LordAcme wrote: dholm wrote:
OneHugeTuck wrote:Hell, I'd put money on just one caster. Take your pick:
1. Joe Dirt Drops Rocks. Or digs a pit under them. Or turns the ground to mud and they can't move. Or. Or. Or.
2. Any one hippiemancer stops all aggression. Or or or
3. Any one turnamancer does who knows what. Or or or
4. Any one carnymancer does who knows what. Or or or.
5. Any one thinkamancer does who know what including zapping one or more leadership.
1. "Drops Rocks"? What rocks? The rocks he just blasted into pieces? That's not exactly a worry. As for digging a pit, what good is that gonna do?
That's assuming Sizemore doesn't just counter everything he does.
2. Janice is on Parson's side. There aren't any other Hippiemancers in the vicinity to our knowledge.
3. There is no Turnamancer in the vicinity to our knowledge.
4. If a single Carnymancer could defeat a stack of infantry, they'd be the most valuable casters in direct battle.
5. The Great Minds that Think Alike are on Parson's side.
Wow, huge assumptions going on. The Great Minds are NOT on Parson's side, they will not stack with him and kill everything at his command.
I never said they would start killing for Parson. I was saying they are not likely to fight AGAINST him. OneHugeTuck was saying a single caster could defeat Parson's force, which is ridiculous on the face of it.
LordAcme wrote:And "every caster in the Park can take a shot at him". Welcome to the city of Hoboken.
Uh, no, they can't
. The vast majority of casters don't even know he's there!
LordAcme wrote:And lastly, all casters are NOT equal. MK has at least one Master-class in multiple disciplines (Isaac). I think it's safe to presume more.
Sure. So what? They haven't been shown on-screen. If there's a multiple discpline Master-class caster around the portal, I think we'd have heard of it by now.
LordAcme wrote:Parson has no offensive casting capability besides Hoboken.
Parson hasn't shown any casting capability aside from an ability to suddenly understand a scroll (which immediately left him when he was incapacitated). Whether he can cast Hoboken at all is up in the air.
LordAcme wrote:The MK has an unknown quantity and level, but it's safe to presume they have some, and not wise to presume it's weak. His archery force does offset that, but Lookamancy changes that. In fact, for every advantage other than melee and the 'pliers, the MK have a counter.
You said I was making "huge assumptions", yet you are the one insisting that all casters are somehow instantaneously available and willing to fight for the Magic Kingdom against Parson. If they aren't, the Magic Kingdom does not necessarily have any
of those "counters" you speak of.
In the immediate situation, the only relevant casters are those in the immediate vicinity of Portal Park, and more directly, those around Gobwin Knob's portal.
If it becomes a battle, then the rest of the Magic Kingdom may unite and go against Parson, in which case the unknown potential of the casters becomes important. But so far, it isn't.