Book 2 - Page 10

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 - Page 10

Postby GobwinPie » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:01 pm

Menas wrote:Man, I really wanted to see Jillian off Stanley and free Parson while this battle was going on. I guess that fantasy is officially over now.

I seriously doubt that Jillian has any interest in "freeing" the Gobwin Knob warlord whose strategies killed Ansom except maybe in freeing his head from his shoulders. The only side interested so far in capture of Parson is Charlie, and I hardly call what waits for him there "freedom."

Plus, if Parson switched sides, it would just be him versus a single side with no allies that had already just lost its capital. Where's the dramatic story in that? Without Parson, Wanda and her pliers aren't all THAT impressive.

Welf von Ehrwald wrote:BTW, because nobody has mentioned it: What was/is Jillians special mission? Whatever it is, it is something unusual, and she wouldn't talk about it with Vinnie. Helping the next to TV strongest ally in the RCC 2 to win a decisive battle isn't something she needs to keep a secret.
Also it's unlikely, that the unknown caster is Vanna. A turnamancer can help turning captives, but that apparently takes time. it would make more sense for her to wait in the MK until GK's turn is over and she can safely do her work.

I agree with both of these points. Plus, the turnamancer is probably busy helping to pop and heir right now.

OneHugeTuck wrote:Seriously.

The new Wanda looks has GOT. TO. GO.

People just need to get over it. Wanda is very unlikely to stop in the middle of battle to change clothes. While we don't really know why Wanda changes clothes much more frequently than other units, I just doubt that she'll have opportunity to do so until camping at the end of this turn. That's probably a few months away in real world time.
GobwinPie

Postby Chit Rule Railroad » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:34 pm

Keldaria wrote:soo Jillian is in the jetstone capital... meaning 2 ruling parties are in 1 capital...

Considering all the city-claiming- and side-founding-capable characters in the battlespace (most of Jetstone outside of their capital with a royal heir; a foreign royal in Spacerock, under the influence of two crafty strategists, possibly with an heir behind in her capital; Haggar's grudge-holding chief warlord likely to be marching toward Spacerock), the possibilities for a game of musical capitals is already dazzling, even before considering the proximity of GK's chief warlord and the speculation about Wanda's loyalty. Unless Slately is not in Spacerock, I wouldn't be optimistic about his future.
Chit Rule Railroad
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Ytaker » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:24 pm

Glenn wrote:While Jillian didn't break the rules of parley as badly as Parson or Bea did, she at least bent them when she called for Parley, and then revealed she was parleying with the western Giants, and not with Duncan Scone. One reason why she took Scone alive may be precisely because she felt a bit uncomfortable with that level of deception.

Doubt she cared that much. She just wanted a high level warlord.
Ytaker

Postby Infidel » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:36 pm

Angband wrote:Except that there is no social system that has the concepts of Duty and Loyalty enforced by Natural Thinkamancy. Remember, at the end of TBfGK1, Parson could not order the casters into the portal to the magic kingdom, because he hadn't yet ruled out the possibility that uncroaking the volcano might work. Parson might have had no choice except to have Bogroll do the veiled stab at Ansom.

That was an ASSUMPTION that Wanda made. If Parson had tried to give the order and then bit his tongue or been restrained in some way similar to the way he was forced to laugh at Stanley's not-funny jokes, then we'd be able to accept that conclusion at face value. But since he did not, I still don't buy it. I still say that Parson didn't give his friends that order because of personal reasons, not duty.
Who is that beautiful red-headed devil,
Stabs you in the heart so that she can level?
It's Scarlet!
- BC
Infidel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Menas » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:57 pm

GobwinPie wrote:
Menas wrote:Man, I really wanted to see Jillian off Stanley and free Parson while this battle was going on. I guess that fantasy is officially over now.

I seriously doubt that Jillian has any interest in "freeing" the Gobwin Knob warlord whose strategies killed Ansom except maybe in freeing his head from his shoulders. The only side interested so far in capture of Parson is Charlie, and I hardly call what waits for him there "freedom."

Plus, if Parson switched sides, it would just be him versus a single side with no allies that had already just lost its capital. Where's the dramatic story in that? Without Parson, Wanda and her pliers aren't all THAT impressive.

Well, we know that Jillian is VERY interested in killing Stanley. I thought that with everything that's going on at Jetstone Jillian and Charles might want to stage an air assault on GK and waste Stanley, thereby proving that having an Arkentool doesn't mean you have the Titans on your side, and doesn't mean you're invincible. Offing Stanley would free Parson, as temporary as that might be.

Also, even though Jillian might not like Parson, Charlie very much desires to have him as an asset. Charlie and Jillian are allied now, so I doubt she'd break that alliance just for a bit of personal vengeance.

You've got a good point about the storyline though. If GK lost the capital it would be Wanda against the world and Parson. And all they'd really need to do is kill Wanda. The story would end pretty quickly if it took that turn. Which explains why it didn't ;-).
Menas

Postby AllPurposeNerd » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:28 am

GobwinPie wrote:People just need to get over it.

I appreciate you.

GobwinPie wrote:While we don't really know why Wanda changes clothes much more frequently than other units...

Originally, I assumed it was a reference to Final Fantasy X-2, a.k.a. Final Fantasy Dress-Up where the all-female party would actually change to a different skimpy outfit to gain access to different class abilities.

This is to say nothing of the Moogle suit.
Takeoff every Sig. You know what you do.
AllPurposeNerd
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby fehler » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:33 pm

Wanda wanted Jack to conserve his juice. I wonder what they needed that juice for, and if they'll still need it in whatever plan comes out of this jumble. Maybe they were planning to veil Spacerock after taking it? New text update idea: a Parson's Klog explaining what the original battle plan would have been, and what they thought they knew about Jetstone forces going in to this turn.
fehler

Postby slb » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:58 pm

OneHugeTuck wrote:Seriously.
The new Wanda looks has GOT. TO. GO.

I don't know if this dressing idea is Rob's or Xin's, but I like it very much and it's beautifully rendered by Xin :mrgreen:

GobwinPie wrote:While we don't really know why Wanda changes clothes much more frequently than other units, [...]

Of course we know, see the cast of characters: Wanda has Strengh: Fashion
slb

Postby Watsit Hoohow » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:48 pm

GobwinPie wrote:I seriously doubt that Jillian has any interest in "freeing" the Gobwin Knob warlord whose strategies killed Ansom except maybe in freeing his head from his shoulders. The only side interested so far in capture of Parson is Charlie, and I hardly call what waits for him there "freedom."

Jillian is dealing with Charlie though. There's no indication that Charlie isn't interested in Parson anymore, so there's a possibility that any "stop GK" deal that Charlie and Jillian have cooked up together will likely include a Charlie-gets-Parson clause.
Very Amazing Adventures (possibly inappropriate)
Watsit Hoohow

Postby theseus2x » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:08 pm

Watsit Hoohow wrote:
GobwinPie wrote:I seriously doubt that Jillian has any interest in "freeing" the Gobwin Knob warlord whose strategies killed Ansom except maybe in freeing his head from his shoulders. The only side interested so far in capture of Parson is Charlie, and I hardly call what waits for him there "freedom."

Jillian is dealing with Charlie though. There's no indication that Charlie isn't interested in Parson anymore, so there's a possibility that any "stop GK" deal that Charlie and Jillian have cooked up together will likely include a Charlie-gets-Parson clause.

Possible. I wonder how bound Jillian is to whatever Charlie's plan is. Surely he must know that she's deviated from plans (many times) before.
theseus2x

Previous

Return to Reactions