Re: Book 2 – Page 105

Postby ScegfOd » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:53 am

Diodri wrote:http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
ScegfOd
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby ThisIsNotDan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:57 am

name lips wrote:It's not really Jack, but some sort of trick to make Parson THINK it's Jack. I don't like this option, but Jack did just mysteriously appear, and there are a gazillion Casters on the other side of the Portal who might be capable of just about anything.

I made a similar prediction in http://www.erfworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6479. I really hope we're right. Jack is my favorite character in this strip, and I would really hate to see him go.

That said, where do we stand in the battle now? Looks like Clonely dropped his gun. That battlebear looks croaked, as well, leaving Ace either croaked or at least incapacitated. The purple dwagon is still alive, as are at least two reds in the background, and I think I see at least one GK unit alive by the throne. It looks like this'll be an easy win for GK from here, at least.
ThisIsNotDan

Postby Maurin » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:24 am

Damn it Rob! Now I'm going to be in a bad mood for the rest of the week!
Maurin
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Turanar » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:25 am

Oh boy no ... not Jack ! I really liked him, he tried is best to be always the Jest, trying to stay funny when everything was so gloom >_<

Hoping it's a trick, but I don't think Rob will foolamancy us twice with Jack death.

Now, I think that Jack would not like to be Decrypted ... But as said, he is too valuable to be left to rot, so if Jack is really dead, Parson might try to find a way to decrypt him, even if he know it's not Jack's wish.

And to see his friend die will certainly have an impact on Parson ... Will he becomes the Supreme Warlord ?

Tutu.
Turanar

Postby Tathar » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:33 am

name lips wrote:The only explanations I can think of is:
1) It's not really Jack, but some sort of trick to make Parson THINK it's Jack. I don't like this option, but Jack did just mysteriously appear, and there are a gazillion Casters on the other side of the Portal who might be capable of just about anything. But I think Rob has been frustrated with our predictions based on "things are not as they seem" every time Jack is present, and it makes sense to get rid of him in a "what you see is what's really happening" way so we can finally give it up.

This can only mean one thing: Jack is Charlie. (I couldn't resist the other prediction that's made after every update.)
Beeskee wrote:I was reluctant to assume Charlie was the Wizard, since it seems like if a butterfly farts in an unmapped hex, we're all ready to assume it's somehow part of Charlie's grand schemes to control the wind or whatever.
Tathar
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby sweetidealism » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:36 am

That seems like a really boring, anticlimactic way to kill off one of the coolest characters in the comic.
sweetidealism

Postby QuothTheRaven » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:37 am

Sad update is sad. I'll hold out hope that he may be decrypted and then break Wanda's hold on him, but...

:(

I'd also like to point out that this comes on the heels of the, er, death of a beloved character in OOTS. And an heroic sacrifice in Goblins. And a romantic scene in Girl Genius. Thank god for Girl Genius, I suppose.
Last edited by QuothTheRaven on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
QuothTheRaven

Postby Beeskee » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:47 am

I think Jack really is croaked. That said, Parson could always try CPR.

...No, I'm not suggesting that just to see them smooch. ;>
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby hyzhenhok » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:56 am

I cannot really believe that Rob would blatant repeating the "make friends with a single Erfworlder, then they die" arc from Book 1. So I'm guessing there's more to this.
hyzhenhok

Postby BobVosh » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:04 am

BobVosh

Postby ManaCaster » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:26 am

hyzhenhok wrote:I cannot really believe that Rob would blatant repeating the "make friends with a single Erfworlder, then they die" arc from Book 1. So I'm guessing there's more to this.

Don't forget that losing friends is a pretty major theme of war. Bogroll's death made Parson pause and back away from war. Maybe Jack's death would inspire him to actually confront and break it, like what the Predictamancers and Hippiemancers want him to do, since he is only going to continue losing friends as long as it exists.

I wonder if it would be possible to restore a croaked unit to full life with the right caster link. Maybe Croakamancer/Thinkamancer/(Healamancer or Florist)?
ManaCaster

Postby teratorn » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:35 am

I thought for some time he could be a double like Slately, but then he wouldn't leave a body. He's dead Jim. So it's going to be just Parson, Ace and a few dwagons? Slately lost his pew-thing, so Parson can start making prisoners and claim the city.
teratorn

Postby Sixty » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:53 am

Beeskee wrote:
Regarding Foolamancy, Jack was out of juice, though he did manage to make it back to Spacerock from the Magic Kingdom while being "out of juice" - then again, there really isn't much of a strategic benefit to playing dead right now. I think he's croaked, folks. :(

You are quite likely right, but I will note that there is a difference between Jack being out of juice and Jack SAYING he is out of juice.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:09 am

Boop.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Messenger » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:13 am

This update literally had me saying "SHIT!" when I saw Jack lifeless. :shock: :o

I have a feeling it is Jack, despite what other people are saying that it's just a trick. :( Dang. He was one of the coolest, most likeable, most memorable characters here. He will be missed. :cry:
Messenger

Postby Messenger » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:21 am

ManaCaster wrote:I wonder if it would be possible to restore a croaked unit to full life with the right caster link. Maybe Croakamancer/Thinkamancer/(Healamancer or Florist)?

Uncroaking a volcano was epic, but if all it takes is linking different casters together through Thinkamancy to produce such a powerful effect, why would the Arkentools be so coveted for their power? They have to be of a level greater than what can be achieved when Parson had Maggie link Wanda and Sizemore, or else Thinkamancers and other casters would be in even greater demand. If so, I'd say what the Arkenpliers can do is the limit of Croakamancy, which means Jack can come back but should he be croaked a second time, he'd be dust. :(
Messenger

Postby Lemarc » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:50 am

name lips wrote:But I think Rob has been frustrated with our predictions based on "things are not as they seem" every time Jack is present, and it makes sense to get rid of him in a "what you see is what's really happening" way so we can finally give it up.

It's cute that you think he would change the plot of the comic because of forum speculation.
Lemarc

Postby LTDave » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:16 am

JACK CWOAKS!

Can't be. Wanda has to come and decrypt him!
LTDave

Postby QuothTheRaven » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:35 am

LTDave wrote:JACK CWOAKS!

Can't be. Wanda has to come and decrypt him!

I am kinda hoping Parson has the body destroyed. It would be nice to have Jack return, but if I was Parson I would trust Wanda's decrypted just about as far as I could throw them. She's already demonstrated that her Loyalty score is as low as it could possibly be, and I don't doubt she will make a grab for Overlord status as soon as she has an opportunity. That is, if casters can be overlords. Besides, a lot of Jack's fun personality came from his wacky disregard for Wanda's (and others') opinion, and his cutting wit. I don't want to see zombie Jack walking around worshiping Wanda, that would just be depressing.
QuothTheRaven

Postby Azukar » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:47 am

No no no no no no NO!
:(

Surely Jack can't be gone... Nooo!

(This is about as much as I can contribute to the conversation right now)
---

-Az
Azukar

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions