The Battle for Gobwin Bump: Book Two

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: The Battle for Gobwin Bump: Book Two

Postby Nihila » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:05 pm

My fault, then. Sorry about that.

Sihoiba wrote:Secondly I know we lost a Huwwicane, but is it still worth having one of the four stacks to be a ranged one?

Probably not. GB's been popping Gowems and Twolls, not fliers.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:00 pm

I don't think a separate Ranged stack is, at this time, worth it. Too few units, the Huwwie is rather wounded, and since it must be attacked first, crushable.

Ok, so here's our stacks:

Team Bruiser: 2x Minotaur, 4x Demonowith, Ewephant, Huwwicane, Siege Tank, Dwaconian, 3x Minotaur, Graf Zepellin, Confessor Delacroix, Bob the Guy, General Dagnabit, King Edward, Flonne.

Team Fodder 1: Mehian Spearman (the one with no move)

Team Fodder 2: Kanite Militant

Team Fodder 3: Kanite Militant

Next, these units, since they have move, will fanout in hexes near GB:

Move to B4: {Axe Dwarf}, {Axe Dwarf}, {Axe Dwarf}

Move to B2: {Axe Dwarf}, {Axe Dwarf}, {Crossbower}, {Crossbower}

Move to C2: {Dwarf Champion}, {Axe Dwarf}, {Mehian Spearman}

Move to C3: {Dwarf Champion}, {Axe Dwarf}, {Mehian Spearman}
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Nihila wrote:Dagnabit and all Buggeral units except Blunderbuss were part of Team Insertion.

For what it's worth, my move recommendations.

C8: Dixon and Dwakvir and Dwakon Knight mount Twain, Twain moves to B5.
C8: 4x Dwakon Knights move to C6.
C8: Blunderbuss moves to C5.
C7: Field Gun moves to B5, Heavy Aimursa stays with it.
C5: Ewephant moves to B5.

And one order.
Heavy Aimursa x3, with two carrying Kanite Militants as passengers, move to E5. Daimyo moves with them.

Good suggestions, if you want, Nihila, maybe fanout the Kanites as well.

However a question before I make the suggestions official- why do you want the Twain moved forward? Dixon, Dwakvir and a Dwakon Knight can board the Field Gun, and I'm not seeing that you're using the other Dwakon Knights (not bringing them all the way to B5 anyway).

With Twain and Field Gun, we might bring everybody forward. More cannon fodder (Dwakon Knights).
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Nihila » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Erm... I forgot that units could mount the Field Gun. So, here's my new suggestions, modified to take your advice.

C8: 3x Dwakon Knights mount Twain, Twain moves to B5.
C8: Dwakon Knight mounts Blunderbuss, Blunderbuss moves to C5, Dwakon Knight dismounts and moves to B5 (it can reach the Bump under its own power, gives us some options).
C8: Dixon, Dwakvir, and last Dwakon Knight move to C7, mount Field Gun. Field Gun moves to B5.
C7: Heavy Aimursa moves to B5.

Summary: all units are now capable of reaching the Bump under their own power, including the shiny-fetching detachment.

Speaking of the shiny-fetching detachment,

Kanite Militant 1 moves from E5 to G4. Kanite Militant 2 moves from E5 to E3.

If they find any unit in any of these hexes, they will certainly die instantly, after we find out what they accidentally engaged.

BLAND, do you want me to officially make that Peasant unit or not?
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:57 am

Nihila wrote:BLAND, do you want me to officially make that Peasant unit or not?

Give me some more time. We'll see what next turn brings.

Meanwhile, these are official:

C8: 3x Dwakon Knights mount Twain, Twain moves to B5.
C8: Dwakon Knight mounts Blunderbuss, Blunderbuss moves to C5, Dwakon Knight dismounts and moves to B5 (it can reach the Bump under its own power, gives us some options).
C8: Dixon, Dwakvir, and last Dwakon Knight move to C7, mount Field Gun. Field Gun moves to B5.
C7: Heavy Aimursa moves to B5.

And here's an addition:

Once at B5, the Dwakon Knights dismount and destack. Each forms his/her own stack.

(EDIT: stacking at B5 needs clarifiaction anyway: {Heavy Aimursa} 4x{Dwakon Knight}, {Twain, Blunderbuss the Siege Tank, Field Gun, Dixon, Lord Dwakvir(leads)}(Ranged), {Ewephant})

Ok, I PM-ed LtDave, and once he resolves that Kanite order our turn ends. Let's see what the next one brings.

It will very likely not be pretty.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:48 pm

Both G4 and E3 are empty.

I'm a bit confused on where everything of the Alliance is. Can I have an updated list please?

Sorry about delays, I've been travelling recently.
LTDave

Postby Nihila » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:08 pm

One quick order: Light Aimursas move to E5

And, now the requested unit listing

B10: 2 Twains, 3 Garrison Minotaurs, High King Peter
C5: Blunderbuss (Siege Tank)
(Blunderbuss can only get to C5, BLAND.)
B5: {Heavy Aimursa} 4x{Dwakon Knight} {Twain, Field Gun, Dixon, Lord Dwakvir(leads)}-is ranged, {Ewephant}
G4: Kanite Militant
E3: Kanite Militant
E5: {3x Heavy Aimursa, 2x Light Aimursa, Daimyo}, {SteamFly{2xFusiliers, 1xSkirmisher}, 2x{Copperhead}, Kettwey, Viper APU, Gyroscope}
B4: {Axe Dwarf}, {Axe Dwarf}, {Axe Dwarf}
B2: {Axe Dwarf}, {Axe Dwarf}, {Crossbower}, {Crossbower}
C2: {Dwarf Champion}, {Axe Dwarf}, {Mehian Spearman}
C3: {Dwarf Champion}, {Axe Dwarf}, {Mehian Spearman}
B3: {2x Minotaur, 4x Demonowith, Ewephant, Huwwicane, Siege Tank, Dwaconian, 3x Minotaur, Graf Zepellin, Confessor Delacroix, Bob the Guy, General Dagnabit, King Edward, Flonne}, {Mehian Spearman}, {Kanite Militant}, {Kanite Militant}
A8 Mist
B8 {Mist}, {Mist}
C7 Mist
D8 Mist
D9 Mist
E8 Mist
E9 Mist
E10 Mist
D5 {Mist}, {Mist}
D6 {Mist}, {Mist}
E4 {Mist}, {Mist}
F5 {Mist}, {Mist}
F6 {Mist}, {Mist}

I hope this is accurate.
Last edited by Nihila on Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nihila

Postby Twoy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:41 am

Correection:
B3: {2x Minotaur, 4x Demonowith, Ewephant, Huwwicane, Siege Tank, Dwaconian, 3x Minotaur, Graf Zepellin, Confessor Delacroix, Bob the Guy, General Dagnabit, King Edward, Flonne}, {Mehian Spearman}, {Kanite Militant}, {Kanite Militant}
Twoy

Postby Sihoiba » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:35 am

Correction number 2 - mostly for clarity

Mists:
A8 Mist
B8 {Mist}, {Mist}
C7 Mist
D8 Mist
D9 Mist
E8 Mist
E9 Mist
E10 Mist
D5 {Mist}, {Mist}
D6 {Mist}, {Mist}
E4 {Mist}, {Mist}
F5 {Mist}, {Mist}
F6 {Mist}, {Mist}
Sihoiba

Postby Nihila » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:17 am

I'll edit my post with those corrections. Thanks!
Nihila

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:04 am

Hello there, I'll be away until the 18th. So, feel free until that time to discuss, and officialize orders. To victory for the Mini-RCC!
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Sihoiba » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:24 am

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Ok, I PM-ed LtDave, and once he resolves that Kanite order our turn ends. Let's see what the next one brings.

It will very likely not be pretty.

I think we might as well END TURN while Bland is away
Sihoiba

Postby Nihila » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:42 am

Yeah, ending turn sounds good. Most of our units are out of move or nearly out of move, anyways.
Nihila

Postby The Black Hand » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:57 am

I concur.
The strength of our future lies in our past.
-VNV Nation

There is no instance of a nation benefiting from prolonged warfare.
-Sun-tzu, The Art of War
The Black Hand

Postby LTDave » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am

Ferrrr-durrrp!

New Infomation Arriving on Units:

Spoiler: show
Lokarat is now 44 points in cost. With
Hits: 4
Attack: 5
Defence: 1
Move: 4
Ranged
Commander
Cost: 45
Level: 6

I plan on increasing him to hits 10 (since he is mounted on a golmon dwagon now so to speak), defence 4 and move 5. This makes his cost: 68.

I also pop a new warlord unit.
Hits: 6
Attack: 4
Defence: 3
Move: 4
Ranged
Commander
Cost: 46

I invent a new unit, the powerfull Golmon Dwagon knight. A mix of a Golmon knight on a mighty dwagon.

Hits: 10
Attack: 12
Defence: 5
Move: 5
Ranged
Cost: 80

The following information was worked out by the Gobwin Bump player and Barbarian Ally:

Hisgeng and his 7 knights move to gobwin bump over D3 and C2. They encounter the stack containing the axe dwawf, dwawven champ and a mehian spearmen. Inflicting 40 hits with ranged combat, they annihilate the dwawes and move on to gobwin bump. Having already attacked this turn, they are unable to assault any units of the RCC, thus joining defences by default (right?).

Now Lokarat. He wants to destroy the commanders in stack E5. Both of them. There is a small screen of two mists in the way. Daigo's stack of 7 knights are to assault them intelligently. He orders two knight to break stack and attack them 1 on 1. Destroying the two mists without recieving hits with the ranged special. Now both stacks move on to F5 with only 2 knights unable to assault.

Daigo attacks Daimyo's stack of 3 heavy Aimursa's, 2 light Aimursa's and Daimyo

COMBAT!
Battle is joined in hex: C10
TIME OF POST (in minutes and seconds): 4013
Attacker:
Total Attack Value: 44
Level of Highest Commander: 2
Total Defence of Stack: 28
Number of Units: 6
Average Defence: 5
Terrain Bonus of Hex: 0,0
Special Bonus: 1,0
Random Percentage: 95%
Total Damage: 50

Hits Inflicted on the Enemy: 36

36 hits is more then the 27 hits of the complete stack. Since they have no ranged weapons and Daigo's stack is all ranged, Daimyo's stack is completely croaked and Daimyo too.

Lokarat looks at his stack. He knows that the units in the RCC's stack in the next hex are ultimately powerfull and he knows he has a small chance of slaying them. And while doing so he will probably lose some of his most powerfull units in the process.

"The Kahn will flog me if I let this honour and oppertunity go. Daigo was succesfull too, the titans are with us!" And with those words, he and his seven dwagon knights attack Kettwey's stack with the steam fly and copperhead and all other units. Since they are all ranged too, they will retaliate.

COMBAT!
Battle is joined in hex: C10
TIME OF POST (in minutes and seconds): 3219
Attacker:
Total Attack Value: 89
Level of Highest Commander: 7
Total Defence of Stack: 39
Number of Units: 8
Average Defence: 5
Random Percentage: 90%
Total Damage: 136

Hits Inflicted on the Enemy: 77

Defender
Total Attack Value: 54
Level of Highest Commander: 4
Total Defence of Stack: 28
Average Defence: 4
Ambush Bonus: 1,0
Random Percentage: 70%
Total Damage: 53

Hits Inflicted on the Enemy: 21

This destroys 2 Golmon Dwagon knights but will annihilate the complete stack of Kettwey including the stray Gyroscope. (barely... the stack had 76 hits with the Gyro Scope).

Lokarat claims the item of interest and wants to capture Duke Kettwey for the sake of honour since they have fought together. (And giving the RCC yet another value target ).

One of the Dwagon knights has 9 hits left.

Ferrrr-durrrp!

End Gobwin Bump Turn.

Alliance Scout Phase Begins now.
LTDave

Postby Sihoiba » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:03 am

LT_Dave lots of queries/problems with that turn.

1) How can Lokarat's stats change mid turn? If he wants him on a mount that's fine, but the mount is a separate unit. Otherwise what's to stop us spending points upgrading our stacks in Gobwin Bump. Secondly if that is allowed (and we will be abusing it this turn :evil: ) how is he allowed to break the 6 hit limit on Commander rules?
2) With that clarified if Lokarat has 5 hit points or less (i.e still has his original 4 hit points) then Kettwey is having his stack target Lokarat. It's my lead stack I get to choose where the damage goes. I'll make an IC battle description post of Kettwey dealing the killing blow to Lokarat then.
3) How does Lokarat a level 6 warlord magically become level 7 in the attack on Kettwey? Has he been made chief warlord of Gobwin Bump? Does that mean Diago is level 2 or level 1 being boosted by Lokarat's Chief Warlord bonus?
4) What are the rules on Capture and then Turning? Presumably Gobwin Bump would need some sort of Turnamancer to turn Kettwey to their side. Does that mean we're adding casters to this game now?
5)Is Hiseng performing a hit and run on the Axe Dwarf on C2, and therefore not earning XP? Otherwise I can't see how they didn't get stuck in the same hex as the remaining separate stacks of a Dwarven Champion and Mehian Spearman.
6) In Lokarat's orders I assume Lokarat attacked first? Otherwise Daigo would have had to attack Kettwey's stack - it's ranged and has to be attacked first? So the attack order must go Daigo sends to knights to kill mists, then Lokarat engages Kettwey, then Daigo attacks Daimyo.
7) Could you have made the attacks separate posts so we can see what times you used for the random seed, picking numbers apparently out of thin air isn't very transparent, especially when the random percentages favour your side so heavily?
8) Can you clarify which hex of 2 mists Lokarat's forces took out. It's not mentioned in the end of turn post.
9) What levels are these new Warlords of Lokarat?
10) Lokarat doesn't get the item of interest till the start of Gobwin Bumps next turn, in the same Kettwey didn't get it at the end of his turn. Or if you do get items at the end of turn, can you say what it is in case it affects the battle between Kettwey and Lokarat.

On the turn Lokarat left alliance his units were 1 Battlehawk, 5 Knights, and Lokarat. When he attacked, he has 3 Commanders (2 New +92 points), 14 knights (9 more +396 points) and 7 New Dwagonknights (+560 points). Ignoring the fact that they gained 1048 points worth of units over two turns*, it also limits them to have popped those units somewhere E2 and G2, can you just confirm that Lokarat's is popping units from a new base somewhere, and isn't just popping them where ever his units are currently. I feel I have to ask this because he's already attempted to break the rules by changing Lokarat stats randomly.

*Which is obscene.

If the errors above are corrected, The Kettwey vs Lokarat combat changes as follows:
Kettwey stack has 9 units in so takes 83 hits if Lokarat is Chief Warlord, and 78 if not (mistake in initial calculation).
Assuming that Lokarat isn't allowed to be upgraded midgame**, his stacks total defence falls to 36 and it takes 23 damage. The 4 hit point Lokarat is cwoaked and the lead Dwagonknight is down to 3 hits.

If Diago was level 1 really, then he still deals enough damage (33) after Lokarat has died to wipe out Daimyo's stack.

**Seriously that's a massively game breaking change to introduce.

Lastly because you've made so many mistakes in that combat, can you please list the units in all of Lokarat's stacks because I what to verify he has got his stacks total attack wrong too?

Once you've clarified this, we can begin planning our scout orders, no point doing so until you've fixed all the mistakes.
Sihoiba

Postby Nihila » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:34 am

Edity: Sihoiba, your analysis missed one little thing.
Question for GM]Are we allowed to move units from C8 into C6 to restack with allied units already in C6 without the allied unblooded units having to first engage enemy units in C6?[/question]

No. Units entering a hex with enemy forces MUST engage them.

Hisgeng broke that rule. I'm calling the entire turn post for GB Foolamancy.
Oh well, may as well have a last Thinkagram, to all Alliance members. Hopefully the need for this will be obsoleted soon.

"Kill the enemy! These new devils must all die! Rip them apart soon!"
In haiku form, of course.
Bloodless is this death. That all around are dying. This life has ended.
Snow drifts from the peaks. Of the mountains and the trees. What will happen now?

Still in haiku, but here's a pretty thought:

If we're going to be abusing rules, if the Risun stack is still wiped out once this mess is cleaned up, maybe I should just design four new units, on account of two of my three unit types no longer, for all intents and purposes, existing, one of the new units heavy (15 HP, 23 Attack, 2 Defense, 1 Move)(Cost:20), another higher move and ranged(5-8-5-4, 8 Special)(Cost:44)(look familiar?), a ranged peasant(1-2-1-1, Ranged)(Cost:4), a wall-type unit (15-2-5-3, Ranged)(Cost:35), and my new warlord would be a 40 Cost 15-23-2-1.

And, of course, in this scenario, I would suggest sending the last Heavy Aimursa in a suicide mission, to leave me another unit slot.

This is not final, I'd much rather design two new units and have my stack survive last turn, but if we'll be getting 1050 points next turn, we have some power to spread around. Power as in "Design that 30-45-5-4, 160 cost unit, and pop nine of them."
Nihila

Postby Sihoiba » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:51 am

Lt_Dave Actually yes can you please explain how the Gobwin Bump forces are getting 4-5x the number of pop points of the MCC? It was going to be hard enough to find a way to win this without having the enemy out resource us to that extent.

And Nihila if we were allowed to change units mid turn, then for starters we make all the the MCC units in Gobin Bump Garrison units, and spend the extra points raising their attack, then using our pop points to covert all out other units to 45 attack 30 hit 5 defence 0.5 move units.

Or turn enough of the surrounding mists into huwwicanes and slaughter all of the Golman Knight's remaining forces in a single strike.
Sihoiba

Postby Nihila » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:41 am

Sihoiba wrote:Or turn enough of the surrounding mists into huwwicanes and slaughter all of the Golman Knight's remaining forces in a single strike.

Well, you know how weather works. One day, just a little mist all around, next day BOOM! hurricanes start. And I'll just upgrade the last Heavy Aimursa so that it's riding an Oriental Dragon(Dwagon) instead of a horse.
Nihila

Postby The Black Hand » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:18 pm

Yeah, and I think I'll turn my Copperheads into Basilisks, with the "Stasis Field" ability (which means that all enemy units in the same hex as the Basilisk are unable to move or attack).
The strength of our future lies in our past.
-VNV Nation

There is no instance of a nation benefiting from prolonged warfare.
-Sun-tzu, The Art of War
The Black Hand

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games