Starwars DnD, kinda

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Starwars DnD, kinda

Postby Crovius » Tue May 11, 2010 12:35 pm

So I designed a DnD class called Jedi Knight. The basics is that I'm takign the DnD universe and throwing the Jedi into it. Instead of various alien races, the players interact with the different DnD races, but [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitlekt6mtovm4vne?from=Main.RecycledINSPACE]In Space[/http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitlekt6mtovm4vne?from=Main.RecycledINSPACE]. I added in the lightsaber and I'm making up some custom materials to replace the Medieval tech of DnD. So instead of a group of adventurers invading the goblin city and fighting with magic and metal, tehy'll be using force powers and their lightsabers, while the goblins would have very low quality blasters and maybe a couple fo tehm have a melee weapon that can stand up to a lightsaber for more than a round. Sundering attempts made on weapons not made from lightsaber-resistant materials have large bonuses, and the lightsabers to amazing amounts of damage, so at lower levels killing an enemy is easy with glancing blows. I'll post the actual stats for the class in a bit, but if anyone is already interested let me know. I've been working on in-universe story to work out the setting and what it means to be a "Jedi" in this universe.
Crovius

Re: Starwars DnD, kinda

Postby kriss » Tue May 11, 2010 12:56 pm

I thought there already WAS a WOTC Star Wars RPG.
I think therefore I am. This leaves you in a bad spot.

Army inteligence is sadly an oximoron these days. And no General, I did not just call you a cow.

I cut myself shaving with Occam's razor.
kriss

Postby Crovius » Tue May 11, 2010 1:12 pm

There is.

But I'm keeping it a bit simpler. It's D&D 3.5, with everything normally there but using future tech, then I added a basic class called Jedi Knight and threw in lightsabers and the Force.

I haven't tested it out yet though I have a guy that has made a character and will be testing out the class. They're very powerful, and it's designed to treat the Jedi as they were see in the movies (when not being wiped out by the clones). As in, you and maybe two buddies, all just reaching 9th level, vs a small army of battledroids (or goblins with blasters... they'd work the same).
Crovius

Postby kriss » Tue May 11, 2010 10:38 pm

Edit: Link didn't work, just google Darths & Droids.
I think therefore I am. This leaves you in a bad spot.

Army inteligence is sadly an oximoron these days. And no General, I did not just call you a cow.

I cut myself shaving with Occam's razor.
kriss

Postby Crovius » Wed May 12, 2010 10:44 am

Yeah, I've been reading it. But my force system works differently. Using force powers requires spending Force points, of which you get a certian number per level of Jedi. You can gain extra FP through feats I'm making, certain races I might tweak to give them Force points ef they choose to become Jedi, and I have 9 colors for lightsabers, of which 3 can alter how many force points you have. Four of the color give a bonus to the DC of some of your powers, one increases your speed, and the 9th color gives you an initiative bonus.

so for all intents and purposes, this is regular Dungeons and Dragon 3.5 edition, IN SPACE, with blasters, lightsabers, force fields, materials that can resist lightsabers, flying vehicles (though actually using them isn't a big thing unless you want your character to be a pilot, in which case it still is used just for transportation and occasional cool transition scenes). Every race in the DnD monster manuals that has less than 6 HD and/or has a Level Adjustment below +5 can be used as a playable "alien" race, any others are used mainly as NPCs. Posting the Jedi Knight Class later today.
Crovius

Postby Crovius » Wed May 12, 2010 1:07 pm

Here's the basics for the class. I'll be posting the different colors of lightsabers (with the bonuses they give and their cost) later. The descriptions for the specials is still being worked on, but most force powers alow you to spend a point to use the power, and spend extra points to make the power stronger. Will work on those rules more.

Jedi Knight Class v1.2
Spoiler: show
Jedi Knight Class V1.2

HD per level: 1d8
Skill points: (6+Int mod) x 4 at 1st level, (6+Int mod) per level
Starting Credits: 1d4 x 100

Starting equipment (automatically taken from your credits):
Jedi Robes (10 creds), Seal of the Jedi Order (Free), Communicator (30 creds), Lightsaber (must be able to afford)

Level BAB Fort Will Ref FP Special
1st +0 +0 +2 +2 4 Force Sensitivity, Force Push, Weapon Proficiency(Lightsaber)
2nd +1 +0 +3 +3 6 Mind Trick, Weapon Focus(Lightsaber)
3rd +2 +1 +3 +3 8 Jedi Path Level 1, Weapon Finesse
4th +3 +1 +4 +4 10 Bonus Feat
5th +3 +1 +4 +4 16 Force Stealth, Force Senses
6th +4 +2 +5 +5 18 Jedi Path Level 2, Weapon Specialization(Lightsaber)
7th +5 +2 +5 +5 20 Bonus Feat
8th +6/+1 +2 +6 +6 22 Breath Control
9th +6/+1 +3 +6 +6 24 Jedi Path Level 3, Greater Weapon Focus(Lightsaber)
10th +7/+2 +3 +7 +7 30 Bonus Feat
11th +8/+3 +3 +7 +7 32 Force Jump
12th +9/+4 +4 +8 +8 34 Jedi Path Level 4, Greater Weapon Specialization(Lightsaber)
13th +9/+4 +4 +8 +8 36 Bonus Feat
14th +10/+5 +4 +9 +9 38 Force Speed
15th +11/+6/+1 +5 +9 +9 44 Jedi Path Mastery
16th +12/+7/+2 +5 +10 +10 46 Bonus Feat
17th +12/+7/+2 +5 +10 +10 48 Force Healing
18th +13/+8/+3 +6 +11 +11 50 Hibernation Trance
19th +14/+9/+4 +6 +11 +11 52 Bonus Feat
20th +15/+10/+5 +6 +12 +12 58 Jedi Master
Last edited by Crovius on Thu May 13, 2010 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Crovius

Postby Crovius » Thu May 13, 2010 11:36 am

Ok, the lightsabers, and other items I'll introduce.

Lightsabers use crystals and the crystal is what determines the properties of the lightsaber. The double saber, liek what Darth maul uses, has two crystals in it, one at each end, so it is possible to make it two different colors, however making both the same color is usually more beneficial.

Colors are, in order fo how common they will be in the campaign: Blue, Yellow, Orange, Red, Grey, Green, White, Purple, and Black.

Lightsabers give a bonus to attack rolls, have high damage potential, have varying Crit rages, varying from x2 on a 20, to the most vicious saber doing x4 on a 17-20, all lightsabers add a Deflection bonus to armor Class, and each has a certain special bonus.

Blue - +3 to attack rolls, 2d8 damage, x2 on a 19-20, +3 deflection bonus, +1 DC all Force Powers, Cost 50 credits
Yellow - +2 to attack rolls, 3d4 damage, x2 on a 20, +3 deflection bonus, +10 Movement Speed, Cost 200 credits
Orange - +3 to attack rolls, 2d8 damage, x3 on a 19-20, +2 deflection bonus, +1 DC all Force Powers, Cost 100 credits
Red - +4 to attack rolls, 2d10 damage, x3 on a 18-20, +2 deflection bonus, +2 DC all offensive Force Powers, Cost 500 credits
Grey - +2 to attack rolls, 2d8 damage, x3 on a 20, +3 deflection bonus, +4 Force Points, Cost 400 credits
Green - +2 to attack rolls, 2d6 damage, x2 on a 20, +4 deflection bonus, +2 DC all defensive Force powers, Cost 700 credits
White - +1 to attack rolls, 2d6 damage, x2 on a 20, +5 deflection bonus, +10 Force Points, Cost 1000 credits
Purple - +4 to attack rolls, 2d12 damage, x3 on a 18-20, +2 deflection bonus, +4 Initiative, Cost 800 credits
Black - +5 to attack rolls, 3d6 damage, x4 on a 17-20, +1 deflection bonus, -10 Force Points, Cost 1000 credits
Crovius

Postby Azgrut » Wed May 26, 2010 5:58 am

I am somewhat interested. But what do all the powers the jedi recieves at each level do?

Gz!

(I do not really know a lot about the starwars universe though...)
Azgrut

Postby Crovius » Wed May 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Jedi class feature descriptions {not finished}

Force Sensitivty - The character can use Force powers and can detect the use of other force powers from 100 ft away. The character can also spend 1 force point to give them Detect Life as the spell. The character chooses Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma as their primary attribute to effect their abilities. A Jedi can spend extra Force points when using powers to increase aspects of the power, to be detailed in each power's description. A Jedi can not spend more Force points per turn than 1/2 their character level plus their chosen attribute modifier.

Force Push - The character spends a force point and send a wave of force energy at an opponent, blasting them with 1d10+(chosen attribute modifier)+(jedi level) non-lethal damage. The target makes a Fortitude save, DC 10+(1/2 jedi level)+(attribute mod); failing the save causes the target to be knocked back 5 feet, success the target takes 1/2 damage and is not knocked back. Spending extra Force points adds on of the following effects: Add 1d6 damage and 5 feet to the knockback; Spend 2 points to make the damage lethal; Spend 4 points to knockback target 1/2 the distance even if they save.

Mind Trick - A Jedi can spend 2 Force points to create a Suggestions effect, as the spell, under the following conditions: The character waves a hand in some way in the target's direction, the target can see and hear the character, the suggestion is no more than 1 sentence long, and the target has a language. The target does get a will save, DC 10+(1/2 jedi level)+(attribute mod). On a save the target is able to resist the suggestion but will still have a moment of disorientation. If they beat the DC by 5 or more however they are completely unaffected AND they have a sense that the character was trying to do something to them. Spending extra Force points adds on of the following effects: Spend 2 points the suggestion can be 5 words longer; Spend 3 points to perform the suggestion while only whispering; Spend 4 points if the target has animal-like intelligence to calm them (+5 Handle Animal and Ride checks with the target creature); Spend 5 points and the target will be unaware of the character's suggestion being placed even on a save.

Jedi Path - There are 3 distinctive paths that a Jedi can follow: Warrior, Infiltrator, and Adept. It is a sign of a young Padawan learning to focus on a certain path, chosing what he wants to excel at. The 5 levels of each path are ranked as Novice, Practiced, Skilled, Expert, and Master.
The Warrior path focuses on giving the Jedi options in combat, and unlocks several offensive powers that can prove to be useful in augmenting the Jedi Warrior-Knight's abilities.
-At 3rd level the Warrior Path teaches the Battle Stance where the Jedi takes up a stance that reduces their movement but increases their offense and defense, essentially decreasing their speed by 10 feet but giving them a bonus to attack and damage rolls of +2, and a +1 dodge bonus to Armor Class. A Jedi can spend 4 Force points to gain an additional +2 to attack and damage and and +1 to Armor Class.
-At 6th level the Warrior Path teaches a Jedi how to perform the Lightsaber Throw technique. Any Jedi could throw their lightsaber at an enemy but at a large penalty and the Jedi would have to retrieve their saber. The character spends 1 Force point to turn their lightsaber attack into a ranged touch attack with no penalty imposed and the saber will return to the character right after.
-At 9th level the Warrior Path teaches the Jedi how to use the force to augment his lightsaber, allowing him to shift into more offensive or defensive abilities. By spending 2 Force point the Jedi can take on an Aggressive stance or a Defensive stance. Aggressive stance gives them +3 attack, +3 damage, and +2 Initiative, but at -2 to their deflection modifier. Defensive stance gives them +3 to their deflection modifier, and +1 all saving throws, but at -2 attack, -2 damage, and -2 Initiative. The Aggressive or Defensive stance will stack with Battle stance.
-At 12th level the Warrior Path gives the Jedi access to the Force Wave ability. It is used similar to the Force push, except it can target as many enemies as 1/2 Jedi class levels plus their chosen attribute modifier. These targets need only be withing 20 feet of eachother. The damage and DC are the same as for Force Push, but the knockback is 10 ft instead of 5 ft. The bonuses that can be added by spending extra force points applies the same as it does for Force Push, as well as: Spending 4 Force point allows Jedi to target all enemies within 20 ft centered on the Jedi, dealing twice the normal damage, adding 4 tot eh DC, and doubling Knockback.
-At 15th level the Warrior Path reaches it's Mastery rank and the Jedi gains access to one of the most offensive attacks availalbe; Force Lightning. The Jedi makes a ranged touch attack on a single target w/i 50 feet. The target takes 6d8+(chosen attribute modifier)+(1/2 jedi level) damage, with half the damage being force damage and the other half being electric damage. If the target is a Jedi and they have a lightsaber in hand they can make a Relfex save, DC 15+(1/2 jedi level)+(attribute mod). A successful save avoids taking any damage. Using force Lightning requires the Jedi to spend 7 Force Points. An additional 3 points can be spent to add another 2d8 to the damage roll and +1 to the DC of a reflex save.

The Infiltrator path is made to teach a Jedi to bypass security, blend into his environment, and generally confuse and hamper enemies. The Jedi Infiltrator-Knight is the ultimate in espionage.
-At 3rd level the Infiltrator Path instills the Jedi with basic skills in blending in with their surroundings. It's gives a bonus equal to 1/2 their Jedi level to Hide, Move Silently, Bluff, Gather Information, and Disguise checks. They also deal bonus damage when attacking an opponent they have a combat advantage to. Damage is 1d4 and increases to 2d4 at 6th level, 3d4 at 9th level, 4d4 at 12th level, and 5d4 at 15th level. This is counted as Sneak Attack for the purpose of feats and when this can be used.
-At 6th level the Infiltrator Path further advances the Jedi's skill at getting past enemies, adding the skill bonus to Disable Device, Lockpick, Sleight of Hand, and Diplomacy, and can now reroll failed skill checks a number of times per day equal to their chosen attribute modifier. The results of a reroll must be taken unless the player choses to reroll again.
-At 9th level the Infiltrator Path gives the Jedi a power to help conceal them from enemies. Force Fade costs 3 Force points to activate and 1 point every minute (or 10 turns) tomaintain. It distorts the image of the Jedi, imposing a penalty to enemy spot checks equal to 1/2 the character's Jedi level. This even fools non-intelligent beings, cameras, and non-living enemies. Even if spotted, the Jedi has a 10% chance to dodge any incoming attack. Any other miss chance, like from the Blur spell or from having Concealment, does not stack, instead taking the highest percentage.
-At 12th level the Infiltrator Path gives the Jedi powers of misleading. Thought Distort requires 4 Force points to use and can affect 1 target within 30ft that the Jedi has line of sight with. The Target makes a Will save, DC 10+(1/2 jedi level)+(attribute mod). On a failure the character becomes confused and suffers a bought of temporary amnesia, forgetting what they were doing. They take a -4 penalty to Will saves for 1 hour as their mind is weakened, and their hostility towards the Jedi becomes neutral. On a save the target still is dazed for 5 rounds and takes a -2 to Initiative should he try attacking the Jedi. Non-living creatures and creatures with no Intelligence score are immune to this power. Targets with animal Intelligence decrease their Ride and Handle Animal DCs by 3 for 1 hour as the power makes them more docile.
-At 15th level the Infiltrator Path reaches it's Mastery Rank and learns to take espionage up another level. They can now Detect Thoughts for 1 Force Point at will, effects treated as the spell. They can

Force Stealth -
Force Senses -
Breath Cointrol -
Force Jump -
Force Speed -
Force Healing -
Hibernation Trance -
Jedi Master -
Crovius

Return to Your Games