New Erf - Searching for Combat testing volunteers

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

New Erf - Searching for Combat testing volunteers

Postby Kaed » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:54 pm

I will be testing the combat system soon, today if possible and I need some volunteers. Volunteers needed.

This is purely a series of combat tests to put the mechanics to the test, no city stuff will be involved.

Current Volunteers:
-Nihila

Tests (in progress) (these are cumulative to proceeding tests)
Test 1- This will involve two parties in extremely basic combat situations. The players will each revieve 1 warlord and a stack of custom-made infantry as if they owned a side. Details will be left up to them, and submitted to me before things start.
Test 2 - Players will recieve one extra, unled stack.
Test 3 - Players recieve 1 caster of thier choice

I think that would cover most things that come up, and each test would be run several times to see how results work. Suggestions are accepted xD.

And I will be running through this with the players on a personal level, so this feels more like a game and not me throwing numbers out.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Re: New Erf - Searching for Combat testing volunteers

Postby Kaed » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:00 pm

Guess no biters, huh?
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby HerbieRai » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:42 pm

I'll have some time for the next few weeks.

Are we using the rules from the free erf forum or do you have new unit creation rules?
HerbieRai

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Hmm, I might try it out. Just not today or tomorrow though, my brain is asplode.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:19 am

As long as we are not trying to do the test in one day, I'm in.

Here are my units

Stats in H-A-D-M format
Infantry
Spoiler: show
Stabbers: Soldier: 5-4-4-3, Mountain Capable. 30 upkeep.
Soldiers are the basic infantry of Narnia and are usually wolves, dogs, ferrets, hares, foxes, panthers, cougars and other fast, hardy creatures.

Piker: Guard: 7-2-7-0(2), Mountain Capable, 20(30) upkeep--costs 50$ to promote from Garrison.
Guards are the basic defensive unit of Narnia and are usually badgers, mice, beavers, raccoons, turtles, porcupines and other tough, slower moving creatures.

Archer: Faun: 5-9-0-0(2), Mountain Capable, Ranged, 30(40) upkeep--costs 50$ to promote from Garrison.
Narnians in Erfworld refer to archery units as fauns, because most of Narnia's archers are fauns, but some dryads, marshwiggles and other creatures can be found among the archery units.

Scout: Scout: 3-1-1-9, Scout Range=6, Mountain Capable, Flight, 30 upkeep.
Narnia has a variety of scout units, such as Cherry Blossoms, Eagles, Hawks and other flying creatures.

Knight: Knight: 10-4-4-5, Rider, Mountain Capable, Ranged, Dance Fighting, Leadership, Siege, 90 upkeep.
Knighthood is conferred on Narnia's greatest warriors by the High King. Although the Knights of Narnia can be promoted from any of the creatures of Narnia, they all must be great leaders and have mastered the skills of dance fighting and riding. All Narnian knights have names, such as Sir Reepicheep or Sir Badger.

Special Units
A: Dwarf: 6/3/3/3, Mountain Capable, Surveyor, Builder, Ranged, 40 upkeep.
Dwarves provide Narnia with building and surveying capabilites and defend themselves with crossbows.

B: Centaur: 6/3/3/5, Mountain Capable, Mount, Ranged, 40 upkeep.
The centaurs provide fast transportation to Narnia's slower units and also help defend the cities with their longbows.

C: Minotaur: 9/6/6/3, Mountain Capable, Ranged, Siege, 80 upkeep.
Minotaurs provide Narnia's only capability to lay siege to cities. Because they generally prefer living in underground labyrinths, Narnia's minotaurs are rarely seen except when Caer Paravel gears up for war.

D: Dragon: 15/(9+8 vs Flying), (18+8 vs Ground)/6/20, Heavy, Mountain Capable, Fast, Fire Breath, Flight, Ranged, Mount, Battlecrap, Toxin, Upkeep 250.
The heavy hitters of Narnia units, Dragons provide a variety of capabilities to the high king.

Naval Units
Sloop: Turtle: 6/2/6/5, Cargo 8, Water Capable 60 upkeep.
Giant turtles provide ocean going capabilities for the Narnians without the complication of having to build huge shipyards.

Galley: Dawn Treader: 8/7/7/5, Cargo 16, Water Capable, Ranged, Upkeep 90.
The Dawn Treaders are beautiful ships, almost a work of art. Despite this, they are only a shadow of the great Narnian ships, such as the Swan Ships, that sailed in the Golden Age of Caer Paravel.

Galleon: Swan Ship: 10/14/14/5, Cargo 32, Water Capable, Ranged, Upkeep 130.
With the swan's head at her prow and the carved swan's wings coming back almost to her waist, the Swan Ships were the pride of Caer Paravel during the Golden Age of Narnia.

How many pop points do I have to spend on units?
Twoy

Postby Azgrut » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:02 pm

Sure, send me the required info :).
Azgrut

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon May 02, 2011 2:11 pm

Awww shite. Sorry Kaed, I just can't find the time these days. Truly sorry :(

Good luck with the test, as some volunteers have cropped up (yay!) however!
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Nihila » Tue May 17, 2011 3:35 pm

If there's still interest in this (and if we have Kaed still), you design a basic infantry unit (Stabber, Piker, Archer) and get a stack of those with a Warlord, and Kaed runs the numbers with the combat calculator.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Kaed » Wed May 18, 2011 3:07 pm

That's about the sum of it yes. One person has already submittted some stuff I believe, waiting on others.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Thu May 19, 2011 12:39 pm

We've already had a basic build up and small battle test. Here is the result of the battle where my Narnians cwoaked HerbieRai's Underopian ruler

ATTACKERS
12/9/9, Level 2 Leadership
6/3+2/3+2 (x7)
x.92 Random Number
x1.7 Stack Bonus

Attack = (9 + (3+2)*7 )*.92*1.7
Defense = (9 + (3+2)*7)*.92*1.7
69 Attack, 69 Defense

DEFENDERS
10/8/8, Level 1 Leadership
6/3+1/8+1 (x2)