Book 2 – Page 109

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 109

Postby Goshen » Mon May 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Suitesned wrote:Or better yet.Parson leaves and Transylvito conquers it with a bat.

That would be SO awesome!
Goshen

Postby mortissimus » Mon May 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Wren wrote:Wait what happened to the page with the rest of Stanley's rant? Did it get rectonjured? He talked to the troll for longer than that, right? I don't see it in the last few pages, though.

Here it is:http://www.erfworld.com/page/2/

I think the word of Rob is that the text updates are bonus-info which are not strictly necessary to follow the story. Hence the duplication of the bit we need to know to understand the page.
mortissimus

Postby Moonwolf727 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:34 pm

I don't know why but for some reason this page makes me doubt that stanley is actually attuned to the arkenhammer. I mean its totally logical that he is since his personality fits with it so well and he is pretty badass but I get the feeling that either he isn't properly attuned to it or that it has some ability he hasn't worked out how to use, like how he only figured out the walnut->bird bird->walnut thing right at the beginning of book 1.
Moonwolf727

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon May 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Moonwolf727 wrote:I don't know why but for some reason this page makes me doubt that stanley is actually attuned to the arkenhammer. I mean its totally logical that he is since his personality fits with it so well and he is pretty badass but I get the feeling that either he isn't properly attuned to it or that it has some ability he hasn't worked out how to use, like how he only figured out the walnut->bird bird->walnut thing right at the beginning of book 1.

Its been stated that Stanley hadn't really learned to use it properly.
Jabberwocky

Postby jkosta » Mon May 13, 2013 2:52 pm

Calling it now: Sizemore doesn't have enough juice to put out the inferno.
jkosta

Postby badninja » Mon May 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Why do I feel that we have another twist coming? Charlie is a better planner than this, so if this plan works what is his contingency plan for that? Charlie is uber pissed right now and I would be willing to bet that he is going all in right now with a stacked deck in his favor and has a nasty surprise waiting in store of everyone. I can see him trying to kill Stanley as soon a the change happens to kill Parson but we are not close enough to end this book quite yet.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby mroozee » Mon May 13, 2013 3:01 pm

If Stanley moves the capital to Spacerock he will find himself pretty exposed. His new Capital is now Inferno'd, the forces in Spacerock aren't loyal to him while his remaining casters (Maggie, Sizemore, Wanda) are more loyal to Parson than to him. He lost several warlords while Parson both raided his armory (for magic items) and his treasury (for troop upgrades).

There's still a lot of stuff that we don't know about captured capitals where the Ruler is still alive: Would Stanley's forces turn Barbarian? Would the Treasury be captured? Presuming Stanley would re-establish Gobwin Knob as his side and his capital, would he regain control over the other current Gobwin Knob cities? Yeesh! This could be an epic mess for him. I think Parson would HAVE to do it at this point - which means I think that Stanley won't successfully change capital cities.
mroozee

Postby fehler » Mon May 13, 2013 3:36 pm

jkosta wrote:Calling it now: Sizemore doesn't have enough juice to put out the inferno.

Unlikely. He said he was full earlier, and so far he's made one moderate-length tunnel, with two trap doors, with one cut-in emergency entrance. Considering the tunnel-trapping, golem-healing, tower-toppleing, and volcano-erupting turn he had in the last book, I'm guessing he could put out 4-5 infernos right now, with enough left to refortify the city and give it a nice buff and shine.
fehler

Postby YRM_DM » Mon May 13, 2013 3:49 pm

bladestorm wrote:
YRM_DM wrote:2 - If Wanda and Sizemore and Maggie panic because of the communication cutoff and decide to go through the Spacerock Portal anyway, they'll all be captured by Tramenis. They'd appear in Jetstone's NEW capital and not know why.

3 - Sizemore & Company will reach Parson automatically if Stanely switches the capital as they are walking back to the portal, but before Stanely switches it... but I could see one of Charlie's caster buddies tossing Sizemore through before the switch is complete, and then he can't reach Parson.

You mean like some sort of gaff when everyone is heading for the exits? If the portal signamancy doesn't catch up with the changed locations immediately, this oculd send the casters all to Jetstone's new capitol, isolate Stanley and isolate Parson. Parson has next to nothing for defense, so the treasury could easily be taken, then a strategic strike on the now vulnerable Stanley could end GK as a Side. Jillian would not need much coaxing to take her armada of megalogwiffs to take down Stanley.

Yeah. I don't really like those ideas but, we've gotten used to Charlie having a cheat for every possible scenario.

Even if all goes well though, you get Sizemore, and even maybe Wanda and/or Maggie through the portal?

How much army is left in a razed city? Pretty much just the red dragons right? And Wanda couldn't raise Bogroll because he was burned (but could raise everyone else who died in a volcano, which is pretty odd). They can't make it a new L5 capital until the start of their next turn, and, every other side that gets a turn before that happens could challenge Parson in a really vulnerable position.

Also there's the whole equation where Parsons will figure out that he can cast the spell successfully. Then what?

I'm kind of hoping we're past the point in the story where it's nothing but non stop cheat frustrations thrown at Parsons, but, he could easily go "home" to Gobwin Knob just after Stanley switches the capital, then can't get back in any reasonable way, and, we'd be right back to the start of Meet the Jetstones. Lol.
YRM_DM

Postby YRM_DM » Mon May 13, 2013 3:51 pm

But it would be cool if Parson cast the scroll and it backfired on Charlie and gave Parson the Arken Shoes. Maybe they'd attune to Parson as Nikes or something.

Then he'd have unlimited move, which would give him a way of bypassing Charlie's thinkagram hacks. He could just relay orders himself.
YRM_DM

Postby Lamech » Mon May 13, 2013 4:11 pm

Fuck Yeah Stanley!
Lamech

Postby hehehe426 » Mon May 13, 2013 4:16 pm

That. Was. Awesome.
hehehe426
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Radagast » Mon May 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Suitesned wrote:Or better yet.Parson leaves and Transylvito conquers it with a bat.

Even if he leaves, the troops and dwagons won't go with him.
Radagast

Postby bladestorm » Mon May 13, 2013 4:42 pm

YRM_DM wrote:But it would be cool if Parson cast the scroll and it backfired on Charlie and gave Parson the Arken Shoes. Maybe they'd attune to Parson as Nikes or something.

Then he'd have unlimited move, which would give him a way of bypassing Charlie's thinkagram hacks. He could just relay orders himself.

It would be even more awesome if Sizemore attuned to the shoes. He could fortify every city GK had, and still be home before end of turn. He might even be able to spend a couple more evenings with a certain Date-a-mancer on a more regular basis. Plus other cool stuff like setting traps on every hex between two cities, mining an entire mountain range for gems in one turn, traveling to far-off hexes to explore their terrain types, popping crap golems in every city, and maybe even making a multi-hex golem from a huge chunk of Erf, kinda like animating the entire Minty Mountains. Olive and her little tree -to - tannebaum spell could suck it after a display of power like that.
bladestorm

Postby mortissimus » Mon May 13, 2013 4:47 pm

YRM_DM wrote:Even if all goes well though, you get Sizemore, and even maybe Wanda and/or Maggie through the portal?

How much army is left in a razed city? Pretty much just the red dragons right? And Wanda couldn't raise Bogroll because he was burned (but could raise everyone else who died in a volcano, which is pretty odd).

Look here: http://www.erfworld.com/book-2-archive/?px=%2F2013-01-11.jpg Wanda can raise troops that died in an Inferno that burned down the entire city.

Intentionally destroyed corpses like Bogroll and Slatley can not be decrypted.

So get Wanda in there and they have every unit decrypted. Including Jack and Ace. Whohoo!
mortissimus

Postby mortissimus » Mon May 13, 2013 4:53 pm

I should clarify that I am whohoo-ing because those are beloved characthers and not merely because it will net me five Quatloos from Bladestorm.
mortissimus

Postby Kreistor » Mon May 13, 2013 5:07 pm

Stanley... has... dwagons... in... GK!?!?!?!?!

Okay, I admit that I was wrong that Stanley wouldn't let himself be carried around in embarrassing ways. And wrong about using Fabricate.

But I was right that he used the hammer to go up the outside of the tower. And he solved the lateral movement issue with an unknown -- dwagons. (Drach, if he could move laterally, he could step onto the window sill and smash the window with the Hammer. He had to hang onto the Hammer to stay at window height.)

[edit]
Couple of other unknowns we learned.
1) Hammer up is faster than stair-climbing speed.
2) Twolls run faster than humans Stanley's height.
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby Chit Rule Railroad » Mon May 13, 2013 5:24 pm

Kreistor wrote:But I was right that he used the hammer to go up the outside of the tower. And he solved the lateral movement issue with an unknown -- dwagons. (Drach, if he could move laterally, he could step onto the window sill and smash the window with the Hammer. He had to hang onto the Hammer to stay at window height.)

We know that Erf has windows that require siege attacks to breach (e.g., the roof of Spacerock's atrium), and the throne room seems like a place that would have strong defenses.
Chit Rule Railroad
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lipkin » Mon May 13, 2013 5:25 pm

Stanley just invented the Fastball Special. That's awesome.

Oh man, if only there was a special called Fastball!
Lipkin
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Kreistor » Mon May 13, 2013 5:37 pm

Chit Rule Railroad wrote:We know that Erf has windows that require siege attacks to breach (e.g., the roof of Spacerock's atrium), and the throne room seems like a place that would have strong defenses.

Arkentools aren't capable of siege?
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions