Book 2 - Page 15

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 - Page 15

Postby balder » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:34 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 - Page 15

Postby Megaduck » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:38 am

Aww, poor Tem. I really feel sorry for him about now. He just watched his brother die and now he's sending what might be his last message to his father.

On the other hand we have confirmed something.

Love does exist in Erfworld.
Megaduck

Postby Sieggy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:11 am

I think we're going to get a HUGE reveal about Wanda & Jillian's relationship, and if Wanda is looking to turn Jillian, it's a good thing that Ansom's not there. Of course, if the price of J & W getting back together is Stanley's death, W may take the attitude that a decrypted Stanley might just solve all her problems . . . it would make her happy, Jillian happy, and allow Parson to get going on What Needs To Be Done.

But with Vana the Turnamancer being present, the turns will likely be unexpected ones . . .
The Truth Will Set You Free. But First It Will Piss You Off.
Sieggy

Postby Zamussels » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:11 am

Good comic, best in a while IMO.

Also, I don't know if these get corrected in this comic but there's typo, 'interchangable' in the last square.
Zamussels

Postby Rowen » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:21 am

Uh oh that was not a factor in Parson's odds; at least not the ones he passed on to Wanda, looks like he really will be needed.
"Nobody turns down a jetpack and lives."
by emo samurai » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:42 pm
Rowen
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby balder » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:25 am

Zamussels wrote:Also, I don't know if these get corrected in this comic but there's typo, 'interchangable' in the last square.

Fixed, thanks.
balder

Postby robak » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:27 am

I guess Wanda and Jillian will end up on the same side, but I could not say which one.
robak

Postby Tabletop » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:28 am

Ugh, she's falling for the old "I know this chick, she won't hurt me" thing again? Shouldn't someone who commands a legion of switched over zombies know that sometimes personal history doesn't matter, people change completely and can't be trusted? I mean, it had some pretty terrible consequences for her earlier when she underestimated Jillian's freewill. I think she'd have gotten the memo.
Tabletop

Postby Didgin » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:31 am

Ossomer seems to have a different variation of Wanda's symbol now, and also some new decorations on his arms. Or was this that way before?
Anyway, I wonder what do they mean.
Didgin

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:33 am

Apparently Wanda thinks that now with Ansom on her side Jillian has no choice but to join her. I don't think that will work.

And what is jillian's problem with Stanley? Okay, he killed her father and stuff, but you'd think she got over that by now. It's not like she did like the old guy. And she kinda should be thankful, because he set her free from all her duties.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby Malanthyus » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:38 am

Love is blind it would seem.

And to be honest, I don't think Wanda has learned anything. She was utterly confident, to the point of obsession that Jillian would not break her spell. She -needs- jillian to do what she wants her to.
She's forgotten just how high the price of her last misjudgement of Jillian's character was, and she has fallen victim to the notion that she's somehow "won", everything else will be easy at this point.
In her own way, she's as bad as Stanley when it comes to being able to admit that she was wrong.

So, it's fairly obvious what's going to happen here, Jillian isn't going to respond how Wanda wants. And Wanda's arrogance will cost her dearly.

As far as Jillian's problem with stanley, he forced her to walk a terrible road just to get where she is now, and she might not have actually wanted it, or even liked it, but he took from her everything she knew; without her consent. Few people would be willing to forgive that.

Edit: That wasn't a criticism btw. Sometimes part of the fun in watching a train wreck, is in knowing that it's about to happen. ;)
Last edited by Malanthyus on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malanthyus

Postby Knight13 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:43 am

And what is jillian's problem with Stanley? Okay, he killed her father and stuff, but you'd think she got over that by now. It's not like she did like the old guy. And she kinda should be thankful, because he set her free from all her duties.

I think she explained this before, it's because he took her kingdom away from her. She may not have wanted it, but it was her's all the same.

Like everybody else has been saying, I think Wanda is overconfident in her ability to manipulate Jillian. Particularly since she turned Ansom into a twisted reflection of himself.
Knight13

Postby Lawd » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:09 am

Vurp alert! Vurp alert! Panel 6,8,9 and 12 have Vurp riding a blue Dwagon. Well, Vurp most probably. I booping love Chieftain Vurp. He's my Lady Sylvia Lazarus. Could be a decrypted hobgobwin though.

Seriously though, this page has lot of changes of perspective wich makes it very energetic.
Lawd

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:14 am

Knight13 wrote:I think she explained this before, it's because he took her kingdom away from her. She may not have wanted it, but it was her's all the same.

So she hates Stanley for taking away a kingdom she didn't wanted, and never claimed, when she could. Even when Vinnie told her that Ceasar would claim the cities and make any rebuilding of Faq impossible, she cared more for croaking Stanley. Now she has the kingdom back, and could get her old friends Wanda and jack back by allying to GK. But still she is obsessed with Stanley. Maybe she is more obsessed with royalty than old Ansom, but does not admit it.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby menge101 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:19 am

It has been speculated Charlescomm units are in the airspace, possibly giving anti-magic support to Jillian to protect her from Wanda. If there are archons there, they would do well to make a decapitation strike on Wanda. Regardless of what Jillian may do, the Archons ultimately answer to Charlie's will.
menge101

Postby tez » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:31 am

Wanda is gonna fuck this up again. She is just as blinkered as Stanley in her way.
tez

Postby build6 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:38 am

I'm starting to really, really hope that Tramennis makes it out of this ok
build6

Postby SteveMB » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:40 am

Tabletop wrote:Ugh, she's falling for the old "I know this chick, she won't hurt me" thing again? Shouldn't someone who commands a legion of switched over zombies know that sometimes personal history doesn't matter, people change completely and can't be trusted? I mean, it had some pretty terrible consequences for her earlier when she underestimated Jillian's freewill. I think she'd have gotten the memo.

I think she got the memo, didn't like what it said, and tore it up.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby zalos » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:40 am

Had to make an account to say this.

I like the new art and the new direction, but Wanda is damn fugly now. She used to be sexy in her own sorta midget way, but now even her face is like, ddddddddaaaaamn. And not in a good way. Is this because the artist just see's her like this, or because wandas new found power is taking a toll on her body/appearance? Either way, please do us some fan service and make her a little easier on the eyes :D
zalos

Postby Dark Arbiter » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:43 am

Let's assume that Vanna is the caster in the hex. Let's also assume that Jillian's "super-secret-master-plan" involves Charlie helping out (because frankly not much else makes sense). From past experiences, we know that Charlie's forté is Thinkamancy. If Vanna is the caster in question here, what are the odds that Charlie could enact (either via himself or an archon) a link-up with Vanna, majorly extending or strengthening her power? Perhaps making her able to turn some of the important characters in question? I think it's a safe bet that Wanda doesn't have a very high loyalty or Duty towards Stanley, so this might not be too difficult.

On the other hand, we have no idea how magic-induced (as opposed to Tool-induced) Turnamancy would function, so I could be completely and utterly wrong. :shock: Just a theory.
"Well. You know."

"When life gives you crap, make Crap Golems, right?"
Dark Arbiter
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions