Summer Updates - 004

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Summer Updates - 004

Postby shai-hulud » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:52 pm

I'm just surprised Stanley didn't flip out when Wanda called him "Lord". He gave explicit orders that he is now to be referred to as "Tool", not "Lord".
shai-hulud

Postby Darkside007 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:53 pm

shai-hulud wrote:I'm just surprised Stanley didn't flip out when Wanda called him "Lord". He gave explicit orders that he is now to be referred to as "Tool", not "Lord".

Like his title is going to be remotely attached to his brain right now. :P
Darkside007

Postby Goshen » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:47 pm

I think Stanly is a little afraid of Wanda, because.....She is Freaking Scary! I think he will go on being the overlord, because Wanda finds him useful in the big chair.

I love the updates, I loved the book. Rob is just using the medium (mostly words) to its fullest. If it were the other way around, mostly pictures and few words, I'm sure Jamie would make that great too.

Finally, I really am looking forward to Stanley meeting the new Ansom. Stanley is small minded enough to take his insecurities out on Ansom, make him grovel, etc.

So looking forward the next update...
Goshen

Postby warriortribble » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:57 pm

shai-hulud wrote:I'm just surprised Stanley didn't flip out when Wanda called him "Lord". He gave explicit orders that he is now to be referred to as "Tool", not "Lord".
Also, since Wanda is also a Tool now, calling Stanley by that title would imply they're equals which would eventually piss him off. Eventually being several months from now probably, but still.
warriortribble
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby cloudbreaker » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:46 pm

Goshen wrote:Finally, I really am looking forward to Stanley meeting the new Ansom. Stanley is small minded enough to take his insecurities out on Ansom, make him grovel, etc.

I could definitely see Stanley gloating to Ansom about 'his' victory. However, I'm thinking it may prove ultimately unsatisfactory to Stanley. After all, Ansome is now part of the Gobwin Knob side so Stanley would be rubbing it into Ansom's face that Ansom's new side won.

Quite the conundrum.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby Anton Gaist » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:12 am

cloudbreaker wrote:I could definitely see Stanley gloating to Ansom about 'his' victory. However, I'm thinking it may prove ultimately unsatisfactory to Stanley. After all, Ansome is now part of the Gobwin Knob side so Stanley would be rubbing it into Ansom's face that Ansom's new side won.
Quite the conundrum.

Me... not really. I don't think Stanley would enjoy gloating to someone who's going to agree completely with him. Maybe on Parson, he might state that everything was actually his own plan... perhaps. But even the Tool would be feeling even the tiniest bit of respect for the Player Warlord by now.
Gentlemen, I like war.
I like trench war, I like Blitzkrieg, I like the offensive, I like the defensive.
I truly love each and every kind of war man can wage on a tabletop game.
Anton Gaist

Postby SteveMB » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:20 am

Goshen wrote:I think Stanly is a little afraid of Wanda, because.....

...because he's not an idiot (or at least, not a complete idiot). ;)
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB

Postby Mikalyaran » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:43 am

Hatu wrote:
BarGamer wrote:GODS, I wish Parson would find his own ArkenTool. As someone with an idiot for a boss, I sympathize with him in the worst way.

Personally, I'm in no hurry. One of the things I liked about the end of Book 1 was the contrast between Wanda and Parson. Wanda was willing to sacrifice everyone around her in order to blindly fullfil her prophecy and get an ArkenTool, whereas Parson refused to be controlled by fate no matter what perks it gave him. Giving Parson an ArkenTool of his own would muddle that contrast.

-H

Well said.
Mikalyaran
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Previous

Return to Reactions