anyone would want to F' with the guy who just did that...
Lothmar

Postby MuthSera » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:15 am

Lothmar wrote:
MuthSera wrote:First of all, the weapon used by the cleric was a short sword. If I diddn't previously say it was present in the lewt, I'm saying it now. It's a +1.

NO! I had an awesome idea! You remember the indianna jones movie, where the guy plunges his hand into the other guys body and pulls out his heart? If I crit using my weapon for piercing damage on the first attack (if using flurry of blows), Can I shift my hand which is now slightly inside thier body and use stunning fist with a bonus to the DC equal to damage delt because im grabbing something vital and/or painful? XD ~Imagines literally holding the other persons life in his hands~

True i'd imagine i'd be fairly open while doing that, probably lose my dex bonus for the round... But G' Damn, I dont think anyone would want to F' with the guy who just did that...

Lets not.
Damn exhaustion. z_z My motivation is a fraction of parson's. 1 meal every other day and suddenly I'm down to 108(from 120) pounds, and feel weak and dizzy all the time. rofl. Lmaonade. pmsl.
MuthSera

Postby Raigne » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:21 am

How is a cleric using a short sword? Or did he just happen to be carrying it around on him?

Raigne

Postby LadyBhaal » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:54 am

I should have cast 'detect magic' on the loot

Raigne, he may not have been a pure cleric.
LadyBhaal

Postby chrono » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:10 am

Raigne wrote:Also, she's irritated because she's trying to get the body out of sight, and Chrono's all, "Wait, let me check his pockets first."

I'm still not sure how I say something along the lines of "Did you guys find anything interesting on him?" and you hear "Stop what you're doing and let me strip him naked"

Dibs on the sword :)

Also a cleric can easily use it if it's the god's favored weapon, if he has appropriate feats or gestalt/multiclass in some class with martial weapon proficiency.

Edit: @Lothmar about the kills - I was kidding (and I know you didn't "say" it IC otherwise I'd have reacted IC as well). But Joshua does have a pretty good kill count
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby MuthSera » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:18 pm

chrono wrote:Also a cleric can easily use it if it's the god's favored weapon, if he has appropriate feats or gestalt/multiclass in some class with martial weapon proficiency.

*Applause*
Thank you.
But even if the cleric had been using a cursed, -10 sword that he's not even proficient with, he can still use it, and he can sure as hell still hit with it while doing a Coup De Grace. Auto hit. Auto Crit. Nice how that works. This cleric was proficient with his weapon.
MuthSera

Postby MuthSera » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:31 pm

Mmm.
For war forged, sub dual damage is like an energy drain on their system. As their internals build up more energy, they recover from sub dual damage the same way a human might.
MuthSera

Postby Lothmar » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:33 pm

I was all "YEAH! STORY UPDATE!" When I saw muth post... But, it was but the answer to a simple question. ; ; Loe, Will I ever once again know the feeling of having my questions ignored by the avatar. XD
Lothmar

Postby Lothmar » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:16 pm

MuthSera wrote: Lothmar disappears, like a ninja. Once he gets into the crowd, it's like he vanishes entirely, being shorter than everyone else.

DANGIT! Ninja, of course! If we werent limited by core classes I think I just figured out what gestalt I would have loved to be...
Ninja CA/Ninja OA-(Complete adventurer; Rokugan campaign setting/oriental adventures respectively)
or Ninja/swashbuckler (more likely since I doubt oriental adventures is approved)
Lothmar

Postby chrono » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:19 pm

chrono wrote:Muth, can we still get gear (if we have left over from the initial 500gp)?
How about exchanging the armor/shield for lighter ones?

What I'm really asking is, can I exchange the 100gp armor that I took for 100gp worth of other gear (i.e. cheaper armor, shields, potions), etc. Even though it's untouched, it probably wouldn't fly when I deal with a normal merchant, but this is the starting and possibly most favorable town so I'd like to try ;)
If that fails, I guess trading it in for half the cost is still an option?
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Lothmar » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:30 pm

You really wont know until you speak with the appropriate merchants now will you chrono?
Lothmar

Postby LadyBhaal » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:13 pm

Yay! Finally the body is moved :) Maybe I should have complained as well, as I was obviously helping Raigne moving the body out of sight.

MuthSera wrote:Lady will be staggered if the music stops.
Well, I should go dance until I drop then :)
LadyBhaal

Postby Raigne » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:31 pm

Raigne's a big girl, Lady. The cheese almost slipping off the cracker thing at the beginning happened because ending up crazy or stupid are my greatest fears (bipolar and alzheimer's both run in my family, so both are valid) and she was squeamish about the body because it was human (or, at least, humanoid) not because of the nature of the wound or the blood everywhere. There's been a deer carcass hanging in my back yard every year for about 4 or 5 years now, complete with guts spilling out all over, so I'm used to looking at gore.

Raigne

Postby LadyBhaal » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:01 pm

OK :) I'm also used to corpses, but due to unhappy circumstances I'm used to human corpses *sigh* So the dead cleric didn't bother me at all. I hope you don't mind the spell I cast, and you have an option to avoid it.
LadyBhaal

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games