Summer Updates - 047

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Summer Updates - 047

Postby balder » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:09 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Summer Updates - 047

Postby Anca » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:18 am

Now that's interesting. I don't care much for Caesar, but he's good at what he does. Would Don King set him up? Maybe; I'm not sure. Did he? Same answer.

I'd imagine getting a designate out of the way of a royal heir would be the smoothest course of action, though.

On another note, Caesar and Bunny? That's surprisingly sweet.
Anca

Postby Malanthyus » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:37 am

The first step to free will, is wanting something other than what you're supposed to.
Malanthyus

Postby Sareln » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:47 am

I don't doubt that the Don is capable of setting Caesar up, but I would definitely question the logic of doing so. Yes, it clears the whole changing of heirs things out of the way, but it wastes a *very* proficient warlord, and those don't seem easy to come by. I would think that the clever Don would figure out a way to both keep ahold of Caesar's abilities, while pursing his new "Royal's are the Best" philosophy, without alienating Caesar. Of course, to do any of that, he'd need to talk with Caesar... and the Don has been awfully busy of late.
Sareln

Postby Anton Gaist » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:49 am

Caesar is still heir designate, at least until the new heir is popped. That means he's still capable of going up against Don, if he thinks he (Caesar) is better for Transylvito's sake.

And Queen Bea's death was apparently a big blow for Don.

I have this feeling Don won't be around much longer.
Gentlemen, I like war.
I like trench war, I like Blitzkrieg, I like the offensive, I like the defensive.
I truly love each and every kind of war man can wage on a tabletop game.
Anton Gaist

Postby cloudbreaker » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:59 am

It was nice to finally see what's going on in Caesar's head. I never really related to him much as a character, but after reading this update, I feel kinda bad for him.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby Lunaya » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:00 am

Aww..

I knew there was a reason that I liked Caesar. There's more to him than he lets on.
Lunaya

Postby Joe22c. » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:02 am

Hope there won't be some kind of mutiny occuring; I mean there probably will be, and it'd probably be juicy. But still; I like both Don and Caesar.

Also, I can't quite imagine Don sending Caesar out to have him dead; he's a chief warlord; and it seems Transylvito - like every other faction besides Stanley's - needs all the resources they can get.
Last edited by Joe22c. on Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe22c.

Postby shneekeythelost » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:04 am

And thus the only side still able to piss in GK's decrypted army's direction and have a hope in hell of not gettin' it lopped off is split with internal strife.

Honestly, something is gonna have to change, because right now, I don't see any other option but GK waltzing over everything
shneekeythelost

Postby badninja » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:04 am

I would say poor Caesar, but I want Vinny to whack him. I think he sees it coming, maby he will defect to GK? He would find some people who would share his point of view, namely everyone but Stanly. All I care is that this is going to become one big battle and people are going to switch sides.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby DunkelMentat » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:20 am

I wonder how many speaking units on royal sides that are not royals themselves would feel a certain connection with a side that claimed a titanic mandate that wasn't acquired through birth(pop)right. Is loyalty strong enough to prevent an uprising? Was it for Saline IV?
DunkelMentat

Postby Telva » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:25 am

Don King, As far as I can tell, probably wants to secure his new alliance by exchanging hostage heirs.

This may seem like a bad idea, but as a vampire, (assuming erfworlders do have natural lifespans) would live longer and would allow him to raise a puppet king/queen at the same time. Also, if FAQ is only known by Stanley it gives his side a lot of security, in case he and his city fall, assuming Jill knows combat the way Don Knows she knows combat.

He can't risk Caesar staying away from the battlefield as an exchanged hostage after all, he's too good of a warlord and wouldn't be a part of it anyway. He honestly probably expected Caesar to do better in that fight.

If I'm thinking straight (whether or not I'm explaining myself well) he's building for the long term, basically turning FAQ into one of his cities without building it himself. If he and his city fall his heir will go barbarian and FAQ's heir (who he'll make sure escapes if his city is attacked) will most likely honor their debt (partially because the heir will have been raised to worship Don King, partly because they do owe him) by helping recreate the side.

Don is very afraid after reading that letter I'm betting.
Last edited by Telva on Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Telva

Postby Darkside007 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:32 am

I get the feeling the Caesar will ask Don, flat out, if Don wants him to step down as Designate. If Don says yes, he'll probably step aside as long as he gets to visit Bunny.

He'll still probably remain Chief Warlord, but could go Barbarian.
Darkside007

Postby Lord Kasavin » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:33 am

Huh, I thought Saturday's update was the last before the comic resumed proper. Regardless, interesting. Not sure why Bunny was not given a voice (indeed, I don't think she's ever had a spoken line). Apparently, TV, despite suffering very little during Book 1, has now all but lost a border skirmish with Carpool. I'm fairly certain "crazy broad" is Jillian. The implication being the resources sent to FAQ combined with preperation for the second war against GK means TV can't adequately defend its border cities from a tradtionally weaker foe.

Not surprisingly, Don King has ordered a royal heir. What is surprising is the 52 turn wait. If royalty now matters, what took him so long? Also, we just skipped 14 turns forward. I wonder if the Jetson attack has been launched, if Parson has figured out Charlie's game, and a million other things before the comic resumes on Wenseday.

And I also can't see Don King throwing away Bogarte. Make a new heir, yeah, but Don is to smart to just give up a smart and skilled Warlord. No, a religious conversion doesn't make somebody stupider, it just changes how they value things.
"Act, and God will Act." - Joan of Arc

"Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt." - Thomas Moore
Lord Kasavin

Postby gameboy1234 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:33 am

Caesar, Jillian, Parson, maybe Wanda, Sizemore, Janis... how many are there that seem to believe that Royalty is all it's cracked up to be?

I'm hoping Caesar does defect to GK at some point... or to Parson, specifically.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby tez » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:42 am

The updates have been consistently heartbreaking ever since Wrigley or even before. I mean they're great, they wouldn't be heartbreaking if they weren't great, but godDAMN.
tez

Postby Emaria » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:44 am

Well, I'm glad Caesar didn't get killed off, he's a very interesting character. I don't think he'd defect unless he could take bunny with him. I wonder who's a more powerful thinkamancer between bunny and maggie. Maybe if they linked they could give charlie a mental beatdown. Now that would be interesting, although very highly unlikely.
Emaria
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Glenn » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:46 am

Apparently, the revelation of what Wanda can do wasn't enough to persuade Carpool that they had to join forces with the other Royals against Gobwin Knob. Instead, it's just an opportunity to hit their traditional rivals in Transylvito. This failure of King Slately's diplomatic efforts to put together a larger alliance is a major victory for Gobwin Knob.
Glenn

Postby Majutsukai » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:47 am

Has Bunny appeared before? If so, where? I can't seem to remember any mention of her.
Majutsukai

Postby Emaria » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:57 am

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/images/0/08/TBFGK_99.jpg

I'm guessing is bunny behind the don since he's using her to talk to vinny. That's what the wiki says anywho. She's mentioned at least a couple other times when vinny or jillian are communicating with don as well.
Edit: more specifically updates 18-20 when jillian is in transylvito (there's another image of her in there). And others as well
Last edited by Emaria on Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emaria

Next

Return to Reactions