Book 2 – Page 6

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 6

Postby balder » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:33 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 6

Postby Atomic » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:37 am

Clearly Ansom has issues with Parson's authority... He seems pretty upset. Love that final panel, though.

"The enemy can see nothing else in this hex." --- Hahahaha
Last edited by Atomic on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Balder wrote:We have one rule in these forums: don't be a dick.
Atomic

Postby Engy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:38 am

I should really learn to stop drinking anything when I read erfworld, I hate cleaning up my laptop.
I'm not an Eskimo!
Engy
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Daggnir » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:39 am

I wonder what else parson has been inventing... Very good strip. I like to see ansom so frustrated, as I find him to be a bit of a tool (non-titany sense).
Daggnir

Postby JenBurdoo » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:41 am

Heh. "Flashing" the enemy. Must have a magical component to it because you'd think surely someone would be immune (female, for example). Or gay. Or suspicious ("They're flashing us. What DON'T they want us to see?").

I notice casters need "juice." Do they have action points as well as movement points? Has this been mentioned before? Is it possible that there are major spells that would need multiple turns to cast?
JenBurdoo

Postby random_guy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:42 am

Oh, snap. Ansom just got told by Jack. What's up with this whole "son of Jetstone" thing? I thought Ansom no longer cared about royalty.
random_guy
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Albatross! » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:44 am

:mrgreen:

You guys.
Albatross!
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Sulla » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:44 am

Hahaha, hilarious strip!
Sulla

Postby Zak3056 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:45 am

I don't think Jack likes Ansom very much, either. :)

You had to expect it to happen eventually, but when we go back to the comment in book 1, "Ansom wants to be my lackey or something," it's interesting to see how the past couple of months have really made Ansom chafe under Parson's shadow.

edit: re: the last panel.... it's always nice to see people take so much joy in their work.
Last edited by Zak3056 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zak3056

Postby TheMutant » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:45 am

Most hilarious strip ever. X) Also man do I love Jack.

Speaking of, of all characters, it's clear that none might spell disaster for GK more than Jack should he turn. A genius illusionist with an intimate knowledge of Parson's tactics and strategy... the mind boggles at the problems he could cause singlehandely. And story-wise I consider him to be at high risk for just that, given the set-up we had for drama with Jillian we had from Book 1.
Join the Erflings fanart gallery on DeviantArt!

Sixty wrote:Obviously the mystery caster has no particular feelings one way or the other about Parson, he simply heard "cue the Benny Hill music" and gave chase, compelled to do so by forces outside his control.
TheMutant
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Lamorak » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:47 am

Flash Mob - the epitome of all out warfare in Erfworld

Brilliant! :lol:

And I love how Ansoms getting ticked off about being overridden by Parson. Kudos to whoever said they were going to try and capture the Prince's
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.
- Sun Tzu
Lamorak

Postby Dancing Cthulhu » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:49 am

Heh, a flash mob indeed. Very literal and funny - I'm guessing these are Archons with shockomancy.

And so Ansom and Ossomer are going to go at it - the two alphamales. This should be interesting. And the Ansom/Parson tension raises another notch - even with the new philosophy of the decrypted Ansom still maintains his feelings of social superiority. He may no longer see himself as a royal, but he is still a son of Jetstone.

And a live capture too - what could possibly go wrong I wonder? (Lots I imagine - and hopefully will, for nice drama and action).

JenBurdoo wrote:I notice casters need "juice." Do they have action points as well as movement points? Has this been mentioned before? Is it possible that there are major spells that would need multiple turns to cast?

Yes, it was established a while ago that casters run on juice (and Western Giants as well, maybe ;) )
Last edited by Dancing Cthulhu on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
And so my time with the Tardy Elves draws to a close, and I am let to ponder how the experience will... eh, I'll finish later. No need to rush.
Dancing Cthulhu

Postby konmanrocks » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:50 am

archons flashing the enemy as a distraction, halaroius. who needs a veil, they have boobs!
konmanrocks
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Aquillion » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:52 am

I have a feeling this is going to go badly.

EDIT: I wonder, what exactly do Dittomancers do? Could the Ossomer in the hex be a duplicate?
Last edited by Aquillion on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aquillion

Postby Chemical » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:53 am

Well, an interesting way to approach it but still very risky. If they lose Ansom, they lose their highest level Warlord which will be a very big drawback for GK. And if Wanda goes in as well, then this becomes very very risky. This might be exactly what Jetstone wanted GK to do. They know about decryption and that it retains the individuals' memories, so presenting a possibility for capture might be their attempt to eliminate the decrypted force, since decryption's greatest weakness is Wanda.
Chemical

Postby Sintar07 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:55 am

Hahaha... I really liked the last panel. It made me laugh out loud.

On a different note, my last post didn't post for some reason. Does anyone know what might be wrong?
Beware the Borg Tribbles!!
Sintar07

Postby Zak3056 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:55 am

TheMutant wrote:Speaking of, of all characters, it's clear that none might spell disaster for GK more than Jack should he turn. A genius illusionist with an intimate knowledge of Parson's tactics and strategy... the mind boggles at the problems he could cause singlehandely. And story-wise I consider him to be at high risk for just that, given the set-up we had for drama with Jillian we had from Book 1.

Jack had his chance to turn, and he didn't. He stayed loyal--to Stanley of all people--while at the same time turning his back on Jillian. With that in mind, it's hard to picture him turning on Parson.
Zak3056

Postby Chemical » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:57 am

Sintar07 wrote:Hahaha... I really liked the last panel. It made me laugh out loud.

On a different note, my last post didn't post for some reason. Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Too many people posting at the same time? Or the server was distracted by the flashing archons?
Chemical

Postby HailGreen28 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:57 am

UNNECESSARY RISK.

If they were going to capture, they should have sent veiled units with Ansom to the parley.

Why risk your most valuable units on a side-scheme, when you appear to have outmaneuvered your opponent in the main assault, and can send single lesser units ahead of you to make sure your main force doesn't fall into a trap making the main assault? Or use the Bracer to calculate odds and not risk any units scouting or an abduction right in front of the enemy main force YOU WERE TRYING TO BYPASS ANYWAYS!

FOCUS ON THE MAIN OBJECTIVE, Wanda!
HailGreen28

Postby Lord Kasavin » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:58 am

Interesting. "Some one smarter" is undoubtedly Parson who came up with the idea while Jack helped him run simulations. Apparently, he's been passing along any interesting strategies and tactics Parson comes up with to Wanda. Hence, despite his efforts he's still in the warlord business. It also shows Jack and Wanda communicate more often than they ever did in Book 1 (though for good reasons). This kind of makes sense in that they're both from FAQ and have history, and we don't know why he didn't turn when Jillian asked.

Now, does anyone have a guess at the target? Ossomer or Tramennis would be obvious, but which? The primitive Tactical display that Jack summoned seems to point towards Tramennis.

I now picture Tramennis stealing the Arkenpliers while Wanda attempts to interrogate him and turning the entire army sans Dwagons against Wanda and Jack. Now that would set up the rest of the book alone.
"Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore
Lord Kasavin

Next

Return to Reactions