Epilogue 22 - The King of Jetstone's Diary

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Epilogue 22 - The King of Jetstone's Diary

Postby balder » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:59 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Epilogue 22 - The King of Jetstone's Diary

Postby Knight13 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:09 pm

80000 turns isn't quite as long as it sounds. In our time it's a little over 219 years. Still, that's probably a pretty long lifespan for a side in Erfworld.
Knight13

Postby badninja » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:25 pm

That is a sad fate for the new King. I have a feeling that He is one of the few units in Erfworld who can think latterly, sadly he will only find like minds among is enemy and an untrustworthy unit. Trem is far up stream with no battle and he is in far over his head.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby dogsx » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:27 pm

I know of another side which didn't have any suitable warlord to promote. Will the next book see Parson face a former war gaming buddy on the battlefield?
dogsx

Postby 0beron » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:35 pm

Thaaaaaaaank you Rob! Every time you give us a single date/duration, I pretty much do a jig.
Agreed that 80,000 isn't as long as it sounds, but it's a very valuable number to know, because I think it tells us something about Wanda's age and her peers. I still don't think Jetstone could have been around when Haffaton was gobbling up sides, given their proximity to FAQ.
Also, just love this whole update for the insights into Trem. It's exciting to see the direction he is thinking already....he's not condemning GK and cursing them for taking his family....he's talking about surviving, by (possibly) any means necessary.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Venthus » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:37 pm

...*twinge* Isn't his name Tramennis? Or is that just some unduly painful ye olde English font/spelling variant that's making me twitchy?
Venthus

Postby Zain » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:43 pm

Twice each, in fact, but that requires some telling.

Somehow this does not entirely bode well. If Ansom were to ever be fully croaked, it too would be his second time. I'm not sure if patterns are a thing, but Trammenis definitely has something to worry about. The very few pages left in that book is, as he noted, possibly ominous as well.

EDIT: Is that a Jetstone-Companion Cube under his table? I giggled when I saw it if it is.
Zain

Postby Beeskee » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:05 am

Great, even Rob is messing up the Tram/Trem thing now. :D
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby M.A.D » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:08 am

Knight13 wrote:80000 turns isn't quite as long as it sounds. In our time it's a little over 219 years. Still, that's probably a pretty long lifespan for a side in Erfworld.

219 years for 17 generations of kings. That makes for 12 years each, which isn't exactly much, but I suppose people in Erfworld aged differently as well. Slately was king for around 4000 turns (around 10 years), and he looks like he's approaching 60.
M.A.D

Postby Lipkin » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:08 am

Venthus wrote:...*twinge* Isn't his name Tramennis? Or is that just some unduly painful ye olde English font/spelling variant that's making me twitchy?

Yup, pretty glaring typo.

Also, interesting that Signamancers can make books that can only be read by certain people. Good skill for Parson to learn if he is a signamancer. At the very least, he could purchase such a book from a MK native Signamancer.

Or, OR! Parson is a signamancer, links with Jack and Wanda, and secures the iBooks.
Last edited by Lipkin on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Jabberwocky » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:09 am

Zain wrote:
Twice each, in fact, but that requires some telling.

Somehow this does not entirely bode well. If Ansom were to ever be fully croaked, it too would be his second time. I'm not sure if patterns are a thing, but Trammenis definitely has something to worry about. The very few pages left in that book is, as he noted, possibly ominous as well.

Wild late night speculation: What happened there was Fate! Every possible obstacle between Trem and being King of Jetstone was removed that turn. Capital, swapped. Slately, dead and replaced With RealDoll Slately to hold the side together. Ossomer, dead moments after he turned back. Fate was ensuring that Trem would be King.

It might go back for hundreds of turns. All those dead Jetstone royals, cut down by Fate to pave the way to King Tremm.
Jabberwocky

Postby 0beron » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:16 am

Hmmm, not a bad idea....we do gather that they used to have a lot of brothers....
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Arky » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:20 am

Knight13 wrote:80000 turns isn't quite as long as it sounds. In our time it's a little over 219 years. Still, that's probably a pretty long lifespan for a side in Erfworld.

Historically that's a pretty long lifespan for a nation in Stupidworld, let alone Erfworld. It's very impressive and goes a long way to explaining Jetstone's ingrained belief in the Jetstone way as THE right way.

It also confirms that Jetstone well and truly co-existed with Haffaton unless the survivors of book 0 have lived unbelievably long lives.

ETA: Did we see anyone during Book 2 who would make a good Chief Warlord to Trammenis? Otherwise perhaps he's going to need a Chief Warlord procured from another side, a la Jillian turning Duncan Scone (might Vinny seek asylum with Trammenis if Caesar pulls a coup?).
Arky

Postby Aquillion » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:37 am

Arky wrote:

Historically that's a pretty long lifespan for a nation in Stupidworld, let alone Erfworld. It's very impressive and goes a long way to explaining Jetstone's ingrained belief in the Jetstone way as THE right way.

It also confirms that Jetstone well and truly co-existed with Haffaton unless the survivors of book 0 have lived unbelievably long lives.

ETA: Did we see anyone during Book 2 who would make a good Chief Warlord to Trammenis? Otherwise perhaps he's going to need a Chief Warlord procured from another side, a la Jillian turning Duncan Scone (might Vinny seek asylum with Trammenis if Caesar pulls a coup?).
There are almost no named units left in Jetstone period -- Trammenis, his healer, the hat magician, and... I think that's it. Everyone else is dead and / or decrypted.
Aquillion

Postby balder » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:39 am

Lipkin wrote:
Venthus wrote:...*twinge* Isn't his name Tramennis? Or is that just some unduly painful ye olde English font/spelling variant that's making me twitchy?

Yup, pretty glaring typo.

Fixed in the static graphic. Video and print versions will need more work. I will do those tomorrow. >_<
balder

Postby Shai_hulud » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:42 am

My browser is just not refreshing the main page properly. Have to come to the forums and click the link. :(
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:44 am

Aquillion wrote:There are almost no named units left in Jetstone period -- Trammenis, his healer, the hat magician, and... I think that's it. Everyone else is dead and / or decrypted.
Lloyd the Dittomancer, Cubbins Hat Magician, and Pierce Chief Healomancer. Everyone else with names is gone, unless someone who was only mentioned becomes newly important (like that Warlord Artemis was into, or the Earl of Olay, ect)
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lipkin » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:48 am

Question. We know that Doubles only last a turn. But what about the items? Those were doubled too, and Tram still has the crown, which was the doubled version. The real one fell with his father. If magic items can be doubled, seems like that's all Lloyd should have been spending his juice on.

Edit: Never mind. Just saw Ace grabbed the real one when he retrieved Slately's body for destruction.
Lipkin

Postby MadZuri » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:58 am

Clonely had the cloned items. They removed the original items from the body and gave them to the new king upon burning the original body. edit: ninja'd
MadZuri

Postby DJMandwich » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:20 am

Loved the Jetstone update.

Just want to point out, in both panels, there are the same number of pages remaining.
DJMandwich

Next

Return to Reactions