a new D&D webcomic

Mind if we put this first?

a new D&D webcomic

Postby t_catt11 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:10 pm

Since the forum rules allow for the pimping of one's own webcomics, I figured I'd take advantage of that fact. If I have misunderstood or overstepped, please kill this thread and smite me suitably. :)

Loaded Dice is a new D&D webcomic that follows a group of gamers and the adventures of their characters. RPG humor and groan-worthy puns are pretty much the norm. Updates are Monday and Thursday.

Criticism, comments, and questions are all welcomed! Please note that I am well aware that the first few strips rely far too much on a bodiness narrator. This tactic does not appear after strip number six. So while you may certainly still gripe about that flaw, do understand that it has been addressed.

Thanks!
t_catt11

Re: a new D&D webcomic

Postby Shardnax » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:24 pm

Looks alright, OotS and Erfworld are the only web comics I've kept reading, too many hop on a boat to Drama Island and never return.
Shardnax

Postby t_catt11 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:52 pm

Thanks for the look! So far, we have a pretty decent amount of love in the OOtS forums... of course, that and a dollar will buy me a cup of cheap coffee. :lol:

Anyway, we have an additional eight strips completed already, with one more that should be ready within the next day or two. Hopefully, that will help us to ensure that we update when we should.

As far as the drama boat goes? Meh. I'm telling a story about some regular D&D gamers. No need for silliness (aside from the silly jokes we use).
t_catt11

Postby Sethram » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:48 am

Heh. It's not bad. So long as there isn't a story involving the GM chasing after the girl as she goes after collar guy.
Sethram

Postby t_catt11 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:16 pm

Well, I normally would refuse to say anything about future plots. Spoilers are bad, y'know?

However, you can rest safe, knowing that there will be no love triangle here. Just gamers.
t_catt11

Postby Winged » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:35 am

I like what I see so far, the art is of a nice quality, and the charicters are alright if a bit one dementional so far, but with the little detail you can pack into the limited pages you are working with I would be fairly amazed.

keep it up!
Winged

Postby t_catt11 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:47 am

I will go ahead and admit it now: the characters will probably never be amazingly deep, realistic personas that you feel you could have conversations with. All of the gamer characters are loosely based off of my real life gaming group, but they are purposely distilled caricatures. This is intended to be a light-hearted comic, so we will probably never delve very deep.

That being said, I've gotten quite a few "Ray is EXACTLY like this guy in my group" and "Steve is my DM" type comments. I think that the characters will resonate pretty well with gamers simply BECAUSE we all know one (or more) people who seem to mimic these types of personalities.

Okay, enough of that. New update is posted today, hope you guys enjoy it.
t_catt11

Postby t_catt11 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:14 am

I'm seeing a surprising amount of traffic from these forums, so I'm guessing that even though I don't hear any feedback, you people must be interested. I've got it - you're all ninjas! :lol:

Newest update went up yesterday - this strip contains our first "on camera" fight scene. In my personal opinion, I think that the bad guy art alone makes this one worth the read - I love how they came out. (please note that I am the author, not the artist)

Thanks to those who continue to read!
t_catt11

Postby t_catt11 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:19 am

Today's update is part two of a fun little interlude... and something that really did happen in a game that I ran. I love it when the party mage abuses his spells!
t_catt11

Postby t_catt11 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:11 am

Wow. You folks continue to be kind and give me traffic. Thanks a lot!

The latest strip marks a small milestone - episdoe #25. That's twelve and a half weeks of timely updates... yay us!
t_catt11

Postby t_catt11 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:21 pm

This forum baffles me. Nobody else posts to this thread, but lots of you come to see us. Not that I'm complaining, just baffled! :lol:

Check out our Halloween special. The art is pretty darned cool, if I do say so, myself.
t_catt11

Return to Internet and Webcomics