Book 2 – Page 99

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 99

Postby kiyote » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Oh booping a, Jack, you couldn't have taken Wanda with you? The fight needs her bonus almost more than it needs Parson's...
kiyote
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby joosy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:57 pm

Jack knows that "Invisibility is a relative thing. Sometimes all it needs is wits and a matchless knowledge of the city."
joosy

Postby Morni » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:03 pm

cheeseaholic wrote:He may have hid just in case things grew violent so he could work his magic.

I think Parson could be named heir simply because the summoning spell forces him to obey Stanley. It also helps to protect Stanley since a decapitation strike is harder then.

Of course you'd have to word it right.

How to word it to Stanley.. if you name someone an heir you could go fighting again, and if you loose the side doesn't end.
Morni

Postby cloudbreaker » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:05 pm

I was kind of hoping Ace would use the wand of cure incapacitation from Pierce's martini to heal Cubbins and then the two of them could go on a rampage, but looks like that isn't going to happen.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby Whispri » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:20 pm

So much for the plushies.

I don't really see the benefit of a Juiceless Caster entering the Battle. Although if Archon attack is suspected... Does he know something?

kiyote wrote:Oh booping a, Jack, you couldn't have taken Wanda with you? The fight needs her bonus almost more than it needs Parson's...

Almost? Her bonus is far higher. Four times as large iirc.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby effataigus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:28 pm

Suddenly curious... if Charlie did a decapitation on strike on GK...
1. What would happen to Parson? Clearly Maggie and Sizemore would be fine because they're in TMK, but Parson... would he go neutral? Do units go neutral when they are in a city that isn't the capital city? Probably.
2. Would Wanda willingly join Charlie? She has some sort of fate crush on Parson, but it really makes the most sense for her to be wherever the arkentools are at, and, after a decapitation strike, Charlie would have half of them. If he couldn't attune to the hammer, then it is possible that he wouldn't even just disband her and take the pliers for himself.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby No one in particular » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:30 pm

And now... three months of Parson standing on THIS side of the portal, talking about where to go with Jack and Antium! :D

No, seriously, the instant Tramennis is out of the city Slately-ditto is going to change the capital, Charlie's going to crush the entire city with a nuke from orbit, and we're going to see a romance blossom between Parson and Jack as they sit under the rubble for a dozen turns while Sizemore has to dig them out.

Should be fun! :D
"Are you always so pessimistic?"
"Not at all. I saved it for my last battle."
---
Got questions? Ask Count Downer!
No one in particular

Postby effataigus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:31 pm

Whispri wrote:Almost? Her bonus is far higher. Four times as large iirc.
And we suspect she can lead them in a dance fight... Parson got no moves...
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby sheepfly » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Don't count Wanda out of the picture just yet. We still haven't seen the reappearance of the bespectacled Predictamancer, so whoever got Jack through the portal (Isaac with Foolamancy?) might well do the same for Wanda.

The odds on my bet that Ace would turn willingly are getting worse now that Cubbins is out of the picture..

Edit: Ace could carry Slately's body while wearing the jetpack. Why wouldn't he carry Cubbins away from the city himself if getting Cubbins out was his primary concern? It's not like he has any cloth golems left to command. Erfworlders' sense of duty puzzles me to no end.
Last edited by sheepfly on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..
sheepfly

Postby drachefly » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:34 pm

The reference made up-thread to the space personality core is apt. I feel like that.
drachefly

Postby C9H20 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Jorgath wrote:No Wanda = no decrypted Ace if he croaks, too. :(

Not necessarily, remember that corpses can be captured which prevents them from depopping instantly, but there is a limited time to use them as they begin to decay. Still there should be ample time for Wanda to come and rez the dead.

Also I love that idea someone had of moving Gobwin Knob's capital to Jetstone when it's captured, therefore allowing for a speedy return of the detached casters. This is depending on the price of moving your capital and the rules involved therein, of course.

Anyway, time to see Charlie's next move. Should be good.
C9H20

Postby Chit Rule Railroad » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:50 pm

sheepfly wrote:Edit: Ace could carry Slately's body while wearing the jetpack. Why wouldn't he carry Cubbins away from the city himself if getting Cubbins out was his primary concern? It's not like he has any cloth golems left to command. Erfworlders' sense of duty puzzles me to no end.

I imagine it takes a "special" to transport a unit, but a body is just encumbrance.
Chit Rule Railroad

Postby LTDave » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:09 pm

"He made it through the wilderness... he made it thro-oo-oo-oo-ough!"

"Like a Parson, touched for the very first time..."

Hooray!
LTDave

Postby Noigel » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:31 pm

And we suspect she can lead them in a dance fight... Parson got no moves...

What would be the implications of Parson doing Gundam Style? ;)
Noigel

Postby Sixty » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:40 pm

sheepfly wrote:Edit: Ace could carry Slately's body while wearing the jetpack. Why wouldn't he carry Cubbins away from the city himself if getting Cubbins out was his primary concern? It's not like he has any cloth golems left to command. Erfworlders' sense of duty puzzles me to no end.

He didn't realize how bad the situation was getting. He thought he still had to command them.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Salem » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:48 pm

Aquillion wrote:
Salem wrote:I wouldn't count Ace out of decryption. I want him to just live. I love him and I dislike red more now for simply doing her duty because it included hurting Ace.

But my strategy here would be, move the capital of GK to spacerock, to decrypt to shore up losses suffered from not having Wanda. Then if we wanted to much the capital back which would make sense, do a super protected dwagon relay back and forth. Granted this creates risk for Stanley. With an heir it would be the best choice for the side. We also know that Maggie has no qualms about telling her overlord which droids he is and is not looking for. Maybe she'll mind control him into making an heir.

That in hindsight sounds dirty.
Remember, like she told Parson, Thinkamancy can't make people do things they wouldn't have the potential to do anyway. She was able to make Stanley appoint Parson as chief warlord because in his heart, he actually does think that Parson is competent, even if the guy makes him uneasy; and because he could rationalize it to himself as getting his money's worth out of the Summon Perfect Warlord spell.

She can't make him appoint Parson as his heir, because that's not something he would ever consider doing, and not something he could really rationalize to himself.

(Incidentally, this presumably shows a difference between Thinkamancy and Turnamancy -- Thinkamancy can do a wider variety of more subtle things, but you can't make someone switch sides with it unless they were already considering it and have low loyalty. Turnamancy can force people to switch sides regardless of whether they'd ever consider doing so.)

Oh Parson wouldn't need to be heir, anyone could be. Any member of KISS, Sizemore. The risk of dragon relay being hit like that are relatively low if you do it right, but the risk of taking the one peice that would end your side too high. Any heir would do. That said, I do think Stanley likes Parson more than he will admit. He's even changed as a person because of Parson. I'd also wager that Parson personally is more loyal to GK than Wanda. I mean he likes Wanda but he also seems to feel she's been getting Eerie lately.
"Too cute to (stay) croak(ed)!"
Salem
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby bladestorm » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Maybe Jack never went into the magick kingdom.....and maybe neither did Wanda. That entire scene of them entering could have been a foolamancy projection from the other side of the portal. Aside from getting the tower knocked down, Jack has shown time and again to be a brilliant individual capable of extensive forethought. Taking all of the casters out of a fight to check on the progress of a CWL lacks forethought.
bladestorm

Postby Shai_hulud » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Look at how surprised all those soldiers are. I mean, it's like they had just spent so long waiting that they can't believe their eyes.
Shai_hulud
Pins Supporter!
Pins Supporter!

Postby Salem » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:14 pm

bladestorm wrote:Maybe Jack never went into the magick kingdom.....and maybe neither did Wanda. That entire scene of them entering could have been a foolamancy projection from the other side of the portal. Aside from getting the tower knocked down, Jack has shown time and again to be a brilliant individual capable of extensive forethought. Taking all of the casters out of a fight to check on the progress of a CWL lacks forethought.

Naw I thought of that, maybe Jack never went through but Wanda did. Her emotional moments over there aside. I doubt Jack is out to trick the reader unless he has 4th wall issues, and there was no reason for us to find out the decrypted had lost their bonus. I suppose maybe if bonuses can be denied it was to trick the enemy, Charlie, into thinking their forces were weaker than they are.
"Too cute to (stay) croak(ed)!"
Salem

Postby MonteCristo » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:40 pm

I see 3 possibilities...
first, the jetpack can only support one unit, but slately's croaked body counts as an object
Second, the jetpack CAN support more than one unit, but at a movement penalty. This would mean that they might not catch up to pierce if the flew together. This however would note a lack of foresight; ace should have either asked pierce to whip him up something to wake up cubbins so he would not need to get all the way back to pierce, or piece and the others should have hanged outside the city before leaving for jetstone. I mean technically, until they end turn, they can wait as long as they like; just outside the city in the next hex they would be safe.
Third, Ace could have left, but didn't just out of a sense of duty... though rather blind for him not to notice that his golems were being burned to nothing leaving him with nothing to fight with.
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Reactions