Book 2 – Page 13

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 13

Postby balder » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:02 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 13

Postby Welf von Ehrwald » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:10 pm

Tp repeat myself: What a nice Christmas surprise :)

Seems like Wanda does not like the idea that she isn't the centre of someone's universe, especially when that somebody is Jillian.
I love uncroaked Dora. I love an anonymous friend even more.

Only one man has understood me, and even he has not!
Welf von Ehrwald

Postby President_Allosaurus » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:11 pm

Wanda hair is looking much better now. Love the bandage on the dragon in the last panel. Ansom is kneeling with Ossomer in the background, there..

Looks like Wanda isn't ready to handle that question yet.
President_Allosaurus

Postby Sinrus » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:16 pm

You think her hair looks better? It's still horrible. And I am disappointed with this update, we only learned one new thing, and it was something that a lot of people have guessed.
Sinrus

Postby Lord Kasavin » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:18 pm

Looks like Jetstone can't appoint a new heir as readily as a Chief Warlord. GK still has the advantage, but Jetstone has a reasonable chance. Of course, their odds might be better than GK knows depending on what Charlie has in the hex. Furthermore, it appears GK doesn't have the numbers even with the infantry to take on the combined columns.

Also, looks like Wanda's plan is a decapitation strike at Slately. I hope the little guy can fight.
"Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore
Lord Kasavin

Postby Ytaker » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:20 pm

Ossomer looks sad. There in the background, with Ansom talking to him.

Clearly, that big column is enough to take them out. And, evidently, it's big enough to take out their forest forces as well. They really need the city.

Only 15 dwagons. Jill is in with a big chance.

Wanda, sadly, wanted a repeat of unaroyal? So she's really desperate to get a conversion?

Jack is sitting up. Good.
Ytaker

Postby Dr Pepper » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:26 pm

And Parson now understands that Wanda's motivations are significant to any long term plans. He should take the very next opportunity to grill her.
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Postby Thydron » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Dunno what happens if Slately decides to hide in the dungeons / tunnels - got a feeling dwagons aren't tunnel-capable
Thydron
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Dr Pepper » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Jack is sitting up-- yes i see that now. And kudos to Xin for that one, on top of the kudos for the art over all, that was a wonderful piece of signamancy. Just his hat and a few strokes of purple and we can tell it's him on the mend even though we're quite a ways off.

Also: Wanda is so far from the broken puppet that Parson had to lead away after a temper tantrum from Stanley. No one's going to presume to pat her on the shoulder now!
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Postby Lord Kasavin » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:35 pm

Ytaker wrote:Only 15 dwagons. Jill is in with a big chance.

No, 15 red and purple Dwagons. They have more colors than that, hence more Dwagons. Rereading the comic, I think Reds and Purples have "siege" attacks. Hence, the plan is to use those Dwagons specifically to attack the tower (where casters get bonuses, I say as an aside), and destroy it. The assumption is Slately is in the tower, and collapsing it will kill him and anyone else in the tower. If Slately goes, so does all Jetstone forces. This also means no more forces to engage and decrypt, except those "frozen in time."

"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore
Lord Kasavin

Postby Ytaker » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:40 pm

Lord Kasavin wrote:
Ytaker wrote:Only 15 dwagons. Jill is in with a big chance.

No, 15 red and purple Dwagons. They have more colors than that, hence more Dwagons. Rereading the comic, I think Reds and Purples have "siege" attacks. Hence, the plan is to use those Dwagons specifically to attack the tower (where casters get bonuses, I say as an aside), and destroy it. The assumption is Slately is in the tower, and collapsing it will kill him and anyone else in the tower. If Slately goes, so does all Jetstone forces. This also means no more forces to engage and decrypt, except those "frozen in time."

Yeah. Blue and pinks in the background.

http://www.erfworld.com/page/8/
Ytaker

Postby Firkraag » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:48 pm

I don't like thin Parson. He looks like he's 8 years old.

Weird how the heir doesn't change once the heir is dead. :roll:
Lord Firkraag, player character
Conqueror of Europe, Middle-Earth, Erathia, Myth, Faerun, Old World.
Level 10 Undead Necromancer with 12 Artifacts

Acherusis
a Neverwinter Nights 2 adventure
by Lord Firkraag
Firkraag

Postby SkarmoryThePG » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Lord Kasavin wrote:No, 15 red and purple Dwagons. They have more colors than that, hence more Dwagons. Rereading the comic, I think Reds and Purples have "siege" attacks. Hence, the plan is to use those Dwagons specifically to attack the tower (where casters get bonuses, I say as an aside), and destroy it. The assumption is Slately is in the tower, and collapsing it will kill him and anyone else in the tower. If Slately goes, so does all Jetstone forces. This also means no more forces to engage and decrypt, except those "frozen in time."

"Screen the fire and siege"

Sounds to me like Purple Dwagons have siege attacks, while Red Dwagons have fire attacks, which can also be used against the tower.
SkarmoryThePG
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Snowtitan » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:56 pm

First off Merry Christmas everybody.
advantages of living at GMT+12
second off, I quite liked the update, down with all those naysayers
Seeing Wanda's reaction is interesting, Jillian's Queendom has really rattled her.
also we know that the bracer is not omniscient as some have suggested. it still suffers from GIGO (Garbage in garbage out).
I have some doubts about the battle plan, even if they croak Slately, and kill the side that still leaves the Faqian/Faqite (no Faq profanities please!) and the column of heavies still to beat.
Will Jillian still gain the cities defensive bonus if it's unaligned?, [edit]would GK gain it if the side turns?[edit]
Also you can't just change heirs if it takes 30 turns to pop one, even an heir designate would cost, and therefore would have to be done on turn
Last edited by Snowtitan on Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh no.. not again.
Snowtitan

Postby AngryAngel » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:58 pm

Lots of interesting little details here: Jack apparently recovering, Ansom and Ossomer having a chat, and Wanda seems to be jealous of Ansom's relationship with Jillian.

I also see that Parson wasn't happy about offering up a new way to win, since it involves or risks large scale croaking. But offer it he did. Perhaps his reluctance to be involved is fading.
AngryAngel

Postby SteveMB » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:06 pm

Ytaker wrote:Wanda, sadly, wanted a repeat of unaroyal? So she's really desperate to get a conversion?

Hmmm... this raises the question of why Wanda wants a repeat of what happened to Unaroyal. Perhaps she realizes that Ansom's willingness to object to her actions foretells future difficulties which might be forestalled if Jetstone (and thus one of Ansom's pre-Decrypted loyalties) is taken out of the picture?
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby The Old Hack » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:14 pm

SteveMB wrote:
Ytaker wrote:Wanda, sadly, wanted a repeat of unaroyal? So she's really desperate to get a conversion?

Hmmm... this raises the question of why Wanda wants a repeat of what happened to Unaroyal. Perhaps she realizes that Ansom's willingness to object to her actions foretells future difficulties which might be forestalled if Jetstone (and thus one of Ansom's pre-Decrypted loyalties) is taken out of the picture?

I don't think Wanda specifically wants a repeat of the Unaroyal debacle. It's more that she doesn't care if that is what it takes to win.

I am now convinced that Wanda will be more or less uncontrollable while Ansom is Chief Warlord. He may command all the forces, but Wanda is in charge of him. The only way to rein her in will be to appoint a new Chief Warlord who 1) isn't Decrypted and 2) has the will and nerve to stand up to her. Once Stanley realises that, he may be more willing to reappoint Parson as Chief Warlord, and once Parson realises that... he may yield to the necessity of it.
The Old Hack
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lord Kasavin » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:15 pm

SteveMB wrote:

Wanda seems to care little about Ansom one way or another. Sure, let him draw up strategy. His bonus is also pretty nice. Howver, as long as Parson vets the strategy, it doesn't really matter whose leading the troops.

I think Wanda just doesn't care about whats best for the side. What matters is Jetstone's defeat, not whether they can get some more decrypted forces out of it. Afterall, if fate's on their side, they'll win. If not, then all the armies in the world won't matter. Thats just how she thinks. Also, she's become an almost sociopath, where the lives of others means so little to her.

Lord Kasavin

Postby SteveMB » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:17 pm

Hmm... good points. It could be that she simply doesn't care one way or the other, which may be even more worrisome....

Lord Kasavin wrote: Also, she's become an almost sociopath, where the lives of others means so little to her.

"Almost"?
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB

Postby Sinrus » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Because she's surrounded by people who kiss her ass twenty-four-seven. Not only this, but she effectively created them and that makes them her slaves. Wanda is evil. There's no doubt in my mind.
Sinrus

Next

Return to Reactions