Digdoug - Episode 11

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Digdoug - Episode 11

Postby Lamech » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:29 pm

Morni wrote:About Dove upkeep.

We know that if the unit is fed, the upkeep goes down.

if fed maybe she only need 75 smuckers for upkeep or maybe if feed she doesn't need any but that's her pay.

Feeding might be all that you need for upkeep. Foraging could lower / remove your upkeep
First, that's an idea: they are feeding her (eliminating upkeep costs for her) AND paying her upkeep (so every turn she works for them she get's a turn off).

I still think her 75 upkeep compared to archons is just one more facet of casters being OP.
Lamech

Postby Lipkin » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:56 am

Godzfirefly wrote:
Lipkin wrote:People keep stating that Predictamancers are seen as unlucky. I don't think that's the whole truth. If I remember correctly, it's only barbarian predictamancers that failed to save their side that are considered unlucky.

Specifically, they said hiring a Predictamancer is unlucky. Whether it's because the Predictamancer failed to save their side or because people who hire them come to bad ends is never said.

Certainly any barbarian caster of the other disciplines that is available in the Magic Kingdom has also failed to save their side, though, so that would be a heck of a prejudice if only Predictamancers were blamed for it.

It would make sense though, as a predictamancer should have seen it coming, at least in theory.
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby raphfrk » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:22 am

Kornaki wrote:There may even be a thing going on here where a non-Royalist side trades for a Royal warlord so they can join the ranks of the goodish guys.

Interesting. If the warlord was made heir, then does he become King is the Overlord dies, I wonder.

Trading away the warlord would be the same as having them splitting off a side, but without having to give up any cities (at the risk that the Overlord doesn't die for a long time).
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Godzfirefly » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:44 pm

Lipkin wrote:It would make sense though, as a predictamancer should have seen it coming, at least in theory.

Seeing it coming doesn't give you the ability to change it. Far from it, in reality.

But, prejudice is pretty clearly an Erfworld thing to do, so maybe it doesn't have to be rational...
Godzfirefly

Postby 0beron » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:58 pm

Yeah, it's specifically said that the only casters who are shamed for being in the MK are Predictamancers. Apparently everyone else gets away guilt-free/blame-free for the fact that their side died.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:53 pm

asparagus wrote:Mung has just had thinkamancy powder blown in his face.

Before that.
drachefly

Postby Shai_hulud » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:36 pm

I'm more interested in the fact the Mung was really into girl talk to the point of clapping his hands. Maybe the Gob races aren't actually evil at all, and nobody gives them a chance to be nice guys & sissies. Maybe Wanda is missing out on a huge opportunity to have her hair combed & braided...
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby lonetrey » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:58 pm

I can't help but be suspicious of how easily Digdoug ran into Dove.

It's like... a "Carnspiracy"! or something.
lonetrey

Postby 0beron » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:41 pm

Meh, he had to pass right by her in order to go to the MK, it's not really suspicious or strange that she noticed him, especially if she was already awake in the first place after entertaining the King. Plus real life Carnies need to be highly observant, so maybe their Erf counterparts are likewise hard to sneak up on.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:53 pm

Plus she probably has carny senses that let her detect a mark.
Lamech

Postby NYbear » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:18 am

Shai_hulud wrote:I'm more interested in the fact the Mung was really into girl talk to the point of clapping his hands. Maybe the Gob races aren't actually evil at all, and nobody gives them a chance to be nice guys & sissies. Maybe Wanda is missing out on a huge opportunity to have her hair combed & braided...

You could be right, though I'm sure if Wanda ever wanted that, she'd find a way to make it happen, girl has some drive!

Tangent: Sadly Mung was one of the few times we got to see some shirtless beefcake action going on! <pines wistfully>
NYbear

Postby asparagus » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:15 am

NYbear wrote:
Shai_hulud wrote:I'm more interested in the fact the Mung was really into girl talk to the point of clapping his hands. Maybe the Gob races aren't actually evil at all, and nobody gives them a chance to be nice guys & sissies. Maybe Wanda is missing out on a huge opportunity to have her hair combed & braided...

You could be right, though I'm sure if Wanda ever wanted that, she'd find a way to make it happen, girl has some drive!

Tangent: Sadly Mung was one of the few times we got to see some shirtless beefcake action going on! <pines wistfully>

Well that all seems to be a conversation stopper.

Has anyone ever considered how carneymancy differs from weirdomancy (as opposed to carnal romance versus weird romance)?
asparagus

Previous

Return to Reactions