Digdoug - Episode 16

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby MonteCristo » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:41 pm

Ya i'm thinking that Charlie was just one big red herring. Honestly with how much bad stuff Charlie has been up too people could not stop guessing how charlie was gonna double cross Homekey and screw them all over. The fact that we knew so many terrible things about Charlie created half the tension in this story arc, but no, red herring, Charlie was playing it straight the whole time. Playing straight is how charlie does business under normal circumstances; that's how charlie manages to develop a good reputation as a merc; if screwing clients over was how he did businesses then he would probably be out of business by now. If did screw clients over normally (making trouble to make business) then it would be the kind of trouble his clients wouldn't know about; He'll screw you over to his advantage, but you usually won't realize he did it, something like breaking contract is too blatantly obvious... its only when he finds reason to get personally invested that he starts pulling dirty tricks.

But I doubt that means this is over... It still seems very possible that Prince Creen will end up causing a mess for Homekey.
User avatar
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:48 pm

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby Lamech » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:43 am

Charlie hasn't really screwed any clients over from what we've seen. He deals straight. His Archons haven't given free bonuses (magical protection), but I assume he was up front about it. He drives a hard bargain, but he hasn't seemed to try and slip stuff past people in contracts. As soon as the contract is over he will hire out to your enemy. (I think that's the main danger with Charlie in this story.)

The only time with an actual betrayal was the Jillian incident. But even that was reasonably clear that he reserved the chance to mess her up. Oh and he had the assistance of someone on the inside. (And even then the first thing he did was complete his obligations.)
Lamech
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:23 am

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby MonteCristo » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:18 am

Lamech wrote:Charlie hasn't really screwed any clients over from what we've seen. He deals straight. His Archons haven't given free bonuses (magical protection), but I assume he was up front about it. He drives a hard bargain, but he hasn't seemed to try and slip stuff past people in contracts. As soon as the contract is over he will hire out to your enemy. (I think that's the main danger with Charlie in this story.)

There's also the time he screwed over Spacerock when he was supposed to back up Transvito to take on Stanely. Ansom had a plan for Charlie to join Tansvito to take on Stanely on his way to Faq, but Charlie was tempted by Parson's offer and thus found a loop hole out of the agreement (namely increase the cost of his services so Transilvito would not hire him)... And then when Ansom was on the wall, he again change his "prices" taking advantage of Ansom's desperation. Yes, nothing illegal about what he was doing, but its the kind of wheeling and dealing that would make space rock second guess ever trusting him. He's taking advantage of his clients; not exactly what I call playing straight with them.

The only time with an actual betrayal was the Jillian incident. But even that was reasonably clear that he reserved the chance to mess her up. Oh and he had the assistance of someone on the inside. (And even then the first thing he did was complete his obligations.)


There was nothing "reasonably clear" about it. What was "reasonably clear" was that he was offering Jillian what she wanted, a fix for her flower addition. The fact that the contract had a loop hole that allowed him to do much more, was how he screwed her over. We know for a fact that she would have never agreed to that deal if she knew what he was really planning. So that would be a prime case of Charlie betraying his client; its a clear case of him slipping something past the client through his contracts. Whether or not he actually broke his official contract is irrelevant... he created a loophole that would allow him to do things his client would have never agreed too, its a clear case of him not playing straight.

Really playing straight means being honest and fair with your clients. You don't just uphold the strict wording of the contract, but also the spirit of the contract. You work to your client's benefit and don't look for loop holes to exploit. That's how you get a good reputation as a merc. If you keep looking for loop holes, then you'll get the reputation as a backstabber, someone you can't trust to sign a contract with. I assume that Charlie does NOT have that kind of reputation, and thus assume that he does not perform such acts of betrayal often.
User avatar
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:48 pm

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby Lamech » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:05 am

MonteCristo wrote:
Lamech wrote:Charlie hasn't really screwed any clients over from what we've seen. He deals straight. His Archons haven't given free bonuses (magical protection), but I assume he was up front about it. He drives a hard bargain, but he hasn't seemed to try and slip stuff past people in contracts. As soon as the contract is over he will hire out to your enemy. (I think that's the main danger with Charlie in this story.)

There's also the time he screwed over Spacerock when he was supposed to back up Transvito to take on Stanely. Ansom had a plan for Charlie to join Tansvito to take on Stanely on his way to Faq, but Charlie was tempted by Parson's offer and thus found a loop hole out of the agreement (namely increase the cost of his services so Transilvito would not hire him)... And then when Ansom was on the wall, he again change his "prices" taking advantage of Ansom's desperation. Yes, nothing illegal about what he was doing, but its the kind of wheeling and dealing that would make space rock second guess ever trusting him. He's taking advantage of his clients; not exactly what I call playing straight with them.

Neither of those are treachery. Their contract with Charlie was over. Why would Charlie not deal with GK. He is a merc. Parson purchased Charlie not killing Stanley. They're lucky Stanley didn't hire them to wipe the coalition.
And raising prices? Yeah, that's what happens when you are in a tight spot. Especially when you refuse the contract before hand. If you try to get away with not needing them, the merc need to raise prices. That's what happens when you make them take the risk of being unneeded.

The Jillian I'll give you that was using a contract loophole. But even there he was working with a member of the side. And this was presumably, a very important goal. This random unimportant side? Not happening.
Lamech
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:23 am

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby spriteless » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:42 am

Yeah, he's very good about keeping to the letter of his contracts. Definitely not the spirit of them. I mean, unless the spirit is supposed to be mercenary. He's great at that. I think it is why Charlie and Posbrake will get along so well.

You're arguing about whether it's moral to be that way... well, if not moral then it is predictable enough to earn nearly as many alies as morality earns friends. I bet to Charlie that is just a risk/reward math problem like that.
T'was a splendidly speedy defection.
spriteless
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:58 pm

He didn't do anything wrong with Jillian. The contract included that she would forget everything about her encounter with Charlie, it's the entire reason he even did anything at all for Jillian. The only thing that wouldn't have been expected was the Healomancer trying to remove her aggression, which is outside of Charlie's control.

And for the high price with Transylvito, he wasn't under contract at the time, so once again, no problems there.

The thing with Charlie seems to be that when you have a contract with him, you can expect him to do exactly what the contract stipulates. We have never once seen any indication that he has even slightly tried to screw someone over or loophole someone that he has a contract with.

Now, outside of a contract, he will wheel and deal and steal and double deal and be fickle and adjust and so on. The increased price with Ansome when he suddenly wanted help while his life was in danger... well, that's just a no brainer. That isn't even Charlie being an ass or shifty or anything. That's just business. Higher demand = higher price.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby Denar » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Taikei no Yuurei wrote:He didn't do anything wrong with Jillian. The contract included that she would forget everything about her encounter with Charlie, it's the entire reason he even did anything at all for Jillian.

...

The thing with Charlie seems to be that when you have a contract with him, you can expect him to do exactly what the contract stipulates. We have never once seen any indication that he has even slightly tried to screw someone over or loophole someone that he has a contract with.


“And that’s ironclad, right?” asked Jillian. “He’s forced to destroy everything he’s got for Flower Power? Stockpiles, facilities, recipes, whatever?”

Brother Labeler blinked and nodded slowly. “Of that, I am confident, Princess. But this is the section I’m concerned with,” he said. He had meticulously transcribed the revised Deal of a Lifetime contract for her, in his exacting and beautiful hand. “Special to your contract. Please read that carefully.”


So, we know that the two following things are unique to her contract. Nobody else got their minds wiped, just put under lock-and-key, so the mind wiping clause that "allowed" him should have been outlined here?

Section VII - Experimental Thinkamancy/Healomancy Procedure

Part 1 - Contractor’s Responsibility - Contractor will apply proprietary magicks (Arkendish) to link with Healomancer and fashion such spells and procedures to Client as are necessary to substantially diminish or eliminate Client’s dependency on Flower Power. Should the first attempt fail to achieve these aims, Contractor will make up to three (3) additional attempts, utilizing Healomancer(s) provided by Client or at Client’s own expense. Contractor will, to the best of his ability and in good faith, attempt to cure Client and minimize lingering symptoms.


Ok, so nothing here. This is specifically about removing the dependency on Flower Power. Wanda had a treatment without needing to lose her memories as well, so it can't be this. Also note the "and in good faith" line.

Part 2 - Client’s Responsibility. Client will present herself in a timely manner within ten turns of Turn of Effect, and cooperate with Contractor and Healomancer. Client will submit to treatment involving Healomancy and Thinkamancy with the understanding that these are unproven and largely undocumented procedures, with unknown risks, including (but not limited to) Life, Signamancy, identity, sanity, and basic functioning of client as a unit and a Warlord. Client expressly grants permission to Contractor and Healomancer to apply changes as needed to the functioning of Client’s mind, at Contractor and Healomancer’s sole discretion.


That's the line. That's the only way he could justify that Jillian was giving Charlie permission to wipe her mind. And it's pretty flimsy at best. On Charlie's side, there's utterly no reason why wiping her memories is necessary for the "functioning" of her mind. At least Betsy thought that Jillian was a genocidal brute, and so "removing her aggression" would somehow better change the functioning of her mind, at her discretion.

The real horror is that the treatment that Jillian signed herself up for put her entirely at the mercy of Charlie's whims. There was nothing in the contract about wiping memories being part of the process. There was nothing in the contract that explicitly ruled out wiping memories while he was in there. You're right that Charlie only went through with it because it was his secret plan all along, to get Jillian to agree to put herself in this position of weakness. But it was just not part of the contract. There was nothing in the agreement that said "You can wipe my mind" nor "You can't wipe my mind".

And that's how he screwed her over. He basically said - "Will you let me inside your mind and control everything at my discretion if, at the end of it, your addiction to Flower Power is cured?" and she said "Yes." She didn't make sure the line was "Will you let me inside your mind if, while in there, I only cure your addiction to Flower Power?"

This is the kind of "screwing with agreements/contracts" that I expect to see Charlie take now, with Homekey/Numlock/Delkey. They've got their own agreements with him, but none of them know what he's getting out of them. (could just be the Schmuckers with no penalty)

(needs to be said: I wouldn't expect Charlie to take this attitude with all his clients, but as the story is following these guys, it's acceptable to just believe that they're part of the special few that will get screwed by him)

after edit: also! found this funny :D

“And that’s [the contract] ironclad, right?” asked Jillian.


Casters wore no armor, but the iron of a contract with Charlescomm suddenly felt solid upon his chest.

Digdoug smiled, and unbound another spell.


Uh oh Digdoug!
Denar
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:27 pm

There are at least 6 other sections to this contract. I'd honestly be surprised if it didn't include that she was going to get her memories erased, as opposed to simply locked down like the others. It is possible that that was all the warning she got, and if so that would be fairly weaselly, but I still say the healomancer was the one really going loophole crazy in trying to destroy Jillian's aggression (though she seems to have failed quite miserably at it).

But, I will give that the possibility exists that he'll push the letter of the contract to the edge, as opposed to going with the spirit. But, I don't think that's his normal method. If he got a reputation for screwing people over on contracts, he'd have trouble getting work. Though, in honesty, I'd imagine his contracts are so hefty that he really doesn't leave alot of unknowns for people. In fact, I'd think he goes out of his way to point out 'now, this doesn't cover spell security, but for 1,000 extra schmuckers a turn, that can be provided as well'.

Overall though, I suppose I have a much more favorable view of Charlie than most people, perhaps because I imagine I'd be taking a similar role as him if giving the opportunity.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby Lilwik » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:33 pm

Taikei no Yuurei wrote:I'd honestly be surprised if it didn't include that she was going to get her memories erased, as opposed to simply locked down like the others.
That would be very strange. All that Charlie needs is a loophole big enough to allow him to erase her memory, so why would he go to the trouble of advertising what he intends to do to Jillian in a place where she might read about it? If Jillian found out his plan, she would never have agreed to it, and even if she didn't read the entire contract herself there's a good chance that Labeler would draw her attention to the memory-erasing bit. The only way Charlie could hope to erase Jillian's memory was by taking her by surprise, otherwise Jillian would have insisted that the contract be modified to forbid it, or even just endured her addiction.
Lilwik
 
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby Lipkin » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:16 am

Don't forget that Charlie's motive was destroying the Jester, not erasing her memory. That was Betsy's doing.
User avatar
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby Lilwik » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:52 am

Lipkin wrote:Don't forget that Charlie's motive was destroying the Jester, not erasing her memory. That was Betsy's doing.
It's actually never made exactly clear what was done to Jillian, but I seriously doubt that Betsy would have erased Jillian's memory, at least not intentionally. It seems clear that Betsy had only two objectives: remove Jillian's addiction and remove Jillian's aggression. I'm sure that Betsy felt that she was actually helping Jillian by doing that, so Betsy wouldn't do anything obviously harmful like destroying memories. Betsy couldn't even understand how aggression could be connected to conscience, since in Betsy's mind aggression and conscience are naturally at war with each other and Betsy was trying to help Jillian's conscience win that war.

In comparison to Betsy, Charlie's objectives are entirely mysterious, so I feel safe in blaming him for any memory erasing that may have happened.
Lilwik
 
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby MonteCristo » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:18 am

Lemech wrote:Neither of those are treachery. Their contract with Charlie was over. Why would Charlie not deal with GK. He is a merc. Parson purchased Charlie not killing Stanley. They're lucky Stanley didn't hire them to wipe the coalition.
And raising prices? Yeah, that's what happens when you are in a tight spot. Especially when you refuse the contract before hand. If you try to get away with not needing them, the merc need to raise prices. That's what happens when you make them take the risk of being unneeded.


It IS treachery. Being loyal to your client does NOT mean just abiding by the strict wording of your contract but also abiding by the spirit of it; its about maintaining trust. If you look for loopholes or find ways to double deal that's within bounds of your contract, then you are betraying the trust of your client. They are the kind of Merc's that would make potential clients think twice about hiring merc's.

Let me ask you; knowing what you know about Charlie, would you EVER consider hiring him? Are you fine with the fact that he will abide by the strict wording of the contract? Or are you too worried that he might find a loophole and screw you over to even want to risk hiring charlie? Really, even the stunt he pulled at the battle of GK would be enough to get me to second guess hiring Charlie. Ansom had a plan and Charlie was appraised of this plan, and knowing that he was part of the plan, saw a loophole to get out of the plan for his own personal benefit and would leave Anom's plans ruined. If I can't trust a merc to stand by me and not screw me over, then why should I hire him at all? Heck around here people have been thinking it was a terrible idea for Homekey to hire Charlie because they fully believe that he WILL find a way to screw them over. Even if he stays within his contract, he will find a way to betray them. If Charlie kept up this kind of behavior, he would have a terrible reputation as a merc

This is however why i do not think Charlie will be the one to screw over Homekey. If the kind of double dealing and treachery Charlie showed at the battle of GK and when dealing with Jillian was how he normally conducted business, then he would have a TERRIBLE reputation by now. There would be plenty of rumors that Charlie can't be trusted; that he will double deal and betray you and find loopholes. No one would hire someone like that. No, under normal circumstances, Charlie deals fairly with his clients. He leaves his clients happy so he can be hired by them again, and so they will recommand his services to allied sides and increase his client base. The only time he betray's his client is when he has something personal at stake(like a security leak) or when he finds something very rare and valuable (like a smart warlord with a valuable magic artifact). Frankly i think it only make sense that Charlie would deal fairly with the vast majority of his clients

Lipkin wrote:Don't forget that Charlie's motive was destroying the Jester, not erasing her memory. That was Betsy's doing.


No wiping out Jillian's memory was Charlie's doing as well; as he said, he was just there for "clean up" and then the insects that represented charlie began eating away at Jillian's memories. Charlie is all about keeping his secrets, secret; so giving the chance to do a full mind wipe on someone who knows too much, he'll take it.
User avatar
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:48 pm

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby Silversought » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:42 am

MonteCristo wrote:Let me ask you; knowing what you know about Charlie, would you EVER consider hiring him? Are you fine with the fact that he will abide by the strict wording of the contract? Or are you too worried that he might find a loophole and screw you over to even want to risk hiring charlie?


I feel like, given what I know of the story so far, I would be glad to hire Charlie. He's obviously an effective mercenary, and his contracts are very convenient (if expensive) since he has such a far reach in both communication and military force. If I was in a bad spot, but had the schmuckers left, he might very well be my best choice (unless I discover more about moneymancy & side abilities than I currently know). If the opposition had both the will and schmuckers to hire him, then I might still be able to work something out, depending on the contract they're paying for.

Charlie might scheme a great deal, but until I see him actually execute a direct contract breach, he's actually one of the most trustworthy neutral sides around. Known variable and words like that.
Silversought
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:17 pm

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby Lipkin » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:32 am

I reread the update. Looks like Charlie was just there to destroy the Jester, remove the addiction, and Jillian's memories of himself. Everything else was Betsy's doing.

The Betsy statue put its hands together and looked around. “What do we do now?”

“Like the contract says,” said the Charlie-bugs, “we cure her. Let’s start with the addiction. You can pull out whatever else you don’t like in here. I really don’t care.”

They began tearing things out of her mind. Memories. Opinions. Pleasures. Hatreds. She knew what these were as they were seized, but then the things vanished as concepts. Everything she knew about Charlie, the insects picked out and ate clean.

At some point, near the end, they pulled out her comprehension of the situation itself. The negotiations, the contract, the link-up. For a fleeting moment, she knew the magnitude of her defeat. This was worse than croaking, worse than losing her side. She would be herself no more, after this, with no idea what had been taken from her, or by whom.
User avatar
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 am

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby wih » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:59 am

Denar wrote:Wanda had a treatment without needing to lose her memories as well, so it can't be this.


Don't be so sure, we don't know what happened in there. We do know that after Wanda's treatment she became...well, more psychopathic. We also know this:

“Much simpler than the Croakamancer,” said a million insects at once.


And, we know that the Wanda of Book 0/P3+ has little-to-no loyalty to any of her sides, has an obsessive personality, and is generally unhinged.

What if the changes, the change to being more extreme, in both Wanda and Jillian came from whatever Charlie did? What if Charlie couldn't wipe Wanda's memories because her mind was too complex?

I don't doubt for a moment that if Charlie wanted to screw with Wanda's mind, and could, he would have. And I have no doubt that there was something of value to him that he could have done there. And it seems too convenient that both Wanda and Jillian had personality changes for the worse post-Book0/P2, after these procedures.
wih
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:07 am

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:43 am

wih wrote:And it seems too convenient that both Wanda and Jillian had personality changes for the worse post-Book0/P2, after these procedures.

How did Jillian's personality change? As far as I can tell, she is exactly the same now as she was before the 'operation'.

Wanda... well, honestly, she seems more or less the same too until she gets the backlash from the spell she cast on Jillian. That's when she starts acting weird and being super obsessive.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby Mrtyuh » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:44 am

Let me just start by saying that I am really glad that Charlie is sticking to the contract. His reputation is very valuable to him, and I can't see him risking it unless something of far greater value than schmuckers is at stake. While he may use every loophole he can find to fleece a customer and blatantly violate the spirit of an agreement, he won't ever violate the letter of one. If he did that all the time, it would rob the impact of when Parson finally forces him to in desperation. Of course, something is going to go wrong, just for dramatic tension, but I doubt it will be a blatant betrayal by Charlie.

twhitt wrote:Hmm. Prediction.
Spoiler: show
Creen takes command of his own ranged units, ordering them to kill. Their focus fire manages to KO a few of the Archons, inadvertently bankrupting Homekey.

"The archers...he supposed he would split them between Outer Walls and Garrison at first. After parley, his opening salvo would be pure magic, focused on the heavy flyers, particularly the mounts of the casters (if possible, though with all the enemy's available Foolamancy it seemed unlikely that they would be granted a clear choice of targets). Whatever enemy units survived after that onslaught might show a preference for the airspace in one region of the city or another. He would then redeploy his archers wherever they would have the best chance at downing the remnants."

The implication is that archers can't hit everything in the airspace from a single location. As long as the archons stay close to the tower, they should be safe from any archers located on the walls, where Creen is. While I assume that the script involves allowing the archons to withdraw unmolested, they will be vulnerable to Creens archers then.

Denar wrote:Yeah it looks like Charlie's gonna be good to his word, at least for the short term of this battle. Definitely feel now that Creen is the antagonist, especially after all that vitriol. We've still got the plot devices of the Pit-Scroll and Dove-in-the-Hole hovering over it, though.

Well, Creen is armed with a sword. That isn't a ranged weapon.

Squishalot wrote:I disagree. Peck is a Warlord who's been promoted up from the rank and file it appears (and has less experience at being a CW), whereas Creen is a Prince who is far more likely to have encountered Charlescomm in the past (which is grounds for suggesting that Charlescomm is not a mercenary force that hires out in the region, since Delkey would have run into them in the past). I think it'd be reasonable to say that if Creen didn't recognise Charlescomm's livery, there's no reason why Peck should have recognised it, warranting suspicion. Reading the update, Creen looked fairly sus, as he kept looking up into the sky when Peck brushed his question aside.

Still, it's a mercenary side that is currently allied with Numloch. Why would Creen assume this is the first time Numloch has employed them. It is totally plausible for that reason that Peck may have encountered them before and learned about them then. It may not hold up under close scrutiny, but the thought should eliminate immediate suspicion.

jeffseadot wrote:We don't seem to know a whole lot about the details of the contract, but the bits and pieces we've seen indicate that Posbrake's main concern is over units. And there's a provision about Charlie not conquering the city. But what do we know about damaging the city? What if the archons, using the pretext of putting on a convincing show, absolutely *ruin* the place down to a level 1? I haven't seen any reason to believe *that's* forbidden by the contract.

I doubt archons can do significant damage to the structures. The only things we've seen that can do that is siege weapons, fire and Dirtamancy. I don't think the Shockamancy the archons are employing qualifies as siege; you'd need something like Purple or Yellow Dwagons for that. Dirtamancy was not listed among archon specials, so I doubt they even have the dig ability. We've never seen archons use fire. With my usual provision that I certainly may be wrong, I just can't see archons have the ability to wreck the tower.

MonteCristo wrote:Ya i'm thinking that Charlie was just one big red herring. Honestly with how much bad stuff Charlie has been up too people could not stop guessing how charlie was gonna double cross Homekey and screw them all over. The fact that we knew so many terrible things about Charlie created half the tension in this story arc, but no, red herring, Charlie was playing it straight the whole time. Playing straight is how charlie does business under normal circumstances; that's how charlie manages to develop a good reputation as a merc; if screwing clients over was how he did businesses then he would probably be out of business by now. If did screw clients over normally (making trouble to make business) then it would be the kind of trouble his clients wouldn't know about; He'll screw you over to his advantage, but you usually won't realize he did it, something like breaking contract is too blatantly obvious... its only when he finds reason to get personally invested that he starts pulling dirty tricks.

But I doubt that means this is over... It still seems very possible that Prince Creen will end up causing a mess for Homekey.

You said it much better than I did. Thank you.
मृत्युः सर्वहरश्चाहमुद्भवश्च भविष्यताम् ।
User avatar
Mrtyuh
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 220
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:50 pm
Location: The Early Racoon Camp

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby Denar » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:17 am

wih wrote:
Denar wrote:Wanda had a treatment without needing to lose her memories as well, so it can't be this.


Don't be so sure, we don't know what happened in there. We do know that after Wanda's treatment she became...well, more psychopathic. We also know this:



I'm basing it more along the lines that Wanda and Jack can have their conversation (or as much as Wanda is still contractually allowed to), after Jack is Decrypted (and also between Wanda/Parson later), where it's clear that Wanda still has all her memories regarding the events that happened that day. So it wouldn't have been "necessary" to remove her memories to heal her of Flower Power addiction (as per part 1 of the contract). I'm talking specifically about the mind wipe part of the procedure.

Mrtyuh wrote:Well, Creen is armed with a sword. That isn't a ranged weapon.


Not understanding you. Yet you agreed with Montecristo who said a similar thing?
Denar
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby Xellos » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:52 am

Regarding Creen's possible suspicions after Peck identified Charlescomm:

Creen is ignorant. He's one of these livery-for-brains Royals, who'd hate someone just because they have high stature and are non-Royal. I bet he's heard about Charlescomm, but never showed any more interest in the side. For boop's sake, how many sides pop Archons (and basically Archons only, to boot)?! Flying... moth women... are plenty to identify Charlescomm, even if you don't know the livery. And it's not surprising that anyone high enough ranked would know a basic bit about them - unless you're a high-and-mighty Royal.
Xellos
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:53 am

Re: Digdoug - Episode 16

Postby Shai_hulud » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:56 pm

Seriously, am I really the only one who thought the Archons were actually saying "Zoom" out loud? Not as a spell, just for the lulz.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:57 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests