post modding systems

What features and fixes would you like to see here at erfworld.com?

post modding systems

Postby moose o death » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:27 am

just a lite request, some forums around the place use post modding systems . such as rooster teeth having the cool zing plus and minus modifiers. while i'm not suggesting we rip that system off but given the largest amount of action around here is in the speculative forums. maybe some form of post rating system.

like a good theory dropdown box on each post. with options ranked from "read it again" to "excellent theory" etc. with the posted value being the averaged post score and how many were positives/negatives.

i have no idea how well that works into a work vs value equation. but i figure if it's not asked it can never happen
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Re: post modding systems

Postby doran » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:19 am

Problem is, if a couple of people get into flamewars, they then could be vindicative and start rating each others posts really negatively, and trolls would do this to everyone.
It'd be like all those youtube comments
MarbitChow wrote: Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.
doran
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Re: post modding systems

Postby moose o death » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:02 am

doran wrote:Problem is, if a couple of people get into flamewars, they then could be vindicative and start rating each others posts really negatively, and trolls would do this to everyone.
It'd be like all those youtube comments

well the rooster teeth version only gave you x number of points based on your community level so you could only award x amount of points and the only way to get more was to be awarded them by other users. not fool proof by any means but certainly more effort than most trolls should be willing to invest. of course there is no accouting for people with no life whatsoever.

anyway just a thought.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Return to Suggestions/Requests