I Am Not A Tool!

What features and fixes would you like to see here at erfworld.com?

I Am Not A Tool!

Postby fleazilla » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:32 pm

I am interested in the additional content yo uguys are offering and I'm fine with paying a fee but I refuse to called a tool. If I call somebody a tool its not to flatter them and we all know that Lord Stanley is not somebody most of us would want to model, so I guess I'm saying: I get the joke but I just can't do it.

Maybe you can test the skill of you website coders and come up with an alternate name--maybe you would even generate a mac/windows style controversy in your forums :p
fleazilla

Re: I Am Not A Tool!

Postby Rekov » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:33 pm

the only people who look at the site know the context in which you are called a tool.
Rekov
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby moose o death » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:14 am

i don't see it as a problem personally as i'm sure most of the reaction and everything else erfworlders want to call me a tool quite frequently.

but it's a word, if you lived in australia tool is barely even noticeable as an insult. well at least in the northern states.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby shadow729 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:45 am

Why would they come up with a different name, when the current one is so perfectly reflective of the comic? It's an inside joke. You don't have to call people by their name and call them tools, it's just a title.
Don't make me roll initiative

shadow729

Postby QuothTheRaven » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:59 pm

fleazilla wrote:I am interested in the additional content yo uguys are offering and I'm fine with paying a fee but I refuse to called a tool. If I call somebody a tool its not to flatter them and we all know that Lord Stanley is not somebody most of us would want to model, so I guess I'm saying: I get the joke but I just can't do it.

Maybe you can test the skill of you website coders and come up with an alternate name--maybe you would even generate a mac/windows style controversy in your forums :p

I'm a Tool, fool. What can I say, I embrace juxtaposing a positive meaning with a generally negative word, just think of it as brightening up the English language for future generations.
QuothTheRaven

Postby Arkenputtyknife » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:30 pm

I think it's hysterical. Why should I be offended when no one here is using the word ‘tool’ in an offensive manner? Don't let yourself be ruled by mere words.
Grammar: It's not the law, it's just a good idea.
Arkenputtyknife

Postby Gez » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:26 am

I haven't seen in the forum rules something against registering multiple accounts, so you could create a tool account to access exclusive content and a non-tool account to post stuff in the forum.
Gez

Return to Suggestions/Requests