Book 2 - Text Updates 001

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 - Text Updates 001

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:15 am

Smoker wrote:Now that we know Sizemore isn't there, Im inclined to agree. There still might be a surprise caster introduction later on, but Im not really expecting it, if you know what I mean.

Alas, no I don't understand. What's with them nudges and the winking? Please say more.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Smoker » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:13 pm

Heh, my written word really sucks these days, probably from practicing other languages.

I just mean that if there is another caster (edit: ie. in Wanda's army), I wont find it outrageously shocking, but at the moment I'm willing to accept that there isn't.
No, no. It hit him in the brain because it killed him. - Dante
Smoker

Postby hanglekuk » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:52 pm

The question which was bugging me so far after this update - is there some sort of "code of conduct". What happens if one caster is responsible for others death? He's outcasted at MK? Nothing happens at all, etc.
They are all barbarians. But somehow there should be rules too. Itching to know more about MK.
hanglekuk

Postby GobwinPie » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:41 am

joosy wrote: They woud rather have a Dirtamancer do the work but apparently it CAN be done by hand - they would just rather pay the Rands or the concept of doing it themselves is too alien or beneath them.

I don't think there's any really good reason to cast aspersions on the MK because they are willing to hire skilled labor. I mean, did you build the house you live in, or was it beneath you to do so? Maybe it's just tough, sweaty, time-consuming labor that most people would rather hire someone else for if they can afford it.

Dancing Cthulhu wrote:Interesting update. I wonder if Sizemore ever talks to Parson anymore about how he feels.

What can Parson really do except feel terrible about it? I think that Sizemore might just too nice of a guy to really unload something like that on him.
GobwinPie

Postby DevilDan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:54 pm

slor wrote:Of course the main reason that people are reacting oddly is because they are scared of him. Sizemore has gone from someone who makes paths and shapes gardens to being able to detonate entire hexes and croak all those within.

That, and he is involved revolutions of Erf-shaking proportions, new magics, almost heretical in nature, are secondary compared to the sociopolitical and religious facet of GK's ascension.

hanglekuk wrote:The question which was bugging me so far after this update - is there some sort of "code of conduct". What happens if one caster is responsible for others death? He's outcasted at MK? Nothing happens at all, etc.
They are all barbarians. But somehow there should be rules too. Itching to know more about MK.

War and, by extension, death are constants in Erf. Casters who leave the MK do die, and this must occasionally happen at the hands or partially due to the actions of other casters. I'm sure that they understand that "business is business." And the business of Erf, to steal a phrase, is War.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Previous

Return to Reactions