Book 2 – Page 28

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Page 28

Postby DoctorJest » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:33 pm

homeosapiens wrote:So you rather believe all trioxin uncroaked are same strenght? Than is your right.

If they weren't, there'd be little incentive not to just use trioxin all the time. If a mass uncroaking can uncroak a warlord AS a warlord along with dozens of additional troops vs. just uncroaking the warlord, then it's a no-brainer (heh. zombie joke.) to always use trioxin. The advantage of having them last longer seems relatively underpowered suddenly, unless they're both tougher AND longer lasting.

Trioxin uncroaked are just regular uncroaked, and the strip makes that very clear.
DoctorJest

Postby DoctorJest » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:35 pm

Reclaimer wrote:Edit: I've recently started thinking of the Arkentools as all part of the same set.

You're not the only one!
DoctorJest

Postby Almaseti » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:58 pm

I thought that trioxin uncroacked had a lot less juice spent per uncroaked, and it was how long they lasted, not how powerful they were, that was the limiting factor. In other words, yes, just as powerful as in life... at first. But they get weaker quickly because there wasn't as much effort put into their construction. And as far as I can tell, you can't uncroak a unit more than once, so it's not repeatable, and it only lasts a very short time. It's powerful, yes, but it's also an all-eggs-in-one-basket kind of strategy. If the enemy can hold them off for a turn or two, the situation goes back to how it was pre-trioxin, so it's really a tactic of desperation because it's not sustainable.
Almaseti

Postby Dunham » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:41 pm

DoctorJest wrote:

Also, Sammy's words sound like song lyrics, so I imagine he's just Rocking Out.

Quite right
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVBmFtL0Q40
Dunham

Postby Pointyleaf » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:49 pm

DoctorJest wrote:
homeosapiens wrote:So you rather believe all trioxin uncroaked are same strenght? Than is your right.

If they weren't, there'd be little incentive not to just use trioxin all the time. If a mass uncroaking can uncroak a warlord AS a warlord along with dozens of additional troops vs. just uncroaking the warlord, then it's a no-brainer (heh. zombie joke.) to always use trioxin. The advantage of having them last longer seems relatively underpowered suddenly, unless they're both tougher AND longer lasting.

Trioxin uncroaked are just regular uncroaked, and the strip makes that very clear.

Eh, trioxin makes the "weakest type" of uncroaked. This can mean either (a) lowest absolute strength, or (b) lowest percentage of original strength. Note that (b) would mean that higher level units, when killed and trioxin-uncroaked, are still stronger than their fellow trioxin-uncroaked grunt troops.

Again, to clarify:
A:
Croakamancer spends more time, unit is 'x' strength.
Croakamancer uses trioxin, unit is 'x - 2' strength.

B:
Croakamancer uses more time, unit is 75% of the strength it had when it died.
Croakamancer uses trioxin, unit is 25% of the strength it had when it died (warlord abilities may or may not be retained).

Either (a) or (b) makes sense in light of the strip about trioxin, but I think that (b) is more consistent with normal croakamancy skills; ie, stronger units make for stronger uncroaked, generally speaking.
Pointyleaf

Postby Phoenix10k » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:20 pm

As someone noticed Parson not having pupils anymore, I also noticed that Parson is speaking in Erfworlder font, not his own Earth font.
Phoenix10k

Postby Dunham » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:05 am

Phoenix10k wrote:As someone noticed Parson not having pupils anymore, I also noticed that Parson is speaking in Erfworlder font, not his own Earth font.

The pupils thing is likely deliberate, but the font may very well be a simple matter of the artist having changed over the summer.
Dunham

Previous

Return to Reactions