Book 2 – Page 106

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby JustDoug » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:35 pm

arkerpay wrote:I can't believe Parson let the dwagon croak the King. He could have leveled!

I always appreciate a periodic table reference, but I don't really see the significance to the story...


I take it you're not from the States, or don't watch North American network television at all? Wikipedia/Google (or use your favorite search engine) and search for for "Breaking Bad."

You might find the reference a little obtuse in this case, but the pun is delightfully fitting.
JustDoug
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:36 am

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby Zeku » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:40 pm

memnarch wrote:
Erm... Don't you mean posted on January 11, 2013? I mean, unless changes were make to the pages following that one every 4-6 days, I don't think that's a retconjuration.


I thought it was posted over a year ago. 2013 is super recent

Im not really a 'time' person
Zeku
 
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:35 am

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby Zippy the Squirrel » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:41 pm

It almost looks like Ace's arms move from the first panel to the next-to-last panel. That may mean he's been shackled as an incapacitated unit inside a conquered city.

Or maybe it's a different angle. Yeah, he's probably dead.
Image
User avatar
Zippy the Squirrel
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:53 am

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby clik » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:43 pm

Breaking off to form his own side sure seems the obvious move to undo both dead Jack and inferno city. It even leaves the door open for Parson to go back to the magic kingdom to get more intel on Charlie from the think alikers.
clik
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:20 pm

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby Avic » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:47 pm

arkerpay wrote:I always appreciate a periodic table reference, but I don't really see the significance to the story...


It wasn't so much a periodic table reference as it was a reference to the show, "Breaking Bad", and its usual logo: http://tvsurveillance.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/dc2bd_breaking-bad-logo.jpg, as well as being a pun on what he was currently doing to Clonely(breaking the king's back).
Avic
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:36 pm

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby arkerpay » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:50 pm

JustDoug wrote:
I take it you're not from the States, or don't watch North American network television at all? Wikipedia/Google (or use your favorite search engine) and search for for "Breaking Bad."

You might find the reference a little obtuse in this case, but the pun is delightfully fitting.


I have not owned a television in years. I looked up the show on your recommendation and it does look entertaining.
arkerpay
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:07 am

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby 0beron » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:24 pm

Xorbon wrote:I'm guessing Parson will just assume the dwagon swallowed Slately.

It doesn't matter, cus the real King was dead ages ago anyway, it's not like Parson missing the "poof" means that the real King has escaped.
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
User avatar
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
 
Posts: 2954
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 pm
Location: Morlock Wells

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby Aquillion » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:36 pm

El_Chupacabra wrote:And what is with the Twoll-type statue? Thought it was a ghost at one point.
It changed because Gobwin Knob took the city (changing all the livery in the process, including statues.) The statues used to be those of Jetstone heroes; now they're statues of Gobwin Knob heroes. Apparently Bogroll qualifies, since he sacrificed his life as part of a plan to save the side (and directly croaked an enemy chief warlord.)
Aquillion
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 4:45 am

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby joosy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:45 pm

I have a difficult time accepting that Charlie's original plan was to trap Parson in with an inferno. The fire hadn't even started when the plan was formulated and, once Gobwin Knob had taken the city, the portal would have shut anyway. There was no need to change the capitol until after the inferno level had been reached. I had originally thought that the plan involved Charlie or Jetstone doing something between the portal shutting down and GK taking control of the garrison but we can see now that wasn't the case. I guess we may see some retconjuration or maybe perhaps pulling some off-page Predictamancy about the inferno out of the ass/hat.
At least the remainingg dwagons can now fly out of the garrison into the airspace with any non-heavy GK units left. Not sure if the airspace allows them to escape the inferno, thought.

And to those who were wondering if Ace is dead or not. He is dead otherwise GK would not have control of the garrison.
joosy
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 6:30 am

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby joosy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:48 pm

arkerpay wrote:I have not owned a television in years. I looked up the show on your recommendation and it does look entertaining.

OMG.. someone with internet access who has not heard or is aware of Breaking Bad?!?!? You are a rarity!

FYI - I ran into Aaron Paul down at the Flying M coffee house in Boise - he is a really hoopy frood, I must say.
joosy
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 6:30 am

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby Malanthyus » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Out of curiosity, has it been confirmed anywhere that a unit is able to turn and form their own side by breaking away and capturing a capitol city?
Malanthyus
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 2:25 am

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby madmaw » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:04 pm

joosy wrote:I have a difficult time accepting that Charlie's original plan was to trap Parson in with an inferno.


I don't think Charlie knew it would end in an inferno. My guess is once the inferno is defused (however that is achieved), Charlie will reveal he has a lot of units in the area (archons and/or the remainder of Haggar's forces) and revert to his original plan of attacking Parson directly. The inferno is an unexpected bonus for Charlie.
User avatar
madmaw
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby sheepfly » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:09 pm

Control-Z... undo whatever just happened. I'm unable to think of any previously mentioned possibility that would undo anything, other than retconjuration (does Parson really seem like the ultimate naughtymancer?).

Zeku wrote:The simplest solution is to simply raze the city immediately. No fuel = no fire.


This does seem simplest and most consistent with the rules of Erfworld, as we know them.

And yeah, looks like Ace croaked, unless he went barbarian somehow. Croaking fits the simplest explanation of events, so I'm ready to lose some quatloo on my prediction concerning him turning from Jetstone.
What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..
User avatar
sheepfly
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:42 pm

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby the_tick_rules » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:22 pm

It would be more fulfilling if it wasn't a clone. I had to look up control z.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
User avatar
the_tick_rules
 
Posts: 966
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby abb3w » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:28 pm

Is Parson about to answer whether or not he is a Retconjurer?

Seems seriously unlikely, but....
abb3w
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:05 pm

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby gameboy1234 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:34 pm

allaces14400 wrote:Prediction: The "undo" refers to a reset of the Capital.


Close, I think. Do you think that Power Button he's got could be a Reset Button? Do-over on the last few actions, including Jack's death?
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

Avatar hoarked from PS238.
User avatar
gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby joosy » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:34 pm

madmaw wrote:
joosy wrote:I have a difficult time accepting that Charlie's original plan was to trap Parson in with an inferno.


I don't think Charlie knew it would end in an inferno. My guess is once the inferno is defused (however that is achieved), Charlie will reveal he has a lot of units in the area (archons and/or the remainder of Haggar's forces) and revert to his original plan of attacking Parson directly. The inferno is an unexpected bonus for Charlie.


I believe my original point stands. The portal would have closed regardless - Jetstone didn't have to switch capitols for Parson to be trapped in Jetstone. Once Parson had gone through to Jetstone and taken control of the garrison, the portal would have closed. Closing the portal behind him after he discovered the city was ablaze was the only way to prevent him from going back but that would only make sense if the inferno was part of Charlie's original plan.

Not-Slately's death confession says "To trap you. To burn you." which hints that the fire was supposedly part of the plan all along. Not buying that given the timeline of events.
joosy
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 6:30 am

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby C9H20 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:41 pm

Bah, the wait to the next Book2 update will kill me!

Also I kinda feel Rob might be overdoing the references atm, I mean both Right Bear Arm and now Break King Back are very gratuitous and not very clever or interesting, not even going into dollspeak.

I just felt the need to say that, I don't really mind this issue and it might be rosy glasses on my part anyway.
C9H20
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby ManaCaster » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:42 pm

joosy wrote:
madmaw wrote:
joosy wrote:I have a difficult time accepting that Charlie's original plan was to trap Parson in with an inferno.


I don't think Charlie knew it would end in an inferno. My guess is once the inferno is defused (however that is achieved), Charlie will reveal he has a lot of units in the area (archons and/or the remainder of Haggar's forces) and revert to his original plan of attacking Parson directly. The inferno is an unexpected bonus for Charlie.


I believe my original point stands. The portal would have closed regardless - Jetstone didn't have to switch capitols for Parson to be trapped in Jetstone. Once Parson had gone through to Jetstone and taken control of the garrison, the portal would have closed. Closing the portal behind him after he discovered the city was ablaze was the only way to prevent him from going back but that would only make sense if the inferno was part of Charlie's original plan.

Not-Slately's death confession says "To trap you. To burn you." which hints that the fire was supposedly part of the plan all along. Not buying that given the timeline of events.

Maybe a Predictamancer told him some of what would happen to manipulate him? Of course, Charlie already knows that the Predictamancers are his enemies, so probably not. Thinkamancy itself however has some limited access to Predictamancy, so maybe the Arkendish amplified his intuition or something.
ManaCaster
 
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:06 am

Re: Book 2 – Page 106

Postby niklinna » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:51 pm

Parson could be referring to ctrl-Z-ing the Summon Perfect Warlord spell...he does still have the scroll of unknown Carnymancy on his belt. I can't think of anything else that would be an undoing, except razing the city as noted.
User avatar
niklinna
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 11:25 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests