Book 2 – Page 105

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 105

Postby jkosta » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:38 am

Witchalok wrote:Does anyone have any idea when the next comic update is due?
I am really disliking the irregular update schedule.

You should read the latest news item.
jkosta

Postby Oberon » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:31 pm

Witchalok wrote:Does anyone have any idea when the next comic update is due?
I am really disliking the irregular update schedule.

Would it be appropriate to respond by saying "Bite me"?

Fuck it, I'm not known for being appropriate. Bite me!
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Postby mastigo » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:53 pm

mastigo wrote:I think something unusual is up. I'm not sure what, just that it is. There's too many oddities about what's going on:
1. Literally the page before Jack dies due to the dwagon being blind, he's shown helping Jillian see despite blindness. (Perhaps a luck repayment from what Fate did to help Jillian all the way back then?)

[quote="Everybody"]
Jack is out of juice
[quote]

Yes, I know he's out of juice. Narritively speaking though, I find it interesting that Jack's "sight to the sightless" spell was first introduced the literal page before.

When I said something unusual was up, I wasn't saying that Jack wasn't necessarily dead, I was saying that I think there were outside factors meddling. Destiny, luck repayment, carnemancy repayment, or Charlie using Thinkamancy to cloud jack's thinking.
mastigo

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:20 pm

So, did anyone else notice that the purple seemed to be flying as it (and jack) were hit by falling debris? That's been fairly plainly stated as impossible at the moment. Was that a slip up in the drawing, a case of bad perspective, the dwagon simply jumping (speaking of which, how does jumping handle the flying/not flying thing? Shouldn't people be injured every time they jump off turn outside a city they own?), or something else? And yeah, I know he is very seriously confirmed as dead at this point, just seems odd. Maybe Charlie mind controlled it, making it allied to him, thus on turn, thus able to fly, and that is why it flew into danger? Sounds real unlikely, but who knows.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lilwik » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:32 am

Taikei no Yuurei wrote:So, did anyone else notice that the purple seemed to be flying as it (and jack) were hit by falling debris?
Flying seems to have a technical meaning which isn't exactly the same as how it is used in Stupidworld. I like to use Book 2, Klog 2 as a technical reference. It seems clear that jumping doesn't cause you to enter the airspace even though you are leaving the ground. Only units with the flying special can actually enter the airspace, which is technically flying, but a dwagon can probably leave the ground and even flap its wings a little without technically flying because it is like a jumping unit that is leaving the ground without entering the airspace.

The key difference between flying and jumping is probably that a jumping unit is still in the same zone and therefore can still be attacked by units on the ground without archery. So when it is said that the dwagon's can't fly they are really just saying that the dwagon's can't fly so high that they are out of range of being stabbed. I don't think the dwagons are literally forced to walk around on those little legs.
Lilwik

Postby Shai_hulud » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Mentioned here:
The Decrypted Archon stood stock still, hovering just above a rooftop she physically could not touch.

It appears that a flying unit can literally not touch things that are out of "airspace." There is no reason to assume the same premise isn't also in play with ground forces trying to hit flyers and those flyers trying to get up to the sky. Invisible force fields man. Everywhere.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Taikei no Yuurei » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:06 pm

Lilwik wrote:I don't think the dwagons are literally forced to walk around on those little legs.

Restricted to the ground by lack of move, the dwagons gallumphed forward like walruses. Their tiny arms lifted their bodies up just enough for their powerful legs to vault them forward, but it made for a surprisingly swift method of locomotion.

Based on that passage from book 2, I figured they were in fact physically restricted from lifting off the ground. Perhaps a jump, but the shot with Jack riding the Dwagon seems alot more like flying than just jumping. So maybe jumping is allowed, though it would make the answer for the barrier between ground and airspace a bit more complex than 'the ground, I suppose'.
Taikei no Yuurei
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sir_Dr_D » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:26 pm

The dragon was charging. Maybe that is how dragons charge. They lift off the ground, but it is not considered 'flying'.
Sir_Dr_D
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:53 am

Taikei no Yuurei wrote:
Lilwik wrote:I don't think the dwagons are literally forced to walk around on those little legs.

Restricted to the ground by lack of move, the dwagons gallumphed forward like walruses. Their tiny arms lifted their bodies up just enough for their powerful legs to vault them forward, but it made for a surprisingly swift method of locomotion.

Based on that passage from book 2, I figured they were in fact physically restricted from lifting off the ground. Perhaps a jump, but the shot with Jack riding the Dwagon seems alot more like flying than just jumping. So maybe jumping is allowed, though it would make the answer for the barrier between ground and airspace a bit more complex than 'the ground, I suppose'.

This brings a more important question to mind: Where and when did Artemis see a Walrus?
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Shai_hulud » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:56 am

Heh, dang. Good catch. Maybe in the Ad council wars? (The war on drugs?)
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Previous

Return to Reactions