Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 006

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 006

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:51 am

drachefly wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:{Bla bla, Jack's awesomeness allowed the capital strike by GK}

No, the other time, at the bridge.

Oh that. Ok, my impression is like this: Jetstone was expecting an infantry column (and as such, moved archers and at least one caster to the expo bridge); whereas, GK's original plan was to pretend to be an infantry column, bypass the Jetstonian infantry because GK actually brought fliers, and strike at the tower. Wanda's capture of Ossomer was a piece of improv.

With or without that improv, Foolamancy did its job. It brought Jetstone into the field, and allowed the GK airforce to bypass them and head straight for Slately. Which GK chose not to do, not before swiping an enemy warlord, anyway.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby raphfrk » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:48 am

drachefly wrote:No, the other time, at the bridge.

The effect was that they managed to get into position to one-shot all nearby defenders except Tramennis and Ossomer and then to disable Tramennis with a single target effect. Tramennis was hit twice before he had a chance to react (and by then he was disabled).

Also, the arrow storm which broke the spell was caster boosted. It would have been four times weaker (and so 4 times less chance of working), it the Dittomancer hadn't helped.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby drachefly » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:21 pm

To clarify:
I'm not disputing the effectiveness - the strategy wouldn't have had a chance of working at all without the foolamancy. I was just straightening out the reference.
drachefly

Postby Evil Jedi » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:18 am

I guess it only makes sense that a Necromancer would have a fascination with dead people. At least Wanda hasn't become a complete necrophiliac... yet. But still, very creepy.
A lifelong member of PA, Procrastinators Anonymous. "Hello, my name is ____ and I'm a Procrastinator."
Evil Jedi
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Previous

Return to Reactions