New One is up.
balder

Re: Epilogue 16 - Parson and Maggie Discuss Thinking Alike

Postby Malanthyus » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:16 am

OKay, this could be a bit problematic.
Malanthyus

Postby ManaCaster » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:22 am

Looks like Bunny is soon going to have two reasons to betray King Don.
ManaCaster

Postby No one in particular » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:30 am

A little more insight into what Lookamancers can do, that's nice.

Heh. Link-up vulnerabilities aside, maybe Parson can just organize a massive number of units to all call Charlie at the same time, and mess with him that way. "A million units, all plucking the same G-string, at the same time..."
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby Lipkin » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:58 am

Could Bunny suggest that Caesar make a play for the throne? If Caesar was Ruler, he'd cut off support from Jillian, and being a non-royal, Transylvito would also leave the RCC. That would be HUGE, even if Caesar didn't join forces with Gobwin Knob, which would be his best move, seeing as how they are the most powerful non-royal side besides Charlie.

Of course, if Parson sends his forces to attack Transylvito in support of Caesar, that would be a good way to earn Caesar's allegiance
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby wih » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:32 am

Possible mismatch here - Isaac is saying that being a Headmaster makes him a master-class Lookamancer, but Roger Victor Clarence is not a master Lookamancer, but is still a Headmaster?
wih

Postby hehehe426 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:08 am

Parson should get a safey-thingy for his notes. That nobody will be able to Look inside. What, they can't repeat the encryption of the Temple on a smaller scale? Maybe Issac can encode them for him.
hehehe426
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby mcw0933 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:25 am

Heh, like a "thinker keeper"? Only if it has some boss airbrush dolphin/planet artwork on it.

Trying to understand though what this implies re: lookamancy. It seems to suggest there is no trivial protection Parson could count on (folding them over, envelope, sticking them down his breastplate, etc.).

So... can a master-class lookamancer see all "not magically protected (like the temple)" matter in the hex? That's pretty awesome.
Yes. That is a rocket-propelled bulldozer of love.
mcw0933
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby mcw0933 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:25 am

Heh, like a "thinker keeper"? Only if it has some boss airbrush dolphin/planet artwork on it.

Trying to understand though what this implies re: lookamancy. It seems to suggest there is no trivial protection Parson could count on (folding them over, envelope, sticking them down his breastplate, etc.).

So... can a master-class lookamancer see all "not magically protected (like the temple)" matter in the hex? That's pretty awesome.
Yes. That is a rocket-propelled bulldozer of love.
mcw0933

Postby Lilwik » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:49 am

mcw0933 wrote:So... can a master-class lookamancer see all "not magically protected (like the temple)" matter in the hex? That's pretty awesome.
They probably can. If Lookamancy is what it seems to be and looking is all that Lookamancers do, then they really should be able to see almost everything if they're not going to be dramatically underpowered compared to other disciplines that can actually do things.
Lilwik

Postby Lamech » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:44 am

Scrying is insanely useful. They probably aren't half bad. Anyway, Team TV has a thinkamancer. I don't see this ending well for them. Time to let the good times roll.

Also what I want to know, is what other useful buildings can the thinkamancers make? It seems like they should be putting more effort into building their power base. Build a room that amplifies item crafting or something. Maybe they are off screen.
Lamech

Postby Lipkin » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:47 am

Lamech wrote:Scrying is insanely useful. They probably aren't half bad. Anyway, Team TV has a thinkamancer. I don't see this ending well for them. Time to let the good times roll.

Also what I want to know, is what other useful buildings can the thinkamancers make? It seems like they should be putting more effort into building their power base. Build a room that amplifies item crafting or something. Maybe they are off screen.

Team TV has a thinkamancer that is in a secret relationship with the heir of the side that is soon to be replaced with a royal, and has a poor relationship with the King.

Yeah, I'd say this isn't going to go well for King Don.
Lipkin

Postby mortissimus » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:08 pm

Pity, I like Don King.

Lamech wrote:Also what I want to know, is what other useful buildings can the thinkamancers make? It seems like they should be putting more effort into building their power base. Build a room that amplifies item crafting or something. Maybe they are off screen.

Well, they have that playground. That's something.
mortissimus

Postby No one in particular » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Hmm... I wonder if Don could try and handle Caesar with a little "gift"...

Don: Here you go, Caesar! I'm spinning you off as a side of your own. I know you haven't been happy with how I've been running the side, so I thought it was time for you to try it out for yourself. Make your own decrees! Spend the treasury however you wish! Join any alliances you want! I'll even let anyone who wants to join you go with my blessing.

Caesar: Uh... gee, thanks, Don. Wait... this is Carport.

Don: Yup.

Caesar: And you haven't given me any start-up shmuckers.

Don: Well, you know, things have been pretty tight lately...

Caesar: Well, at least now I can be with B-

Don: Oh, and I'm keeping Bunny. Anyone else though, you can take with you. Bunny's staying, though.

Caesar: NOOOOOOOOO!!!
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby Not Me » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:40 pm

I have the feeling that whatever happens in TV it will be Charlie's doing (either direct or indirect, probably through Jillian) in that he will make sure the end result of that conflict benefits him the most.

Still, it will be lovely if suddenly Parson gets a say in that matter :twisted:
Not Me

Postby Mikalyaran » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:08 pm

So...I had a thought...

http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/ ... -08-01.jpg

The last panel here seem awfully lookamancyish to me. What do you guys think the odds are that the Arkedish has provided Charlie access to not just the discipline of Thinkamancy but the all three Eyemancy discipline? At the very least I think that this panel must represent a Lookamancer spying for Charlie from within the magic kingdom as this most recent epilogue suggests. But the idea of Charlie having access to 6 disciplines is pretty scary.
Mikalyaran
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby ThisIsNotDan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:58 pm

So I was surprised to see that Isaac had mastered both thinkamancy and lookamancy, so I checked out his wiki article to see if there was anything else I missed.

Holy crap, there's a lot of stuff there that isn't cited or supported (as far as I know) by any comic references. Is this stuff that Rob or somebody wrote, or is it all really just rampant speculation?
ThisIsNotDan

Postby drachefly » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:02 pm

There was a lot of material about them in the end of paper book 1. This seems mostly-to-all from that
drachefly

Postby Mikalyaran » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:20 pm

ThisIsNotDan wrote:So I was surprised to see that Isaac had mastered both thinkamancy and lookamancy, so I checked out his wiki article to see if there was anything else I missed.

Holy crap, there's a lot of stuff there that isn't cited or supported (as far as I know) by any comic references. Is this stuff that Rob or somebody wrote, or is it all really just rampant speculation?

A write up about all the great minds present at portal park during book2 is availabel here:

http://erfworld.com/store/-It-s-Raining ... sue-2.html

Rob had just said it was ok to transcribe that info when I got my copy so I transcribed it. I think most of it is in the wiki now but here's the post:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6632
Mikalyaran

Postby Arky » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:56 pm

Somehow I doubt this will mean a smooth takeover for Caesar, but I'd like to see him be successful. I sympathise with the character a lot, his hard work, skill and dedication being supplanted purely because someone was born to the right family is everything that's wrong with monarchy (in Erfworld as in Stupidworld). I would think Stanley would also have a lot of time for Caesar and even vice-versa. Every reason for them to be allies and even friends. Stanley could do with a friendly overlord to talk to, I think.

Thing I most hope happens- that Caesar is saved from an assassination attempt when Parson discovers in passing that the warlord standing behind Caesar is named Brutus and catches on to the signamancy of it just in time.

Ok, so Bunny and Transylvito are the "obvious" case. Is there any other Thinkamancer out there we know of, or a side we know of with an unnamed Thinkamancer?
Arky

Next

Return to Reactions