Simple user functionalities

What features and fixes would you like to see here at erfworld.com?

Simple user functionalities

Postby Characteristic » Tue May 12, 2009 6:49 pm

One of the major features I would be looking forward to, is a simple bookmark we can use to check the newest page.
Automatically. It's such a small thing.
A simple, single page so that people such as me (who follow several online comics) could, at the press of a tab, open several windows at once.

The RSS feed is neat, if you're into that. But I believe such a page would be easy to script.
It can be done in HTML and MySQL serverside scripting.
Which is, or could be, platform independent.**
Characteristic

Re: Simple user functionalities

Postby harknell » Wed May 13, 2009 11:50 am

Hi, do you mean you'd like to have a link to the most recent comic at erfworld.com? If so the reason it does not exist is because eventually it won't need to exist. The new comics will start to appear on the main page itself for book 2, so the mos recent comic "link" will always be simply erfworld.com. We don't have it that way now because Rob and Jamie gave Rich at OOTS the right to show all of Book 1 as the premiere location. We're only hosting the archive, which does get the latest comic added also. So whenever they finish Book 1 (which I believe is coming up fairly quickly) you'll start seeing new stuff on our site directly.
Webmaster for the comic Stupid and Insane Defenders Against Chaos: http://www.onezumi.com
Webmaster for the comic Erfworld: http://www.erfworld.com
harknell
Site Admin

Re: Simple user functionalities

Postby Characteristic » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:05 pm

Excellent. Tyvm :lol:
I am the property or attribute (= trait) of an entity.
We are pleased to meet you.
Characteristic

Return to Suggestions/Requests