it rubs the lotion on its skin
it does this whenever it's told
it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again
hehehe426
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Epilogue 19 – Caesar and Bill

Postby BakaGrappler » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:00 pm

I know that people have been able to nitpick about something in all of the previous updates. This or that detail left up in the air, or this or that bit of art not being backwards compatible, and I've been guilty of it myself. (And after other people were talking about Bunny in the last Epilogue, I also agree she was too Maggie for her personality, since Bunny is more of an empathy feeling character.)

This update is absolutely flawless. A horrifying little side story advancing Caesar's story and his internal turmoil while showing us WHY TV's Dollamancer is considered justly a pervert. The art is perfect as well, the minimalist structure perfectly blended into the horror format, and the texturizing of the walls and surfaces was just enough to be realism but not too busy. There was nothing detracting from the main points and enough extra to have a bit of a look into the double sided nature of TV's Dungeon space of the garrison. The shading of panel 1 is also exemplary. Bravo to the team.
An epic space opera where you fully customize your Captain's Background, Military Career, and Court Martial.
Will you prevent civilization from fracturing and win back your honor? Or betray the Empress' trust and plunder the galaxy?
BakaGrappler

Postby CorrTerek » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:13 pm

That came terrifyingly out of left field. Not that there's a problem with that.
CorrTerek

Postby Shai_hulud » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:46 pm

So new side called Metroland? Also, why would a doll need to put lotion on its skin?
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:52 pm

Well hell, so Bill is slowly creating a super golem? How did they miss the upkeep cost for that? Do golem's not have one then? Well hell.
Lamech

Postby 0beron » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:20 am

It seems strongly implied that no magically-created units have upkeep. Stanley all but said Uncroaked don't, Haffaton's use of plant units adds to the case, and just the common sense of the fact that magical units don't need to eat, therefor no cost of popping rations.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Arky » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:42 am

Well, when Caesar's revolution hits I kind of hope that this is one of the guys he cleans out. The position of Creative Dollamancer to Parson Gotti is taken. Jetpacks good, gross serial killer antics bad.
Arky

Postby Arky » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:43 am

Shai_hulud wrote:So new side called Metroland? Also, why would a doll need to put lotion on its skin?

It's a Silence of the Lambs reference (it's an infamous line of the character Buffalo Bill).
Arky

Postby Shai_hulud » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:51 am

I know about Silence of the Lambs. I was saying... why would a doll have skin that needs lotion? As in... could he see its unit type was Doll when he looked in the hole, or is it actually...
Last edited by Shai_hulud on Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Tonot » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:58 am

*Reads comic* :shock:

What is it you young people habitually say?

"Lolwut?" , is that right?.
Tonot

Postby cheeseaholic » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:59 am

I assumed that it was lube. Or maybe he just likes the oily look.
cheeseaholic

Postby Shai_hulud » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:02 am

I've actually been waiting well over a year for a Buffalo Bill Dollamancer. Since Haffatons Barton was first mentioned in fact. It seems as far as resource exploits go, harvesting parts from a unit, including rations, that you know is gonna heal the next day is a pretty abusive one. In more than one way :? . What do you suppose the odds are we just found one of the sources for all that leather they've been making Molls and Dolls out of?
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Tonot » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:32 am

Shai_hulud wrote:I've actually been waiting well over a year for a Buffalo Bill Dollamancer. Since Haffatons Barton was first mentioned in fact. It seems as far as resource exploits go, harvesting parts from a unit, including rations, that you know is gonna heal the next day is a pretty abusive one. In more than one way :? . What do you suppose the odds are we just found one of the sources for all that leather they've been making Molls and Dolls out of?

AHHHHHHH!.

You scare me. I don't wanna play with you no more!. :shock:

:lol: Especially that game people make groups play, you know, when they tell you your group has to choose from a pile of things to take to a desert island . . .
Tonot

Postby Shai_hulud » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:09 am

Happy early Halloween.

Edit* Yeah, I also played a lot of Dungeon Keeper. A lot.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Intocabille_CZ » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:34 am

Shai_hulud wrote:I've actually been waiting well over a year for a Buffalo Bill Dollamancer. Since Haffatons Barton was first mentioned in fact. It seems as far as resource exploits go, harvesting parts from a unit, including rations, that you know is gonna heal the next day is a pretty abusive one. In more than one way :? . What do you suppose the odds are we just found one of the sources for all that leather they've been making Molls and Dolls out of?

Wait what? So... if unit is strong enough to survive.. lets say a missing arm, then next turn they get their arm magically regrown and they are full HP... so if that is true, a unit could like chop off an arm, and well... use it as rations and repeat next turn? Whoa man...

Also are there cannibal tribes in Erfworld then?
Intocabille_CZ

Postby Oliolli » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:47 am

arbo wrote:Darn, Rob can do horror.

I'm not gonna sleep well tonight.

Thank goodness I only just woke up.
Oliolli

Postby Lipkin » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:19 am

Intocabille_CZ wrote:

Wait what? So... if unit is strong enough to survive.. lets say a missing arm, then next turn they get their arm magically regrown and they are full HP... so if that is true, a unit could like chop off an arm, and well... use it as rations and repeat next turn? Whoa man...

This update just confirmed that the TV vamps can health drain their captives in place of rations. And considering that they are vampires, I'd say yes.
Lipkin

Postby Intocabille_CZ » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:43 am

Lipkin wrote:
Intocabille_CZ wrote:

This update just confirmed that the TV vamps can health drain their captives in place of rations. And considering that they are vampires, I'd say yes.

But those are vampires, I would assume it could fall into some sort of natural ability of life drainage, transferring non-material hitpoints from other unit to themselves. What I meant, however horrific the implications, is literally chopping of an arm (and we saw units in comic missing an arm and still be more or less combat-worthy) and using that arm as rations every turn as the source unit would heal... ?
Intocabille_CZ

Postby gukolai » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:59 am

Well that was pretty disturbing :shock:
and while I get that people get the notion of a "lovecraftian" horror doll, given the description, I imagined it being more like Jon Beinart's toddlerpedes.

And yes you should definitively try and google that :lol:
gukolai

Postby Werebiscuit » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:58 am

No one in particular wrote:
Jabberwocky wrote:Have you seen the movie "Human Centipede"?

Though I think that may take a Croakamancer/Dollamancer linkup to properly make.

I can thankfully say that I have not! And have no intention to, ever. I am, however, passingly familiar with it, which is why I mentioned the name of the doctor from it in an earlier post (Dr Heiter, IMDB tells me).

I think the Croak/Doll link-up would be a bad way to do it. Sure, it might be extra horrifying, but unless it's Wanda with the pliers, the... centipede... would rot over a series of turns (bonus to shockamancy, maybe?) until it turned to dust. A purely Dollamancer version would last longer.

... oh, man! You know what I'm thinking now? Sid, from Toy Story! Giant baby-heads on spider legs, how's THAT for freaky?

i wondered when someone'd get the Toy Story reference... freakishly it came to me before the silence of the lambs which only jogged my insight at the last line with the lotion reference. Completely missed the pit, goggles and leather apron visual clues so it would seem the words are more important to me than the visuals.
Werebiscuit

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions