Holy hell. That came out of no where.
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Re: Epilogue 19 – Caesar and Bill

Postby Azukar » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:21 pm

O...kay?

What did I just read?

So what's the rest of Bill's name, then? He's got Sam Fisher goggles and a build like Pyramid Head. (Actually I know it's not Pyramid Head but that would fit so well, considering what he does to the mannequins in Silent Hill 2!)
---

-Az
Azukar

Postby JohnATallon » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:22 pm

This one made me smile. Not because it's hilariously funny or anything, but mostly because it made me imagine Benjamin and Bill having an earnest conversation about eyegear. Bifocals and night vision goggles, you know?

It's a nice dark comic for a rather dark point in Caesar's life, and you can't go wrong with a Buffalo Bill reference if you want dark and creepy.
JohnATallon

Postby BCCroaker » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:23 pm

A Lovecraftian horror! I wonder how it will fit into the story.
BCCroaker
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Angband » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:23 pm

Angband
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Silvan » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:27 pm

Ya this one kinda came out of nowhere. The info that Ceaser and the like can sustain themselves off of captured units is interesting though.
Silvan

Postby Lipkin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:30 pm

I do now remember Vinny calling TV's Dollmancer a pervert. I can see why.

Yeeeeeeeesh.
Lipkin

Postby 0beron » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:37 pm

Hmmm was wondering when/if we'd meet this guy, I can see now how he managed to stay off-screen for so long. Also fascinating to see how much a caster's personality influences their side strategy. Jetstone is fielding their golems all the time, whereas Transylvito has this creeper shut-in, and you only seem to see their golems in cities.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby TheMutant » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Yay, a Caesar update. :>

And hmm, I betcha we'll get to see a lot more to do with Transylvito next chapter, so this recent stuff is helping set things up, getting the 'introductions' and groundwork all there. On the Transylvito note, I'll be very interested to see what Vinny thinks of these developments- he's presumably been hunkered back at FAQ this entire book, and Jillian's about to come back and face the music (also, with Ansom). Oughta be interesting. :3
Join the Erflings fanart gallery on DeviantArt!

Sixty wrote:Obviously the mystery caster has no particular feelings one way or the other about Parson, he simply heard "cue the Benny Hill music" and gave chase, compelled to do so by forces outside his control.
TheMutant
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Sallo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:47 pm

Wow.. that was rather creepy.
Seeing Buffalo Bill as an erf unit made a certain amount of sense. He does like his crafting.
Sallo
Tool + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Urf » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:49 pm

Bill Buffalo, Dollamancer to Transylvito

Love this. I'm glad Transylvito still has its secrets and surprises, and manages to keep its creepy, monstrous brand. Interesting that we nerds of the 21st century see Lovecraft before we see Shelley's Frankenstein.

Why is Caesar drunk?

What happens when a Transylvito special unit drains life from a Decrypted unit?
Urf

Postby Beeskee » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:50 pm

That was an appropriate update for this time of year, despite the disconnectedness of it from anything else going on. :)

I almost missed confirmation of a life-draining mechanic, heh.
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby twhitt » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:51 pm

I would love to know why two of TV's casters don't seem to have been popped there, being apparently unrelated to the dominant tribe of vampires. Benjamin also has been at odds with his Ruler; maybe he's a turned unit? I can see some reasons why you wouldn't want a turned caster in the field, leaving them safely occupied in the Dungeon spending all their juice every turn on golems.

Assuming they wouldn't actually attack their ruler no matter how low their loyalty, leaving them at home gives them fewer opportunities to defect, be captured, or fail to otherwise give 100% for the side. It backfired with Wanda, yeah, but for reasons unrelated to these strategic ones.
twhitt

Postby No one in particular » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Ho ho. "Transylvito gets its shmucker's worth out of prisoners... one way or another."

I'm actually REALLY curious to learn more about Billy-boy, now. He's a lurker, sure, but he's soft-spoken, respectful and isn't actually hurting anyone (unlike, say, Wanda). His... pet project... is a bit more life-like than Sizemore's crap-golems, but it's just Stuff and Juice. He's not Dr Frankenstein, Herbert West or Dr Heiter, chopping up other Units for his experiment. As creepy as it is, it could be a legitimate attempt by a Dollamancer to push the limits of his craft.

Can Bill create a Doll with two faces, doubling its chances of spotting veiled units? Or avoiding surprise attacks?
Can he create Dolls with 6 arms, with all the extra attack power that would mean?
Could Bill create a Doll that's a viable field-unit, but is also so FREAKISH to behold that looking at it counts as a Shockamancy attack?
Would any other side allow their caster to try and innovate like this?
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby No one in particular » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:06 pm

Urf wrote:Why is Caesar drunk?
Because he's had a very bad argument with his boss and the closest thing to a father-figure he knows (even if he wasn't popped as a royal heir), and just watched what was supposed to be an easy win for their allies turn into a total shitstorm. Times are really depressing right now.

Alternately, he's drunk because he spent 3 hours drinking a barrel of wine.

Urf wrote:What happens when a Transylvito special unit drains life from a Decrypted unit?
I imagine something similar to you trying to drink a gallon of spoiled milk. Either VERRRRRY little health gain, or poisoning. Or both!
---
No one in particular

Postby yay » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:55 pm

I haven't posted in 4 years, and logged back on just to say that was... weird. Really curious to see what role Bill and his hobby will play in the future. Alright, see you in a couple of years
yay

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:41 pm

No one in particular wrote:Could Bill create a Doll that's a viable field-unit, but is also so FREAKISH to behold that looking at it counts as a Shockamancy attack?

Have you seen the movie "Human Centipede"?

Though I think that may take a Croakamancer/Dollamancer linkup to properly make.
Jabberwocky

Postby No one in particular » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Jabberwocky wrote:Have you seen the movie "Human Centipede"?

Though I think that may take a Croakamancer/Dollamancer linkup to properly make.

I can thankfully say that I have not! And have no intention to, ever. I am, however, passingly familiar with it, which is why I mentioned the name of the doctor from it in an earlier post (Dr Heiter, IMDB tells me).

I think the Croak/Doll link-up would be a bad way to do it. Sure, it might be extra horrifying, but unless it's Wanda with the pliers, the... centipede... would rot over a series of turns (bonus to shockamancy, maybe?) until it turned to dust. A purely Dollamancer version would last longer.

... oh, man! You know what I'm thinking now? Sid, from Toy Story! Giant baby-heads on spider legs, how's THAT for freaky?
---
No one in particular

Postby arbo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:48 pm

Darn, Rob can do horror.

I'm not gonna sleep well tonight.
“Run this same calculation ten times in a row. Go.”
arbo

Next

Return to Reactions