Forum text game - Lords of Creation [Over(see last page)]

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Forum text game - Lords of Creation

Postby Bakuvii Manaquii » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:33 pm

'I agree in whole heart, Parasite, and I will achieve our fathers blessing before removing such an obstacle in our path. I must admit however that I have full faith that all of them will follow his teaching, we are after all, his creations. I do not forsee the issue, but I am prepared for it. On an aside, I will keep a close eye on all of them, including you, and that is why I have created the Angael. Do not ward them, I warn you, for they are more powerful than I.'
Bakuvii Manaquii

Postby Daemonwelsh » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:42 pm

Quiet understandable Solaris, and were I in your position then I would be doing the same thing. As we are not in the same position, please allow me the liberty of pursuing the actions which I have been planning for many a year. Also, I would wish that we may have elements of chaos in this world, one which is absent from here. I ask your permission in creating such a force to help our creations prepare for the trials ahead of them.
Daemonwelsh

Postby Bakuvii Manaquii » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:19 pm

'You must first alert me of your creations, I will not allow them to be just strewn about. Even chaos must have order.'

aka PM me what your going to do...
Bakuvii Manaquii

Postby Azgrut » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:37 am

After the messages of the overbeing and the immortal, Zorea thought for a moment. Then she spoke to her pantheon.

"It is the overbeings will and we must oblige. This can mean an eternity of peace adn that is what we desire isn't it? I say we do what we were bred to do."

With those words, Zorea follows Solaris outside.
Azgrut

Postby Crovius » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:35 pm

Teserath waited for Zorea to go before deciding to follow. He was seeing wwo would go and who might rebel. He speaks up, making sure all immortals can here him.

"I advise any immortals who have not spoken to our Father alone to do so. Feel free to do it on the light side of the moon if you wish. I'm sure he's waiting to give us all our 'gifts'."

He then moves off, as he has a job today and the mortal races won't stop dieing just because he is busy with family matters.

((OOC:Basically if you have not already spoken with my eprsonally abotu your role, send a pm me to in as an in-character talk with the Overbeing, and if you need clarification on any bonuses you get, both fluff wise and stat wise, I'd be glad to help. Remember folks, we're already half0way thorugh week 6.))
Crovius

Postby turbler » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:39 pm

(wow. . .I've missed so much -_-")
turbler

Postby Ehbobo » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:47 pm

OOC: Yeah, we all made races 3 weeks ago. Ont he upside, you have plenty of motes now.

Ka'Arthan's army melts back into the walls as he shoulders his way past Lux Lucis, morphing back into his snake-bound guise. He flew quickly over the Ar'Rakis Desert, finding just what he had expected: after the Khalterians and Slandrites made contact, the unprepared settlers had been massacred. But now the Khalterian military was arriving and the disorganized Slandrite tribes were being thrown back in disarray. Still, he didn't feel quite comfortable with leaving this conflict alone for so long.

Nevertheless, he continued to rise. Teserath had said to go to the light side of the moon, but Ka wasn't in the mood for more immortal company. Instead he flew right towards the surface of the sun, so close that the serpents in his clothing hissed with displeasure at the heat and power emanating from the massive star. Ka'Arthan waited a short while and then said, "Father? Can you hear me?
Ehbobo

Postby Crovius » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:18 pm

Ehbobo wrote:OOC: Yeah, we all made races 3 weeks ago. Ont he upside, you have plenty of motes now.

He made a race of bipedal humanoids too, he just never detailed them. Othe than they have some nice illusion powers to alter themselves in apperance (though its just an illusion). Right now, absic humanoids, starting as a tribe (at the time) with nothing other than those powers would make them cost maybe 7 motes total. Right now they'd have become large enough to form small villages, al with equal shares in establishing rules and laws and such, probably began using crude iron tools and so on.
Crovius

Postby Sinrus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:41 pm

I think it's time for an update on the Ailorans.

By this point in their history, the Ailorans are divided into 3 indistinct groups. None of these groups are united in any way or have a common leader, the separations are purely geographical. They are:

- The Ailorans of the Islands. These are all the Ailorans who live on the original four islands of Iltoma, Therun, Gaetria, and Belinda. They are by far the most powerful, and contain the only four pseudo-cities in Ailoran culture.
- Iltoma. This is the island where Ailorans first crawled out of the sea. Because of this, it is the spiritual center of Ailoran culture and its pseudo-city consists mainly of monasteries, temples, and other religious institutions. All young Ailorans who wish to become a priest or priestess come here.
- Therun. Therun was found by a great warrior, and it carries on his legacy. This island's pseudo-city is the smallest of the four, consisting mostly of a large training campus for young warriors, surrounded by a small town. The majority of the island is farmland.
- Gaetria. All Ailorans are devoted to the attainment of knowledge, but those of the Island Gaetria more so than any others. Here is where scholars come to theorize and experiment, and where many of the scientific advances of the Ailorans come from. The pseudo-city here contains the world's first university and library, which attract not only Ailoran scholars but those of other sentient races.
- Belinda. The pseudo-city on Belinda comes closest to what could be considered the capital. There is no executive figure who makes decisions there, but it is by far the largest Ailoran settlement in the world. Iltoman priests go there to serve in a cathedral, Therunese adventurers go there to make a name and find adventure, and Gaetrian scientists go there to spread knowledge of their new discoveries. And from there centers the vast Ailoran trade network, throughout which flows not only goods and money but ideas and learning.

- The Ailorans of the Atolls. The atolls of the Ailoran Ocean are numberous, small, and widespread, which has resulted in a group of tiny hamlets. They are mainly isolated from each other and the Islands, and have mostly fallen behind in the ways of Knowledge. They are looked down upon as backwoods redneck types by the Ailorans of the Islands.

- The Ailorans of Opus. After the island Opus rose out of the sea, the Ailorans who investigated found it completely uninhabited. They set up shop and now are living there in tiny fishing villages along the perimeter of its perfectly circular shore. Nobody knows how the power of O might affect them, or if it even will at all.
Sinrus

Postby Ehbobo » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:04 pm

Returning from his conversation with the All-Father, Ka'Arthan realized that his form has changed. Instead of the man in snakes, he now appears a man some 12 feet tall, covered in red scales from his toes to his neck. His face seems chiseled out of stone; strong, majestic, and powerful, with dark brown hair in a military haircut and the sharp black eyes of a genius or madman. Two huge bat-like wings extend out of his back. He wears a sort of uniform, all black pants and button-up shirt with a logo on the right breast and either shoulder: A stylized sun surrounded by 8 tiny white circles and a small arrow pointing up.

He returns to the arena, now empty of any life. He sends out a call with his new-found power: When you have received your task from our Father, return to the Parasite's arena. We shall have much to talk about.
Ehbobo

Postby turbler » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:24 pm

Crovius wrote:
Ehbobo wrote:OOC: Yeah, we all made races 3 weeks ago. Ont he upside, you have plenty of motes now.

He made a race of bipedal humanoids too, he just never detailed them. Other than they have some nice illusion powers to alter themselves in apperance (though its just an illusion)...

(nope. not an illusion.)
Turbler, on page 13 wrote:(So sorta like foolamancy, but real and tangible and whatnot. Maybe a bit better than foolamancy.)

(I'll pay more than 7 if I need to for it, 'cause I prolly will. If I get rule 0'd then illusions they are.)
turbler

Postby Sinrus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:01 pm

When his audience with the Omniscient was finished, Lux found that he too was changed. Now he wore a blue-green cloak and his hair was long, flowing down to his shoulders. He no longer had the head of a bull, his axe had been modified as well; now it was a long, perfectly cylindrical pole of scaeleth with a bull's head mounted at one end and four tendrils of scale winding up the side of its head. The bull head was alive, constantly bellowing and shaking as Lux descended from the heavens.

Ha! He laughed to himself as he flew. Imagine it! A simple man like I once was on a faraway world, a poor sailor, now a god! Inspired the Overdeity with the raw force of the greatest power available to a Lord of Creation! Who would ever have guessed.

With this he landed at the arena, and entered.
Sinrus

Postby Bakuvii Manaquii » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:40 am

Solaris beckons the immortals within the arena to join the rest of them outside. He waits calmly, projecting the thought 'We should form an all binding pantheon, one that would connect us all in mind and spirit, beneficial to us all.'
Bakuvii Manaquii

Postby Crovius » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:23 am

"And beneficial to our mortals. They may prefer one or two of us over the others, but they will recognize all of us as the ones who created this world, the ones that make it work the way it does. I have no people to praise me personally, but all of your races will recognize me as Teserath, the Avatar of Death, Reaper of Souls, Judge of the Afterlife. Your peoples will use skulls, scythes, black cloaks and the darkside of the moon as symbols of my purpose to them. They will know that when they die I will come to them to gather their soul and take them to the Darkside of the moon to be judged. Those who sinned greatly in life will be punished. Those who devoted their whole life to a specific Immortal shall be sent to the one they praised to recieve final judgement. And the souls of the good people who did their best to prevent sin from corrupting their souls will be sent to the sun to spend eternity in the presence of the Overbeing.

No mortal of flesh and blood will be outside the rules of life and death. All mortals die eventually, whether by sickness or age, blade or poison, starvation or fatigue, the elements or divine will. Mortals who try to prevent a soul from leaving their body, to try and live on after death, commit crimes against the natural order and will be judged as the greatest of sinners, regardless of intention. They will be hunted. The only exception to this is if a priest devoted to one of the immortals gains the blessing to bring back the dead, is given permission from the deceased after communing with them, and makes proper material sacrifice for the life. Note, reanimating dead flesh does not return a soul to the body. Undead creatures, like the Devorers I have crafted, have no souls of their own and technically do not fall under my ruling. But were a mortal to use magic to bind his soul to remain after death so he may life on, that I will not stand for. Necromancy is allowed, though it may be taboo to some of your peoples. These are th rules of death. Do any of you disagree? Or, rather, if you have any exceptions you want to add, speak now."
Crovius

Postby Daemonwelsh » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:56 pm

The Parasite changed while sitting on Solaris's shoulder. His body shifted to become more than he was before, and he fell off of Solaris. Behind Solaris now stood a massive monstrosity, a hulking demon of flesh and bones. Its eyes seemed to burn in their sockets, and parts of his body glowed. a pulsating mass, which seemed quite similar to the flood Juggernaut form. The whole thing looked despicable, and the Parasite felt that it was fitting for his new role in the world.

"First to fight. Last to retreat. I will stand as the rock which you tether to. I will slaughter our enemies. No more am I the Parasite. My origins are forgot. I am now the blade of the immortals. The demon of gods. I am... The Fanatic."

The Fanatic's new stats:

Fanatic, The god of Chaos.

Divine Rank: 5
Power:13 (+8 against all immortals)
Potence:5
Presence:4
Perception:2
It would be the pleasure of mine that we form a massive pantheon. It would also entertain me me if we were to prepare for the future. As such I will take the force of Chaos as mine to command. It will be me who prepares the world. And you who protect it from the evils which are created, regardless as to wether they are of my creation, or not. For this purpose, I ask of Teserath if I may use some of his creations. Others I will manufacture myself, and any guise can be taken. Expect betrayal from your races. I am not your enemy. But I do have my role, and not the sole one that The Over being has given me. Also, I ask that Solaris take up the mantle of the ants, as their god. I am no longer able to fulfill that role.
Last edited by Daemonwelsh on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daemonwelsh

Postby Sinrus » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:20 pm

A task well befitting you, Fanatic. I fear that mine is less apt, for I have been chosen to become the Spell Weaver.

Divine Rank: 3
Power: 5
Potence: 5 (+1 from Spell Weaver, 9 with artifacts)
Presence: 1 (+1 from Spell Weaver, 4 with artifact)
Perception: 3 (+1 from Spell Weaver)

Axe of Potence - +2 potence for one action per turn
The Moon - +2 presence when inspiring insanity; only usable at night but Lux does not need to be present.
Regal Cape - +1 potence

The Omniscient has given me the duty of writing the laws of magic and spreading arcane power across the world. Creating magical creatures is now nearly effortless for me. But I'm afraid that I lack the creativity for such a task; if any here have beasts that they would see roam the earth, I would be more than glad to exercise my new abilities and create them for you. When each of us have aired their tasks, I have some ideas that I would like to try.
Sinrus

Postby Ehbobo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Excellent, both of you. Ka'Arthan smiled. I am sure that your new powers will be very useful when the final battle dawns upon our world. It shall be my job to determine how you will use this new strength for the good of the All-Father and for the good of the mortal races, for I have become The Marshall.

Divine Rank: 4
Power: 5 (7 in battle)
Potence: 8
Presence: 6 (includes +4 from being The Marshall, 7 when affecting chosen races)
Perception: 2

Artifacts
Shia'surna of Comabt: +2 Power when in combat
Shia'surna of Energy: +2 motes per turn
Shia'surna of Kindness: +1 presence when affecting his chosen races
Shia'surna of Dominance: +1 Power

With my leadership all immortals will grow stronger; if you ask for my council then you will receive it and the strength of my advice will add 4 points to every stat you use acting out my plan. In addition, I will grow stronger through you; if you succeed in your endeavors it will increase my stats as well.
Ehbobo

Postby Crovius » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:53 pm

((OOC: I would like to take a moment to say how awesome you guys are, as I've known some LoC players who'd NEVER allow a single person to GM in the first place and even if they did allow that they wouldnot follow a plot, and likely try and destroy my plot at every turn. And I hope you gusy really liek this whole "gianing a purpose" thing, cause basically, if you haven't noticed, it is more or less like each of your immortals taking a level in various "Badass" prestige classes. Also this will be great when i start writing out your descriptions as gods for the campaign world, you know, if we survive the End of Days. I have much more faith now that you will, infact, defeat the monsters set to challenge you. So far writing out what the races and their various worship of the Pantheon of Immortals is turning out very cool. I'm only waiting now on O to contact the Overbeing. Which is wierd cause I have two roles left and only one of them fits him so I think I made an extra role :? ))
Crovius

Postby Ehbobo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:56 pm

OOC: Did Den Carvos and Xeras contact you? Because it seems as if they're out of the game, unfortunately. And how could you play this without a GM?
Ehbobo

Postby Crovius » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:02 pm

((And I haven't seen Den Carvos in action is... a while. And I thought me and Xeras tlaked... oh wait that was just about me letting him still join. Right, I am making a special one for him that's kinda ironic. So far The Reaper(Teserath), the Protector(Solaris), the Fanatic(Parasite), the Marshall(Ka'Arthan), and the Spell Weaver(Lux) are all claimed, and Zorea is The Oracle but no one actually knows that, it's actually part of her power that no one realize she hasn't spoken of her role to the others. So yeah, the One, Den Carvos, and Xeras. I have one for each of them, not sure if Den Carvos fits his or not buthe's not really gonna get much of a choice I guess.

Playing without a GM, involves a grip map and changing anything has predetermined costs based on various formulas. Usually a group fo people are teh admins who will track everything but otherwise everyone calculates the cost of their own creations. The World building process is also longer, also because we start with nothing.))
Crovius

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games