Postby Rosa Vernal » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:59 pm

Wonder what Jillian's gonna do.

Maybe come back for Wanda?
RIP, Grandma. <3
Mar '29 - Oct '10
Rosa Vernal

Re: Book 2 – Page 28

Postby Joe Falco » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:01 pm

Rosa Vernal wrote:Wonder what Jillian's gonna do.

Nah. I'm thinking she'll bring back Vanna and turn Ansom.
Joe Falco

Postby Rosa Vernal » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:03 pm

Also a valid idea, but I'm somehow doubting it'll work.

EDIT: Also, not a text update? Yay!
RIP, Grandma. <3
Mar '29 - Oct '10
Rosa Vernal

Postby sheepfly » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:06 pm

Joe Falco wrote:
Rosa Vernal wrote:Wonder what Jillian's gonna do.

Nah. I'm thinking she'll bring back Vanna and turn Ansom.

Yup. Vanna's totally gonna croak. Jillian is a danger to everyone she interacts with, pulling them toward their destruction. This is twice now that someone's been croaked mid-conversation with her, in a world that seems to treat talking as a free action.
What would YOU say if you'd won with strength and duty and honor every time when suddenly a veiled flying zero-upkeep 100% recycled army of former friends showed up to croak you with massive numbers and bonuses and skulls with little pink flowers?

Yeah..
sheepfly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Neko » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:11 pm

I wonder if a side loses a bonus when its Standard falls? Hmmm...maybe Jillian is going back for the Turnamancer or one of the other casters if Tremennis lets her borrow one. Oooh! Megalogwiffs + Archers + Dittomancer = UBERSTRAFE potential. Arial blitz for the win! :D
Neko
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby ftl » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Yeah, what's with the banner... I could see the existence of a banner being a morale or loyalty boost, cutting that off for easier turning attempts (not like it's going to work.)

[edit]Also, "BRB" on Jillian's part? Why's she running off - she just got there! What's going on inside her head, titans only know.[/edit]
Last edited by ftl on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lady Nerevar » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:29 pm

i'm thinking its a metaphor for the fall of their side as well as the wavering allegiance of ansom, wanda and co. :ugeek:
Lady Nerevar

Postby jabbersocky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Well thats the last of Sammy Hagar considering both bits of him are being carried over the hex boundary. I'd say shame but i don't think its right to like a characterjust because he made a spidew cry :).

Also his toolship still seems reluctant to promote Parson. I'm starting to think wanda and Jake are going to be the only GK units to get out of this, forcing Parson to become Chief warlord because there's no one else left.
My life for Jetstone!
Her vorpal blade went snicker-snack! as she croaked every dwagon in the stack.
jabbersocky

Postby jabbersocky » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:32 pm

Lady Nerevar wrote:i'm thinking its a metaphor for the fall of their side as well as the wavering allegiance of ansom, wanda and co. :ugeek:

I'd say it's because Jillian likes hitting things with Stanley's face on them.
My life for Jetstone!
Her vorpal blade went snicker-snack! as she croaked every dwagon in the stack.
jabbersocky

Postby Joe Falco » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:50 pm

Rosa Vernal wrote:Also a valid idea, but I'm somehow doubting it'll work.

Same here. I just want it to be over with so we can know for sure whether turning decrypted is possible or not.
Joe Falco

Postby Anias » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:56 pm

Sweet, new page!
Looks like Vanna's coming along - must be time for Jillian to try turning Ansom. If my eyes aren't deceiving me, that's Vanna on the far-left megalogwiff in the ninth panel. And yeah, it looks like the banner-stuff is probably just Jillian venting against Stanley - note that the place her sword hit on the banner was a picture of his face. And with regards to this being the last we see of Sammy...well, maybe. After all, corpses that are moved don't disappear. We'll see what happens - remember that everyone seemed shocked when Parson wanted to bury Misty, so it seems like they've may have something in mind for his body. Certainly Wanda could put it to good use...
Last edited by Anias on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anias

Postby Moik » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:57 pm

Awesome faces/expressions, Xin!
(Panels 6, 9, and 10)
Moik

Postby Gertlex » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:04 pm

I second the excellent art. Everything except the Tool's eyebrows that, is. Oh well.

I presume Sammy's second in command is so willing to retreat since Jillian presumably gains control of that group now...

Maybe that's what Charlie had in mind, either throwing more into Jillian's control (nah, not too likely...), or just creating this confrontation.
Gertlex
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Mithranir » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Ah, Jillian. Good to know that you're still a selfish, self absorbed person. I mean seriously, she essentially gets Sammy killed, and he doesn't even get an 'oops, my bad'? This (maybe even more than Stanley) is the reason everything Jillian touches seems to WITHER AND DIE.

Actually, that could be a good bit of character development for Jillian! Her realization that she needs to stop thinking only, always of herself, and maybe understand that Erf isn't all about her.
Mithranir

Postby Smoker » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:24 pm

Ah! I was wondering where Vanna was, now I see that Jillian rushed her troops in there to try to calm things down before she risked taking the caster into battle.

Uses an extra 2 move, but good idea Jillian! *hugs*

At least, thats what I assume she's doing...
No, no. It hit him in the brain because it killed him. - Dante
Smoker

Postby Neko » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:39 pm

Anias wrote:Looks like Vanna's coming along - must be time for Jillian to try turning Ansom. If my eyes aren't deceiving me, that's Vanna on the far-left megalogwiff in the ninth panel.

Great catch! I hadn't seen that till you pointed it out. Also, upon looking at the panel closer it appears that the unit on the Megalogwiff on the far right is not a Faq unit (black robes & top hat looking rather than blue & white). If it's another caster, my TFH theory (regarding Ansom's potential turning) is alive!

EDIT: It very well may be another caster. He/she appears in a couple other pages when Faq's units are pictured, and it looks like Faq warlords are all in blue...not top hat & tails. Could that be Bowie the Changeamancer or Jeftichew the Carnymancer? Hmmm...http://www.erfworld.com/page/10/
Last edited by Neko on Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Neko

Postby junovalkyrie » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:44 pm

Smoker wrote:At least, thats what I assume she's doing...

I certainly hope so; if she's going back for Wanda or being indecisive again, she just let a bunch of Haggar men die for no reason.

Although honestly, Parson's right; Jetstone and friends may be committing an error by attacking Ansom's hex first if that means GK can give Wanda a bonus. (Especially since it seems that with enough archers to produce pretty much a torrent of arrows on an earlier page, their Chief Warlord in-hex and in-stack with a group of archers, and a Dittomancer around to quadruple their output, they've got pretty good anti-air capabilities available to them even without Jillian's support.)
junovalkyrie

Postby kreszantas » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:53 pm

Have to think that the WISH sound is also symbolic to Jillians over childish nature involving Ansom. She "wishes" that Stanley be gone but at the expense of the two she loves which makes the wish unattainable. Nice plot hook there hidden within a simple "Jillian-action"
Huh? What was that sound, oh nevermind it was nothing.
kreszantas

Next

Return to Reactions